Home

How to ensure coaches get fired/retire in relocation franchise

This is a discussion on How to ensure coaches get fired/retire in relocation franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2023, 10:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How to ensure coaches get fired/retire in relocation franchise

I'm looking to start my franchise soon.

I plan to relocate all 32 teams, and then sim 15 or so years into the future in order to create an almost entirely fictional roster/league.

The relocation requires me to create 32 user teams ... And in the test sim I did of this, the issue I had was when I simmed 15 years into the future ... it didn't seem any of the original coaches had been fired or retired, or moved on to different teams... McDaniels was still the head coach of the former Dolphins, McDermott still the head coach of the team that used to be the Bills, etc...

Does the game not fire/retire/have coaches transfer if they are user teams?

Would this be different if I created a fictional/custom coach for each team?

I'm just wondering if there's any way around having the same coaches remain in the game in their same spots when I sim 15 years into the future?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2023, 10:59 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How to ensure coaches get fired/retire in relocation franchise

Just take control of a team, relocate it, then retire the coach (he won't actually retire, you just won't have control of him). Rinse/repeat for all 32 teams and then you can do your sim and coach firing/hiring will occur normally.

I just set mine up yesterday (I'm not simming but I followed the process).

(Quick FYI....there are only 32 logos, which means you HAVE to move a team to Houston and rebrand as the Oilers for a full league)
Old 09-05-2023, 01:05 PM   #3
Rookie

megacity1's Arena

OVR: 0

While I can't comment on the original ask, I did want to come on here and possibly keep this thread going.

I was originally going to open a post "Let's Build A League". What you and the other user have commented about is the same thing I'd like to do for a save in this year's title.

A full re-branded NFL with alternate players. I can't be bothered to do much on creating a roster (the player editing this year is somehow worse with all the menus and constant scrolling through equip), but I did find a roster file on PS5 that is called "80 OVR" & "85 OVR" where the creator edited out players and your Mahomes, Jeffersons, Donalds, & Henrys of the world out of the roster. I was hoping to see a fictional roster pop up, but that hasn't been the case yet and frankly, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to do that.

So, maybe the best course of action is to take the "80 OVR" roster and build a league from there. Yes, there are guys like Stafford, Justin Fields, Bryce Young available but for me, it's ok to have some familiar names. Bijan Robinson is the only rookie that's not there to start but I just edited him back up to a 78 to keep him in the league. The 2023 draft class are all there.

My plan is to create new coaches as you have to run the 32-man User Setup anyway. Those coaches I'm going to pull from the XFL, USFL, CFL, maybe even pull some college to keep them "realistic".
The coach creator should have gotten a little more attention, but I think things could open up when dictating their playbooks - which is an area I wanted to look for assistance/help with.

I just gave it a light run last night before deciding this was what I was going to do. An off-line franchise with fantasy draft.
The one thing that you would have to do first though is kinda dictate what your teams are going to be and their divisions. Which is another part of this I was banging my head about.
From what I gathered, you could put multiple teams in one city (Brooklyn, for example ala New York), so that opens up an avenue some. However, with this being said, you would have to place these coaches on those teams while setting up because only after the fantasy draft then you can relocate.

Would you guys want to tackle this together and build a template on how to build an alternate league and bounce ideas off one another?
Old 09-06-2023, 08:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I solved my own question on this... there's an option regarding coach firing, that defaults to being toggled to protect user coaches, thus the game would never fire any of the coaches I had a user character on (ie all 32 teams).

I toggled that off/to be able to have anyone fired, and then did another sim into the future and things looked much better.. some coaches did get fired/replaced, it wasn't the exact same coaching lineup in the NFL a decade down the road.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »