Home

Will People Adjust to the Pocket in Next-Gen Madden?

This is a discussion on Will People Adjust to the Pocket in Next-Gen Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2013, 03:37 AM   #65
Rookie

kdenson1283's Arena

OVR: 0
This is going to be an interesting experience. Madden 25, will be at it's best with this feature due to the fact that rolling out of the pocket with a DE on your trail will limit the pass on the run and those uncalled for INT's. No reason why, a QB should throw 5 picks in a game, and then still have 5 TDs in one game. Not Simulation football. 2 weeks until we get to find out. 1 week for you Playstation gurus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Will People Adjust to the Pocket in Next-Gen Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
Interesting comments...This is why Ive played Madden on Very Fast Game speed & Speed Threshold at 0
Since Madden 11. Forces you to Snap/Read/Throw.
And pressures coming at the snap of the football.
The new innovations are gonna make the game even better to me on my settings.
I don't play on fast but I love the lower speed threshold settings. It makes blitzes with DBs much more effective. If you don't pick up that blitzing corner he's gonna be on your arse.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
The bottom line is EA needs to take a page from NBA 2K and implement different modes, casual, default and simulation. This is the only way to appease everyone! They could also throw in different lobbies for online play. This has been said on OS repeatedly!
Yes, and on top of that sliders and on/off options would handle any concerns about tourney players. Bad snaps - off. Holding - off, anything random let them dudes turn it off or set it to zero themselves.

Now to me bad snaps itself is not a big deal. But I would like to see high and low snaps where the qb has to reach. I'd also like to see roll out animations and more pocket manuevers mapped to the right stick along with the existing evade maneuvers.

Last edited by TeeDogg; 11-08-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 25

The problem why madden sticks to the arcade style of play is simple.... The developers are arcade/tourney style players....

The NFL needs to void their contract and pick a developer that wants to make the best football game.... Not the best video game based loosely around football.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #69
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

If they would have included Tiered PlayCalling I would have believed that it was a lot more then just some window dressing.

It could still be an admirable effort though, but I would like to see it put through the test....

It probably still lacks the depth of animations and qb pursuit logic we want.....but at the very least I hope that they have it setup so that it adheres to the ratings....so that punters(Players with low ratings) are getting destroyed

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 11-08-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #70
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
I can assure all of you the new pocket collapse system has a direct and immediate impact on gameplay.

Here are a just a few of the ways it changes the game:

1) It is now critical to read blitzes pre-snap, as slide protection is now a big component of protecting yourself against the blitz.

2) With 5 man protection, you can only block 5 defenders. If they send 6, one will get through. This makes hot routing TE's and RB's in to block another key strategy in running an effective offense.

3) Understanding the concept of a 'hot read' receiver with a short curl, hitch or smoke screen route is often necessary against the blitz.

4) Less time in pocket means less time to go deep. Expect to adapt and hit your check down routes like shallow drags and RB's leaking out into the flat.

There are also huge upgrades in pass defense, making it more important than ever to make good reads.

Rookie and Pro are still pretty safe for the casual, but for everybody else the hope is that they change their play style and employ real football strategies to adapt to the change in direction.
Wow Rex actually responded on the forums. If THAT doesn't tell you he cares about what we think, then besides not seeing it in the game itself, I don't know how anyone could feel like the devs don't care what we say.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
I can assure all of you the new pocket collapse system has a direct and immediate impact on gameplay.

1) It is now critical to read blitzes pre-snap, as slide protection is now a big component of protecting yourself against the blitz.

2) With 5 man protection, you can only block 5 defenders. If they send 6, one will get through. This makes hot routing TE's and RB's in to block another key strategy in running an effective offense.

3) Understanding the concept of a 'hot read' receiver with a short curl, hitch or smoke screen route is often necessary against the blitz.

4) Less time in pocket means less time to go deep. Expect to adapt and hit your check down routes like shallow drags and RB's leaking out into the flat.

There are also huge upgrades in pass defense, making it more important than ever to make good reads.

Rookie and Pro are still pretty safe for the casual, but for everybody else the hope is that they change their play style and employ real football strategies to adapt to the change in direction.

can't wait to show a strong side blitz only to be sending heat from the weak side.

It will be nice to see some A gap blitz that isn't some nano cheese where the DT comes unblocked because someone is in spy.

Question: What happens if I only rush 5 they have a slide protect strong side but I send a weak side blitz and vice versa, does my guy have a chance to get through un blocked? Or will the Oline always pick up 5 man rushes?

2) Do you have any plans for impliment a delayed blitz option route. Simular to the HB block and release? I would like to see LBs be able to fake coverage at times and then blitz to confuse the QB.

Last edited by dghustla; 11-08-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:

Rex,

thanks for coming by the forums! This all sounds great. Will d-lineman put their hands up if a QB is throwing a low pass over their heads? Will they knock the ball down?

Thanks!

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »