Home

Official Uniform error list

This is a discussion on Official Uniform error list within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2015, 12:47 AM   #1441
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Official Uniform error list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Kane you have GOT to fix the Rams helmet. I'm sorry but you are wrong. Those are NOT two different shades of gold. It's that the helmet is more metallic, and it cases it to look slightly different. You're not seeing a greener gold, you're seeing better reflection of light, including the green field. The key is angle, because it's metallic. At the right angle, the two golds are an exact match. (I wonder.. is this why the 49ers helmets were so brown last year?)

screenshot software

Same color, just different reflectivity. Both are New Century Gold, but one has a more metallic quality. Even wikipedia, scribe.com, and numerous hex code sites and team color codes.com agree: there are only two colors in the Rams uniform, New Century Gold and Millennium Blue (aside from neutrals like white, of course).

Please take care of this. As a 49er fan I'll be seeing the Rams twice a season. :/

I'll just go magically change how light is applied to our helmets, maybe that will work.

Why don't you take a look at all of the improvements that were made and then come back with these teeny tiny issues you keep finding, because they weren't brought up last year.

If all we have are super small issues that means I did my job this year and can attempt to clean up the minor stuff for 17.

And yes I know throwbacks still need work.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 01:44 AM   #1442
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I'll just go magically change how light is applied to our helmets, maybe that will work.

Why don't you take a look at all of the improvements that were made and then come back with these teeny tiny issues you keep finding, because they weren't brought up last year.

If all we have are super small issues that means I did my job this year and can attempt to clean up the minor stuff for 17.

And yes I know throwbacks still need work.
Kane thanks for all the work you put in for 16. We all know you've had alot of uniform errors to fix. Glad you got to knock alot out for this year. The rams helmet look waaay better than they did in 15 and 25.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:50 AM   #1443
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

People need to understand that someone working for a company can be tied up with what the employers decide is more important...Don't blame the middle man for some errors...
Old 08-10-2015, 01:57 AM   #1444
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
People need to understand that someone working for a company can be tied up with what the employers decide is more important...Don't blame the middle man for some errors...
I agree, priories tend to change pretty quickly in the workplace but it should be handled professionally.

Last edited by Zion21; 08-12-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:09 AM   #1445
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion21
I agree, priories tend to change pretty quickly in the workplace but it should be handled professionally.
Very true..Kane has been very much a supporter of us people who want to have a better Madden...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 08:37 AM   #1446
Pro

OVR: 4

Thanks for the explanation, Kane.

I hope (I think I can speak for many of the guys in the forums in this one) you don't take the critiques as a personal attack because that's not the intention at all. I reckon when we add a sarcastic touch the comments it might become a bit more personal thus making you feel like we're attacking your work. Apologize for that

With that said, it's also important to not be dismissive when flaws are pointed out; people comment to you because you're the only EA member frequenting the forum, so the comments are really addressed at EA as a whole rather than at your work quality.

There is no reason why the customer should know that the same light is not applied to helmets and unis, at the same time, that explanation should not stop anyone from pointing those things out as flaws. If the uniforms/helmets are wrong to some degree, then they are.

But people appreciate all the improvements, and most agree they far outweigh the remaining flaws.
Just make sure you convince higher ups to add new equipment next year and we're good
Old 08-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #1447
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27

I hope (I think I can speak for many of the guys in the forums in this one) you don't take the critiques as a personal attack because that's not the intention at all. I reckon when we add a sarcastic touch the comments it might become a bit more personal thus making you feel like we're attacking your work. Apologize for that

With that said, it's also important to not be dismissive when flaws are pointed out; people comment to you because you're the only EA member frequenting the forum, so the comments are really addressed at EA as a whole rather than at your work quality.

There is no reason why the customer should know that the same light is not applied to helmets and unis, at the same time, that explanation should not stop anyone from pointing those things out as flaws. If the uniforms/helmets are wrong to some degree, then they are.

But people appreciate all the improvements, and most agree they far outweigh the remaining flaws.
Just make sure you convince higher ups to add new equipment next year and we're good
Very well said.

I'm going to throw a quote from a mod from another thread. I think most of the comments in the thread are meant to be well intended, but because it's not face to face, could be taken another way.

(Poster) I am a big fan of constructive criticism but I am not sure it really qualifies if it's not being shared constructively with people associated with the making of Madden.

I don't know if this is a touchy subject but what happened to the EA association with this board? I wasn't super active back then and I take prolonged breaks so I missed why the general EA employees presence on here went away....I can make guesses but that'd be generalizing.

(Mod) Nah, your guesses are correct.

Users basically eliminated them from interacting with us here. They actually still view on a somewhat regular basis but the interaction we saw with Ian is pretty much gone.

It is something that concerns the OS admins and something we are trying to get back to but the masses have been hard to control and subdue at times and as is human nature, hearing criticism, even when done constructively, isn't always easy to hear.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:35 AM   #1448
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27

Trust me I keep a running tab of everything wrong with uniforms per uniform piece and if I feel it's a valid concern and something we can change I will mark it down so that we can get it fixed.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »