Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden 25 Next-Gen Presentation

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden 25 Next-Gen Presentation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2013, 02:59 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden 25 Next-Gen Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Rich: Does the atmosphere for a preseason game differ from opening day on the regular season, vs a big regular season game, where playoff spot is on the line, vs a game where both teams are eliminated and out of it, vs a Playoff game? How does that come into play, what type of game it is as opposed to just in the specific game situation.

Patrick: The intensity of the moment is portrayed through the commentary and through the audio mix. Visually speaking and reactively speaking, the context of the moment is what's driving that. So score, time factor, down and distance, those are things that effect the game and that's very consistent. The scale, the volume, the intensity, the dialogue, that makes one moment bigger than another is happening through the commentary system and the audio mix.
This annoys me with most interviews I read with Madden developers. They get asked a question where the answer is clearly "no", but instead they rattle off some dribble that they hope will satisfy the interviewer.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #18
Rookie

frankwyte81's Arena

OVR: 3
I must say, Patrick Bellanca has a passion for what he does. I've been turned off by Madden over the years. To see other games doing things that I felt EA Sports should've been doing in their game, was kind of disappointing. But I will give Madden 25 next gen a chance year to win me over on the new consoles. That's more than I was going to give them a chance before listening to Patrick.

At least he admits Madden had and in some areas still have flaws, but they are setting ground work for future iterations. That still remains to be seen, but I will try the game out. Good overall interview, IMO.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 30
@jpdavis82 - Thanks for the transcript. A good read on my train ride this morn. I have a hard time staying focused when listening to podcasts. Lol.

That said, I'm excited for Madden next Fri. Was a lil disappointed about no addressing of crowd head tracking so I'm assuming there is none. The early vids already demonstrate that but I didn't know if it would be added along the way. Also a lil disappointed they couldn't get more realistic TD celebrations this go round. Either way, something to look forward to for 15.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #20
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

He's comparing everything to a mediocre gen 3 Madden. How bout they try to get on the level or surpass other sim sports titles that are considered great.
And I sick of the unique technical challenge excuse when other football games have already achieved it years ago.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 11-08-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25

Meh.... Still have zero interest at this point. Still feel madden 06 for the 360 all over again

Fully expect old and new legacy issues, roster glitches, edited bugs, draft day stupidity, maybe an inability to control all 32 teams( don't think that's been confirmed or player editing in season), filched schemes and playbooks, busted DB coverage, lackluster WR/DB interactions, weak/glitchy animations, goofy physics....

So I'm waiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 2

If the half-tackles arent recorded, if they still have the lame cutscene with the backup quarterback on the kickoff team, if the play of the game is still some six yard run that occured in the fourth quarter, i'm not buying it.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
This annoys me with most interviews I read with Madden developers. They get asked a question where the answer is clearly "no", but instead they rattle off some dribble that they hope will satisfy the interviewer.
Yeah that answer was cringe worthy...Like politician. Love that about the show, the crowd is dynamic, and you can feel the intensity of the playoffs and situations more then other moments. Madden has the worst crowds, atmosphere in sports gaming by a large madden.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Meh.... Still have zero interest at this point. Still feel madden 06 for the 360 all over again

Fully expect old and new legacy issues, roster glitches, edited bugs, draft day stupidity, maybe an inability to control all 32 teams( don't think that's been confirmed or player editing in season), filched schemes and playbooks, busted DB coverage, lackluster WR/DB interactions, weak/glitchy animations, goofy physics....

So I'm waiting.
player editing in cfm was confirmed, but not for online cfm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »