Home

The Future of Madden's Commentary

This is a discussion on The Future of Madden's Commentary within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2023, 04:40 PM   #1
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
The Future of Madden's Commentary

One of the threads that has remained popular on OS during the last week or two...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

-----------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:

I’m Strictly a franchise mode player and why it’s not perfect it’s still and always will be my go to mode.

With that being said I just can’t get with the commentary in franchise mode. They barely acknowledge what’s actually going on around your specific or around the league.

The commentators in real life absolutely love what they do and bring the life to each and every game whether you like said commentator or not they bring that level of awareness and life to each game, moment , situation and just the bizarre things that happen on the field.

I would like commentary on future games coming up or a look ahead of said teams schedule during the game (NBA 2K does this)

I want the commentators to actually be aware and acknowledge how big or crucial a game is during certain parts of the season (ex. Rivalry games , playoff implications , win/losing streaks , breakout players , surprise/underachieving teams , record breaking scenarios , trades/free agents you make or around the league, star players seaking contracts/potential trades (ex. Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rodgers) etc…

I want each season to actually mean something and the commentary we currently have doesn’t reflect that in the slightest. Recognize and be aware of what players/teams and coaches did in previous seasons. If my team makes a playoff run but loses or wins the superbowl I want that recognized by the commentators in the following season(s).

I just want the commentary to actually reflect and be aware of what’s going on in my franchise.

NBA 2K commentary talks about both teams upcoming schedules (next 4-5 games) , teams current standings , players current and previous stats , teams stats from the current and past seasons , the have sideline reporter updates , pre/halftime/post game. They have a slight halftime show , they introduce the lineup s (madden actually had this and randomly took it away.. typical).

I just want madden to feel like a universe when I play and have actual meaning besides what goes on during the main tabs in franchise!!

I would love to hear you guys thoughts or ideas!!

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown

Last edited by ChaseB; 02-14-2023 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2023, 06:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: The future of Madden’s Commentary

Everything you said here is perfectly reasonable to expect. I know that recent FIFA games have gotten better with this. I'd like all you asked for, plus better announcers. You put Joe Buck & Troy Aikman in Madden, and it immediately improves the game, the same way they improved Monday Night Football this season.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:50 PM   #3
Rookie

NickyJay's Arena

Re: The future of Madden’s Commentary

All I want is to hear someone talk about chestnuts. I don't care about the context or anything. I just need to hear a commentator bring up chestnuts and have the other commentator be confused about them. If it doesn't happen at least once a game, then the future is bleak.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I feel like the commentary is barely set up to be for franchise mode. I started a franchise more where Russell Wilson was on the Saints instead of Denver and Gaudin talked at length about a Monday Night Seattle/Denver matchup featuring Russell Wilson vs. his former team.

They put all this effort into updating the commentary throughout the year, but it only really applies to Play Now games. I don't want to hear about a big real-life game from Stefon Diggs last week if he's been hurt for the entire season in my franchise.

The stuff in 2K isn't hard coded conversation, it's more fluid and adaptable to situations that arise. They've actually put real effort in in that department.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:16 PM   #5
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Packers Fan
Everything you said here is perfectly reasonable to expect. I know that recent FIFA games have gotten better with this. I'd like all you asked for, plus better announcers. You put Joe Buck & Troy Aikman in Madden, and it immediately improves the game, the same way they improved Monday Night Football this season.
Sorry to say, but no it wouldn't be any better. The only thing it would be is different, Aiman and Buck would in no way have the time needed or required to record lines and keep doing it throughout the season to keep things "fresh".

IMO, the only way to have the commentary needed to keep Franchise "interesting" would be to hire voice actors as I'm sure they would have the time needed to continually update lines needed in order to keep things fresh and interesting.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2023, 11:11 PM   #6
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Packers Fan
If Joe Buck ever becomes play by play in Madden I’d have to play on mute lol.
Old 01-26-2023, 04:09 AM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Man a sideline reporter would do wonders. Injury updates, coach "interviews," and sideline updates. Would help fill in the gaps that we have with current commentary.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2023, 09:10 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Everything you asked for has been asked for time and time again and they for the most part ignore doing anything for immersion commentary.

Although I give them credit for their super bowl dynamic commentary as it updates you on how your team has been doing in terms of super bowl appearances and wins as your franchise goes through out the years in franchise. I don’t think Nba2k or MLB commentary actually does that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »