Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-14-2024, 04:21 PM   #321
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

I give up. The Baltimore Ravens, Yeah THE BALTIMORE RAVENS RAN THE BALL 5 TIMES AND PASSED THE BALL 25 TIMES IN THE 1ST HALF AND IT WASN'T EVEN THE 2 MINUTE WARNING YET. I'm so sick and tired of madden being too lazy when this game could be a really good game if they add the stuff the fans want. So I'm just going to play one of the old madden that has a good balance run/pass ratio and stick with that madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2024, 07:03 PM   #322
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuddyyy
I give up. The Baltimore Ravens, Yeah THE BALTIMORE RAVENS RAN THE BALL 5 TIMES AND PASSED THE BALL 25 TIMES IN THE 1ST HALF AND IT WASN'T EVEN THE 2 MINUTE WARNING YET. I'm so sick and tired of madden being too lazy when this game could be a really good game if they add the stuff the fans want. So I'm just going to play one of the old madden that has a good balance run/pass ratio and stick with that madden.
When I want realism, I play Front Office Football 9.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:40 PM   #323
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
When I want realism, I play Front Office Football 9.
They run on arcade mode… weird this company is.
Old 02-14-2024, 10:55 PM   #324
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've been out of the loop awhile with things called life, so, I haven't read through the entire thread.

Out of the loop also includes having any time with Madden.

I did decide to play a game mid week before the SB in Play Now All Madden

with adjusted sliders.

Yay, 1 penalty called, roughing the passer, so, nothing changed in the penalty area and don't get me started.

I didn't look at the end of the game stats with Vikes vs Packers, but I didn't think the run/pass ratio was that bad.

I know the Vikes ran the ball a lot and they were behind most of the game.

The game has been programed, that even if the CPU is down by 1 pt or maybe even tied, the CPU will throw more than they run.

I'll play another game with the same teams as soon as I have some time, but I didn't feel it was that bad, considering the Pack was ahead for most of the game.

Edit- In before someone says that is a small sample size. lol I know.
I've played at least 100 games (probably turned off another 40 in anger). Slow simmed probably another 100. Pretty large sample size and I can tell you it's a problem I have found no solution for. Unless you count the actual stats it always "feels" like the CPU is running enough but they never do. Good games are 55-65% and bad are 65-85%. In all those games I cannot recall a single game where the CPU ran more than passed. Over a span of many games the splits will be terrible and you will likely finish #32 in pass defense every year.

Madden 24 has so much potential but this single issue caused me to put down the game out of frustration. Best of luck and hopefully you have better ratios than the rest of us.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:07 AM   #325
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I've played at least 100 games (probably turned off another 40 in anger). Slow simmed probably another 100. Pretty large sample size and I can tell you it's a problem I have found no solution for. Unless you count the actual stats it always "feels" like the CPU is running enough but they never do. Good games are 55-65% and bad are 65-85%. In all those games I cannot recall a single game where the CPU ran more than passed. Over a span of many games the splits will be terrible and you will likely finish #32 in pass defense every year.

Madden 24 has so much potential but this single issue caused me to put down the game out of frustration. Best of luck and hopefully you have better ratios than the rest of us.
Thanks for your update.

I just played another game in Play Now last evening, same teams, different results and 3 penalties. Vikes won 20 to 10.

Based on your stats above, my game played out in a good way. The Vikes had 19 runs compared to 30 passes. That is 63.3 percent pass to run ratio. That is exactly the percentage the Vikes were at this year. Probably flukely in nature.

Maybe it's different in play now, maybe when I start a new franchise, things will regress towards a higher pass to run ratio.

I know even a decade ago or more I would always finish last in pass D. So, that tells me the algorithms and programming have not changed much at all.

Playing user vs cpu. Perhaps there are differences with cpu vs cpu and user vs cpu? I see a lot of cpu vs cpu in the thread.

Last edited by roadman; 02-15-2024 at 10:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2024, 10:29 AM   #326
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I know that this issue is really due to the way the playbooks and plays are rated as the PC guys have been able to clean up this issue by re-rating the plays and whatever else they've done under the hood to fix it but I was just wondering something.

1. Does the CPU use the Gameplanning feature and with that feature do they call more plays from that gameplan section of the playback ? Or is it just a convenient way for the user to have those plays easier to find ?

2. If the CPU does use Gameplanning and as the season progresses do they gameplan to your weaknesses ? So if you are rated first in run defense and last in pass defense they use pass gameplanning and pass a ton more. Then they call more plays from their "gameplan" which leads to the passing getting worse as the season goes on ? But the reason you see some teams still randomly run is because they are ranked higher in rushing offesnively so it at least balances out a little ?

I am just curious. My experience has really been that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it but maybe if I pay closer attention to the rankings in my 32 team franchise I wonder if it does. Either way it won't fix the problem but I am just curious about it.

I've said this before when the splits are better and the offensive playcalling makes sense I think on the field this is a really fun game to play. This really sucks so much of the fun out.

I still get the itch to play because when it's on I really enjoy it. I am thinking of just using play the moments to see if it scratches it at least a bit. I have yet to even get through one full season of franchise because it drives me mad.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:35 PM   #327
Rookie

I'm doing a ravens vs bengals cpu vs cpu game and the bengals passes 18 times and ran the ball 1 time. I don't know what to do anymore man. Madden 24
Old 02-17-2024, 02:58 AM   #328
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I've had mostly very good results lately.I'm not sure what I'm doing different than most other than I sim kickoffs at the beginning and after halftime which bypasses choosing a gameplan.

I only had one game out of around the last 8-10 where the cpu threw around 70% and that was because the last 12 were pass attempts because I was up by 17 in the 4th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »