Home

Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

This is a discussion on Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-11-2023, 04:11 PM   #9
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I have zero reason to pump EA up, God knows I've been critical in the past, but for me
24 is the best football videogame I've ever played. I know 2k had better presentation, I know there are still warts present, but I am having a blast and the gameplay is finally dynamic enough that it doesnt have that old stuck in a rut repetetive feel to it. Doesn't hurt I also am on PC and have a bunch of amazing mods too.
Sorry to derail: Was digging into the PC version of the game as I have it on PS5. Is there a community like the CFBR discord that is for modders / content creators? I'm only aware of the OS Madden discord here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...rd-server.html but I'm not sure how active it is.
Old 09-11-2023, 04:30 PM   #10
Rookie

New Jersey Giants's Arena

OVR: 0

Smh, God I can't take EA renewing the NFL license again. IMO Madden has been awful since Madden 16, some of the worst football games in history. They have a monopoly and were forced to play a game that's animation based with no physics
Old 09-11-2023, 04:41 PM   #11
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
Sorry to derail: Was digging into the PC version of the game as I have it on PS5. Is there a community like the CFBR discord that is for modders / content creators? I'm only aware of the OS Madden discord here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...rd-server.html but I'm not sure how active it is.
Here you go

https://discord.gg/maddenmoddingcommunity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2023, 04:55 PM   #12
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I will have to disagree with you on this one. This will be the 2nd year in a row where I'll either not buy Madden or wait until it's 50% off. There are still far too many legacy bugs in the game. Penalty sliders don't work. Auto subs dont' work. Draft classes are bugged. Progressive lighting does not work. West coast game times are coded as east coast, etc. So many stupid small bugs which there is ZERO reason to not have been addressed.
Same boat. Love the onfield gameplay and graphics. Lots of cool contextual animations have really taken the action to the next level.

But off-the field (presentation, sliders, cfm ,etc)? Feels more like Im playing Madden 23.5 and I refuse to pay full price for half an upgrade that doesn't work as it should. Like you, I will either wait until it's 50% off (or more) or wait until it hits gamepass. Depends on how/when/if they address the broken aspects of the game
Old 09-11-2023, 04:57 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

Does anyone else think 22 is really the last good game, just on the field?
Old 09-11-2023, 05:00 PM   #14
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Giants
Smh, God I can't take EA renewing the NFL license again. IMO Madden has been awful since Madden 16, some of the worst football games in history. They have a monopoly and were forced to play a game that's animation based with no physics
The NFL is the problem.

Too many worthless lazy owners, happy to cash EAs checks, without the foresight to see how this product could help them build and grow their industry.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:01 PM   #15
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

If u like it then kudos and continue enjoying fr. I myself like the gameplay somewhat but leaving streaks wide open unless I manually control a player due to madden logic is Killin it for me overall. The rest of madden as far as presentation sliders stats features not working correctly in superstar etc is what it is. The fact that they broke a sales record with this effort lets me know things will never change as fast as I'd like.

For all those that love it tho, keep playing till ur hearts content. I've accepted the L for what I consider good football and a working new release but can't fight the majority

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2023, 06:39 PM   #16

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree and respect most of what you said Odogg but the lack of things like penalties shows a lack of attention to the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »