Home

Getting created playbooks in franchise mode

This is a discussion on Getting created playbooks in franchise mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-25-2024, 11:07 AM   #1
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
Getting created playbooks in franchise mode

OK, so I haven't played Madden since Madden 2009. I've only played NCAA '14 on the PS3 since that game released. I skipped the PS4 generation and just got a PS5 and Madden '24 game for Christmas. So, I have much to learn about the current game and the differences in the PS5 from the PS3.

I'm slowly getting a grasp on some things. I finally figured out how to do a created playbook, but don't see a way to use it in my franchise. I already started my franchise before realizing I hate having all those choices of plays that aren't working for me right now. I want to narrow my book down to plays I feel like I have a chance of executing.

So, I created a playbook yesterday, taking Dan Campbell's Lions book and making edits. I didn't have time to play a game, so I just went to the beginning menu to begin a game to see if I could load the new playbook. From what I saw, I couldn't. Do you need to have the playbook already created before starting a new franchise? The whole playbook thing in Madden '24 is unlike anything in NCAA '14 (not in a good way). You can pick schemes (I use West Coast), but it doesn't translate to having a new playbook that is West Coast based, at least from what I can tell. You always had that in NCAA '14. You could also easily find your created playbook in NCAA '14.

Help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2024, 11:44 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Getting created playbooks in franchise mode

You cannot use custom playbooks in franchise the way you think you might be able to. You cannot add the playbook in your scheme under manage staff menu. You have to use the PB you created in the advanced settings option just before you enter the game you are wanting to play. Once you use the custom book for a game it "should" automatically default to that PB for future games.

This is another thing franchise fans have been asking for basically since they introduced the current franchise setup. It's frustrating because it seems like such an easy fix especially when you consider how bad the A.I. playcalling is this year. With 2 controllers you can give the CPU a custom playbook. But don't do that because the game will crash. Welcome back to Madden!!! Ain't sh.. changed
Old 01-25-2024, 03:41 PM   #3
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Getting created playbooks in franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
You cannot use custom playbooks in franchise the way you think you might be able to. You cannot add the playbook in your scheme under manage staff menu. You have to use the PB you created in the advanced settings option just before you enter the game you are wanting to play. Once you use the custom book for a game it "should" automatically default to that PB for future games.

This is another thing franchise fans have been asking for basically since they introduced the current franchise setup. It's frustrating because it seems like such an easy fix especially when you consider how bad the A.I. playcalling is this year. With 2 controllers you can give the CPU a custom playbook. But don't do that because the game will crash. Welcome back to Madden!!! Ain't sh.. changed
Thanks! I'll try that the next time I play.

Once the new college football game drops, I hope to be addicted to it and put Madden aside. I'm a Lions fan and they're actually good this year, so it's fun playing with a team I like. Some of the mechanics of playing the game itself have been frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »