Home

VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg!

This is a discussion on VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg!

The true-step news was my biggest fear as soon as they announced it for current gen.

Why cant they just make a game where everyone on the field is following a normal movement pattern? This game will never play like a solid sports game until everyone on the field moves realistically.

Is there anything more important to a videogame then movement?

Very, very, very, very, disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: VSN Arcade Podcast scheduled to interview EA's Rex Dickson and Clint Oldenberg!

Very promising interview. Good luck to this Dev team, I really like what you are doing. I find it promising that the tools are now in place to really get it done. If you guys (Dev team)are reading this ive only really enjoyed 2 versions of madden this entire gen and M25 is one. I look forward to seeing how you guys can continue to improve this troubled franchise in this new generation of consoles.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #67
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Sorry it came across that way, I just wanted people to know exactly what was said. True Step is for more than just the ball carrier so I wanted to make sure people at least didn't get that misunderstood
Old 10-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #68
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5

Ok madden devs so making a realistic football game means only one person at a time can use true-step and follow realistic running patterns, while everyone else on the field defies it by skating, warping, Tron jogging, shuffling, etc ?? Wow thats half-stepping. I hear the talk and it sounds great but we've heard this before it's ortiz's and the last dev teams fault and they leave. Then it's Ian and his dev's teams fault then they leave, soon it will be Rex's fault. Sense a pattern here folks. Seems like lack of talent, lets get the cheapest guys to work on the game. The excuse of the first year and the graphics please. net gen games are out there and looking great. madden is a port so nothing ground breaking was done and it doesn't fly because the e3 trailer cam was talking about how people were blown away when they panned away from rg3 and people couldn't believe it was in game well I guess they should have stuck with their gut feeling cause it's not in game. Still doing pan outs of rg3 cam?? I doubt it you guys cant even stand behind videos released by espn which you provided wow it's not like it's a little release to YouTube it's espn COME ON MAN
Old 10-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 15

Far more? It is the ball carrier and any user controlled player.

So 20 of the 22 players on the field are moving unrealistically.

This is why Madden feels so hectic and there is never any feeling of a true open field. The AI controlled players are skating, warping and moving completely unrealistically.

This makes the game feel like a bunch of ants warping to the ball no matter where they are on the field, or how out of position they are...
Old 10-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #70
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Sorry it came across that way, I just wanted people to know exactly what was said. True Step is for more than just the ball carrier so I wanted to make sure people at least didn't get that misunderstood
That part is easily misunderstood the way he said it. I'm still not sure exactly what he meant. I guess he means all players on the field, but why didn't he just say that? lol. It was confusing to me.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #71
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
That part is easily misunderstood the way he said it. I'm still not sure exactly what he meant. I guess he means all players on the field, but why didn't he just say that? lol. It was confusing to me.
"So what you'll see in the game shipping in a few weeks is True Step for all ball carriers including cpu as well as any user controlled player in the game on both sides of the ball"

Just like I said, any player the human player controls, I.e. ball carrier or defender, and the CPU
ball carrier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #72
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
"So what you'll see in the game shipping in a few weeks is True Step for all ball carriers including cpu as well as any user controlled player in the game on both sides of the ball"

Just like I said, any player the human player controls, I.e. ball carrier or defender, and the CPU
ball carrier
So why is it a main feature if it's only ball carriers and human controlled defenders?... Seems like false advertising to me. Look at everything NBA 2k14 got in their launch title why couldn't Madden get a full version of a new "feature"? This is why people don't take EA seriously with what they say.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »