Home

Cold Weather

This is a discussion on Cold Weather within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-13-2024, 09:30 PM   #1
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Cold Weather

The outdoor playoffs games have made it a point to show that we need temperature change back in Madden. Were the last games to feature temperature weather change the ps2/xbox games?

I remember being able to make it freezing cold without snow, but they removed that feature when they transitioned to the 360/PS3.

Hopefully these games reinforce the need for good weather simulation. The Buffalo game tomorrow night is a great indicator that we need snow games to make a huge difference in the game beyond just foot prints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2024, 09:52 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Cold Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
The outdoor playoffs games have made it a point to show that we need temperature change back in Madden. Were the last games to feature temperature weather change the ps2/xbox games?

I remember being able to make it freezing cold without snow, but they removed that feature when they transitioned to the 360/PS3.

Hopefully these games reinforce the need for good weather simulation. The Buffalo game tomorrow night is a great indicator that we need snow games to make a huge difference in the game beyond just foot prints.
Franchise has cold weather without snow. There's also heavy snow in the playoff blizzard scenario but cannot be selected in the game by the user. Hopefully they overhaul weather games for 25. The snow effects in particular are atrocious as well as more dynamic weather.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2024, 07:14 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Let's not fall into the "I want refs on the field" trap. After years of complaints, you all got refs but it did nothing other than window dressing-- now if the refs on the field came with penalties, it would be a different story.

So I really don't care about a graphic on the screen that says it's -5 degrees if weather has no impact on the game.
Old 01-15-2024, 08:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

I think weather should matter and it clearly doesn't. Weather has never really been implemented correctly. You could have wind that would send punts sideways yet have no impact on the passing game. Put it on the list of things that need correcting.
Old 01-17-2024, 01:27 PM   #5
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8

I rarely see cold weather, however, I do see it more than I see snow. I have only seen 1 snow game so far. A couple rain games also. Gameplay doesn't seem to be affected by weather even when there is snow or rain.

That would be nice also to not only have snow and rain but also have it affect the actual gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2024, 01:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I think weather should matter and it clearly doesn't. Weather has never really been implemented correctly. You could have wind that would send punts sideways yet have no impact on the passing game. Put it on the list of things that need correcting.
It does impact the passing game, it's just so little that you won't really notice it all that much. I played around with a lot of different values when modding the game to see how much I could get the wind to impact the passing game. The results were I could get the wind to basically throw the ball all the way across the field if I really wanted to. The sad thing was that the CPU seemed to not account for the wind one bit, so they'd continue to try and pass down field, they wouldn't alter their throw placement to account for the wind, etc.

It was the same thing with making the rain impact the footing on the field. The CPU did not alter how they played one bit even if I made it a guarantee that players would slip basically every play.

Madden has too simple of logic in too many areas of the game which is why the CPU can be so disappointing more often than not.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »