Home

Official Uniform error list

This is a discussion on Official Uniform error list within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2015, 10:38 PM   #1433
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official Uniform error list

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
If these are the official Browns uniform combos for 2015, I hope Madden has them set correctly...Looks like Madden has the Browns wearing all white for their away uni, but here it is showing orange pants for away...
The Browns' official uniform combos have not been announced.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:03 PM   #1434
Rookie

shaun007miller's Arena

OVR: 2

I wasn't going to start a thread just to state this, but I've got to vent. After seeing the customization that will be in NBA 2K16 and WWE 2K16, I'm devastated at how behind Madden is as a series. However, my only hope is that after the sales of 2K's NBA and WWE do so well, it will force Madden to catch up. I mean think about it, how long has it been since equipment has been updated? All this talk about uniforms could go away forever if EA followed 2K's lead in allowing complete customization by the consumer. I'm just hoping Madden takes at least a few steps towards the future of sports gaming and not intentionally stay behind, because they know they can.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #1435
Just started!

OVR: 0

I would hardly say they fixed the kerning. Why would you not fix every team? Not to mention that "fix" update screwed up the Patriots number size. Kerning is still slightly off in 2016. The Vikings are the worst, due to their two font system, but look at the Dolphins picture that features the patch. The 9 and 1 are too far apart. Seems like a small issue, but this is 2016 and they don't rebuild Madden from the ground up each year. What makes sports games great is that they can show off impressive character models because they don't have to make massive worlds or story lines. Why do they not layer these jerseys, so that they can make adjustments. Why can't they follow basic color matching techniques? Look at what NBA live did when they realized that they were not competing against 2k. Hell, go back to All Pro Football and just look at the Matte Finish option on helmets. The Madden Vikings still don't have that down almost a decade later. What about all of the glossy Jerseys!?! This isn't the 90's. Nike Jerseys are flat across the board. Madden cuts corners and repackages old tricks. Madden put out a better effort when they felt the heat of other companies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 11:52 AM   #1436
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

In the current Gamestop Monday video release, the Tampa Bay Bucs still have too much red in their jerseys...I own a Bucs Jersey and it has an orange hue to it..

THe Pewter color does look much better, more accurate, than in M15..Which is a plus..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 08-04-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #1437
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
In the current Gamestop Monday video release, the Tampa Bay Bucs still have too much red in their jerseys...I own a Bucs Jersey and it has an orange hue to it..

Yeah but at least they fixed the red in the jerseys, last year people were upset that it looked pink
Old 08-10-2015, 12:36 AM   #1438
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Hey hey hey! They said they'd fix UNIFORMS on M16... they'll probably focus on helmets by M18

I just wish they could explain why is it so hard to get this stuff right... Like, this is their job!

Sometimes it feels like they find out about these flaws here on the forums, as if they don't have access to real uniform templates or screenshots or anything.

The way lighting is applied to helmets is completely different from the uniforms.

Does that explain to you now how difficult of a challenge this can be?

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 08-10-2015, 12:39 AM   #1439

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Colts helmet numbers are the wrong font.

The system is setup to use whatever font that is used on the jersey, there's nothing I could do.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:43 AM   #1440

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDIV
I would hardly say they fixed the kerning. Why would you not fix every team? Not to mention that "fix" update screwed up the Patriots number size. Kerning is still slightly off in 2016. The Vikings are the worst, due to their two font system, but look at the Dolphins picture that features the patch. The 9 and 1 are too far apart. Seems like a small issue, but this is 2016 and they don't rebuild Madden from the ground up each year. What makes sports games great is that they can show off impressive character models because they don't have to make massive worlds or story lines. Why do they not layer these jerseys, so that they can make adjustments. Why can't they follow basic color matching techniques? Look at what NBA live did when they realized that they were not competing against 2k. Hell, go back to All Pro Football and just look at the Matte Finish option on helmets. The Madden Vikings still don't have that down almost a decade later. What about all of the glossy Jerseys!?! This isn't the 90's. Nike Jerseys are flat across the board. Madden cuts corners and repackages old tricks. Madden put out a better effort when they felt the heat of other companies.

I fixed it on every team and got them as close as I could without the numbers disappearing. I did the best with what was given to me. The Dolphins numbers need to be redone period, that may be able to make it better but only time will tell.

I'm not perfectly happy with every teams kerning but I got every team as close as I could.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »