Home

Let's talk sliders and customization

This is a discussion on Let's talk sliders and customization within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2023, 06:50 PM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Let's talk sliders and customization

With the added sliders in Madden 24 for progression and regression, I think a ton more could be done to tailor the experience to different users. Here is a list of sliders and customization that I would like to see added in the coming months/years...

Specific dev trait progression and regression. The current XP sliders are universal regardless of dev trait. I would like to see specific XP sliders for different dev traits. If we want to set XP for normal dev players to 0% then we could truly have draft busts. Conversely we could crank up SS/X players to 300% and these players would progress at an insane degree where you could have younger players shoot up in ratings so we have those year 1 studs like Justin Jefferson or Sauce Gardner. We can turn the XP sliders into more of a dynamic potential rating that is much less linear than systems of the past.

A slider to customize XP gain in training vs game stats. If you want to make XP to be based mostly on training vs in game there should be a slider to make it happen. Stat chasing could be a thing of the past if you get very little XP for on field play vs training.

Separate CPU sliders for users vs CPU for XP sliders. This would be an option to help the CPU make up their defincies in roster building. By giving commissioners the ability to modify it, it could make for more competitive CPU teams.

Allow the numbers of x factors in a league to be set to 0. I think some of the X Factor abilities are silly. So allow us to set it to 0 without turning off abilities altogether.

We need coach philosophy sliders. Let us set run/pass splits, Rb1/RB2 splits to better emulate a bell cow running back system vs running back by committee, blitz vs coverage, etc.

Regression sliders based on dev trait. We now have it on age. Give an additional option for dev traits. If we want to have X Factor dev traits never regress give us the option to do so.

A slider to determine salary cap growth. This could alleviate the issue of rising salary cap vs stagnation of player demands.

These are some I thought of off the top of my head. Are there any more you would like to see?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2023, 07:24 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Let's talk sliders and customization

Of all these, the salary cap slider is probably the one I want the most.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:39 AM   #3
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

I would like to eventually see sliders for injuries that allow for us to control the rate injuries occur at by position. You can google the topic and see that injuries are more frequent for certain positions and that the types of (most)injuries can vary between positions.
Old 08-08-2023, 04:39 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah and to add to this sim vs game injury sliders.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2023, 05:16 AM   #5
MVP

Houston's Arena

We need new up to date penalties sliders (defenseless reciever) but before we can get there we need the current penalties to actually work. Add back defense holding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2023, 08:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Does anyone know if the "clutch" trait can be found or is even applicable in franchise mode? Also, has anyone ever drafted a QB, RB or WR with the "high motor" trait? I see running backs in franchise like Derrick Henry and CMC have high motor but I have never seen an auto generated RB have it.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:49 AM   #7
Pro

I wish the game would be less dependent on sliders and less depended on the need for the devs to patch this and tune that and instead more dependant on player's ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »