Home

Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

This is a discussion on Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2023, 09:34 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Kudos to EA: Madden NFL 24 sets new sales records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Since you decided to open this can of worms, lets inject some facts here....

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bi.../1100-6114977/

There is NO way for you to sit there and "claim" the NFL approached EA to go exclusive when EA were already trying to get the license...it was in FACT EA that went to the NFL first..now could the NFL not accepted any sort of deal?

I get the it "takes two to tango garbage", but isn't it funny that as soon as there was some serious competition to Madden, instead of "stepping up to the plate" and you know actually competing against what many believe to be the better game, they "punk out" and secure the license.

This also right here from Peter Moore,he carefully chooses his words here, but

https://www.ign.com/articles/2008/02...-license-again

This is also a bunch of BS, who in reality could afford what EA paid at that time for the license?

EA might not have "demanded" the license, but they sure as heck "lobbied" for it...

Also, lets put it ALL out there, there was only ONE reason why EA also bought the ESPN license, and it sure wasn't as hell wasn't to implement it into Madden...

It's easy to see through your comments that you adore Madden, and while that's fine, don't sit there and say we are "whining" and "complaining" when alot of folks here (including myself) feel that after damn near 20 years feel that we deserve better.

Keep that in mind...it's taken almost 20 years to get to where we are today with M24, is it going to take another 20 years to get any kind of meaningful presentation elements added?? I sure hope not, as I will be dead by then!!
Thanks for your input, we all know where you stand and have for a while. As for all that stuff you typed about the license, the truth is we all know why EA has the exclusive license. It is because 2K priced NFL2K5 at $19.99.

So if you want to be angry at someone about the exclusive license, direct your ire to 2K

P.S. Oh and as for the whining, folks like you couldn't even keep it out of a positive EA thread on here, amongst a sea of EA anger, LOL, speaks volumes about just how whiny a lot of folks here actually are.

It really perturbs you that I enjoy the game doesn't it? Sorry but it is what it is, a LOT of people are enjoying Madden 24

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 09-14-2023 at 09:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2023, 10:22 AM   #66
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

The game is selling slightly better than 23. That’s about it. EA carefully chooses its words every year with these announcements.

They set a franchise record in digital sales. Every game franchise is setting records in digital sales because more and more people are buying digital over physical copies.

Gamer interaction is up 36% compared to 23…over opening weekend for the NFL. Not exactly front page news.

I’m sure Madden will once again be one of the top selling games in the US like it is every year but I don’t believe 24 is really out doing 23, or 22 or 21 they way EA would like us to think

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2023, 10:37 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im sorry to say I contributed to those sales and kind of regret it now.

I have to admit I’m struggling with it more than ever and am considering leaving the game completely for a while. I’m an offline franchise player, so that mode has a ton of issues well discussed here, but I’ve found the gameplay to be less fun than previously (I skipped last year).

I know the Vikings have their struggles, but seeing Jefferson stop running slants that are clear touchdowns or CJ Ham running in completely the wrong direction to block on running plays… If I want to see the Vikings mess up badly I can do that in real life.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:07 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Upgrading the PC version to be on par with current gen systems definitely helped. This was the first Madden I've bought since maybe 2019. Over the last few years, I wasn't even finishing the full 10hr trial. I ended up buying this one less than 3hrs in.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:30 PM   #69
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

No shout outs to EA on the sales tip. Big shout out to EA on gameplay. I'm finally at a place where I can say, any football game that was made prior to Madden 24, exception being NCAA 06', will probably collect dust from here on out.

With FieldSense, the way the AI runs the ball, it's very difficult to impossible to go backwards. Being the Coach/Spectator Mode guy, I don't have to deal with a lot of the issues Users does. As long as they continue to find tune and add to Franchise, I'll continue to buy Day 1.

And with the NCAA game coming next Summer...

Ohhhh baby!!!

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 09-14-2023 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:55 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
No shout outs to EA on the sales tip. Big shout out to EA on gameplay. I'm finally at a place where I can say, any football game that was made prior to Madden 24, exception being NCAA 06', will probably collect dust from here on out.

With FieldSense, the way the AI runs the ball, it's very difficult to impossible to go backwards. Being the Coach/Spectator Mode guy, I don't have to deal with a lot of the issues Users does. As long as they continue to find tune and add to Franchise, I'll continue to buy Day 1.

And with the NCAA game coming next Summer...

Ohhhh baby!!!
This for sure.
Old 09-14-2023, 02:05 PM   #71
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Kramer, I didn't want to quote your entire post, but you must have that article linked

in your back pocket for a thread like this for a article in 2005. lol

This stuck out more to me, because I didn't realize this until I saw this line in your article:

The NFL/EA arrangement encompasses action, simulation, arcade-style, and manager games made for PCs, consoles, and handhelds.

"Arcade style." That will be difficult from this point going forward getting out of my head.

It's right there in black and white. There is no, yeah buts, from this point going forward.
naw, not in my backpocket or even in my bookmarks....lol

Just an easy 3sec Google search is all...since this whole thing was done the common theme was that the NFL sought out exclusivity, and sadly as evident in this thread is still thought to be that way, when in fact it is not the truth.

This also goes hand in hand with the thought that the reason WHY the NFL went with EA was because the NFL felt that ESPN 2k "devalued" their image...which to this day I have not seen one bit of evidence to prove this theory.

As I've mentioned, it has taken almost 20 years to get to this point, I unfortunately don't have 20 more years to wait....to get things added to the game that we had almost 20 yers ago.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2023, 02:17 PM   #72
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Thanks for your input, we all know where you stand and have for a while. As for all that stuff you typed about the license, the truth is we all know why EA has the exclusive license. It is because 2K priced NFL2K5 at $19.99.

So if you want to be angry at someone about the exclusive license, direct your ire to 2K

P.S. Oh and as for the whining, folks like you couldn't even keep it out of a positive EA thread on here, amongst a sea of EA anger, LOL, speaks volumes about just how whiny a lot of folks here actually are.

It really perturbs you that I enjoy the game doesn't it? Sorry but it is what it is, a LOT of people are enjoying Madden 24
LMAO exactly the response I was expecting from you.We also know where you stand as well and have for sometime now...you act like you're impartial when in reality based on your posts you're not!

As far as why the NFL went with EA? Again you have no evidence of this being the truth it's nothing but pure speculation.

I don't care who enjoys the game, hell I enjoy the game as well, it's just not the "cats meow" that you are making it out to be.

I commented on your "positivity" thread, after all this IS a discussion forum is it not? Which you had no problem reminding me off a short time ago...

Look, fact is I just want an all around game that is an NFL simulation experience, I mean after all isn't that what EA markets this game as? So far this is simply not the case.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 09-14-2023 at 02:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »