Home

Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

This is a discussion on Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 09-15-2023, 10:26 AM   #89
Spottedhorse

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
People who are unhappy with the game really hate it when others say they enjoy it.

As has been alluded to in this thread, but not implicitly stated, I think the reasoning is if people can openly admit to loving Madden then the exclusive license will stay with EA and things will never change.

But as I said, we are about to get EA College Football so things will already be changing next year.

Yes I have noticed that as well, they get upset at any positive thoughts about madden. I understand that they want changes, we all want the game to continue to improve but I am going to purchase what I like. I would love to see other developers making football games but until the NFL changes its mind, the exclusive license is here to stay.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:32 AM   #90
Rookie

worldindus's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Review bombing, need to look it up. Many of the people who rate it are folks like who are in this thread, who just don't like EA and/or Madden.

And yes it is the best football videogame to me, as I said several times that is my opinion and although it may not be popular here, I can assure you it is an opinion that many others hold, even if they don't want to speak up and say it, for obvious reasons lol
A salute to ODogg, the true OG, for standing his ground!You are not alone.

I actually think madden 24 is the best football game i have played. Period. And, like ODogg, i do not need to justify my feeling about Madden to anyone. Period.
Old 09-15-2023, 11:37 AM   #91
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Love it or hate it, Metacritic shows it currently has a rating of 65. The user rating is 1.1 and on Steam it has a "mostly negative" review rating.

So to say it is one of the best console football games ever per the OP, is a bit of a stretch and more of a personal opinion, wouldn't you say?

If that's what you're going for, then so be it.

As per usual Madden release, it had bugs, the UI was very slow and clunky and by the time the last title update hits in April, it should be a decent football sim.

It's all subjective and based on personal taste just like movies, music etc. And that's the same for the person who says it's the best ever as well as the one who says it's horrible. For how I enjoy games, I too think that Madden 24 is the best on-field football game ever made. It makes every game before it feel outdated. That's just personal opinion.

I'd also love to see other companies be able to make games as well, because it would mean more options for us...and for me that goes for all sports football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, boxing etc. That's what I grew up on. But, it's just not like that anymore. But, I'm not gonna sit here and give EA props for their sales...the same way I'm not doing it for Take Two and NBA 2k. I have and always will have beef with the microtransactions bull! But, I can separate the two and give em credit when I feel it's due all the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 04:14 AM   #92
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
What does wanting competition and liking madden have to do with each other. You so called adults are blaming the wrong folks. Use your critical thinking skills. You can't make someone not buy a product that they like. Your issue should be with the NFL. Get a grip.

This is why reading comprehension is key. When did I say anything negative or say anything about him or anyone enjoying the game? Read his first post, then read mine. After you do that maybe you’ll understand what I posted. Critical thinking isn’t required when what I posted was in layman’s terms. He’s happy Madden is selling very well and I don’t have any issues with that. It’s the fact that he’s hoping EA continues to have the exclusive license because of this game’s current sales success. Like I said reading comprehension is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2023, 04:19 AM   #93
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
So if I post about enjoying Madden and it being a good game then you think that it helps them to keep the license?

We all want competition, as has been stated many times, but that is a separate issue from any of us actually enjoying Madden.

btw Madden WILL have competition in EA College Football, and as I said above, that will likely help to push the game to be better.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it and that’s not my issue. I want this game to be better and to also have competition. Ea’s college football isn’t competition. A different company making an NFL game is competition. Your first post sounds like you’re excited that this was a supposed make or break year yet the game is selling well. Then you’re glad it’s doing well so EA can continue to have the exclusive license to NFL games and THAT’s my problem. Your first post sounds like you’re doing jumping jacks at the idea. Hope this clears it up. Not once did I mention anything about you enjoying madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Artman22; 09-16-2023 at 04:22 AM.
Old 09-16-2023, 04:40 AM   #94
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Artman, I’ve actually said a couple times times that I don’t like exclusivity and would like us to go back to like the 90s when each fall we had there to five games to choose from

…but if we have to have it, because that’s what the NFL will continue to do, then EA is absolutely the developer I want doing it..

It’s two separate issues
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-16-2023, 11:17 AM   #95
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Yes I have noticed that as well, they get upset at any positive thoughts about madden. I understand that they want changes, we all want the game to continue to improve but I am going to purchase what I like. I would love to see other developers making football games but until the NFL changes its mind, the exclusive license is here to stay.
They? So you're in that elite group that refers to the disgruntled majority as They. Shaming passionate gamers on a platform designed for passionate gamers isn't cool.

I am a proud member of They, just a fanatic football guy that would love to experience what we all anticipated would be better than it is. Apparently the disgruntled voice is silent because year after year we don't get what we should have gotten (and had) years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 01:54 PM   #96
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't buy into some of the guys that love the game but also say there are things that should be better because they get too annoyed and combative at those that like the game but express their frustrations.

It's ok,while people don't have to harp on negativity they don't have to be the almighty defenders of EA either.They've put people through an unreasonable amount of crap through the years.

Yes,I've made the most out of the many subpar years like many others but 19 years is a long time and I remember how they were on the right track with 16 only to go way off and now finally getting back to where it should be other than a few things that they really need to address that have been mentioned enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »