Home

Thread on Reddit with someone who has game on ps4

This is a discussion on Thread on Reddit with someone who has game on ps4 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #113
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Thread on Reddit with someone who has game on ps4

I didnt see the video, but when you guys say it looks "exactly the same as current gen" do you mean the movement of the players and the presentation, or is the graphics included in that statement too??
Old 11-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #114
Banned

Ovie832's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yeah I get that but like I mentioned in another thread, it comes down to optimism versus benefit of the doubt. I choose to be optimistic about most things, even Madden but no way I give the game or EA Tiburon the benefit of the doubt anymore. I don't care what anyone tells me or claims about Madden changing, I won't believe it until I see it, though I will be optimistic that it somehow pans out.

The broadcast capability of the new consoles can really bring all that's been hid in the dark, into the light and I'm excited about what that could potentially mean for driving subpar games out of the market. Up until now direct comparison of games has mainly been a Youtube type movement but I believe with the new console broadcast sharing possible through more casual social media, like Facebook, Twitter, etc, even an exclusive license can't limit competition.
Yeah I absolutely agree with you. There are some people who seem to give EA a pass. Or can live with their excuses. I can't do that.. Seems like you can't either. I don't think things will change at EA ever. It will take another company to do that. But like you said.. this share feature of next gen could be a game changer. I just want the NFL to be aware of how their product looks compared to the NBA's or the MLB's product. (Same with the NHL.. EA NHL series suffers from an arcade direction as well). I'm hoping this generation of consoles will start a change
Old 11-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 28

I just laughed and shook my head. I will no longer be purchasing this game (even though I was getting it for free). I've come to the realization that we will never have a quality representation of the NFL in video games. 2k had a far superior product even on 2 console iterations prior. It's really a shame, to see what football would be like now had they been able to continue.

I just hope the developers who work on this game realize that the jig is up. You've lost any credibility you may have had left with this product. It's awful and you guys get to live in the shadow of 2k. In fact, it's gotten so bad now, that even a basketball game is moving in on the Madden market. What an embarrassment.

Just like it's said in the real NFL - you can't coach talent, and talent wins. Same thing goes for software development.

Madden is now an afterthought to most gamers, even the most passionate like a lot of us about NFL football. I will continue to keep APF 2k8 as a reminder that realistic football is possible with the right development team rather than the horrendous crap we've been dealt the last 9 years.

What a waste...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #116
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I do not share your optimism...at all. Not after this. I don't even watch basketball, nor have played it since Junior High, nor have any interest in it...but after seeing what 2K was able to do with basketball on next gen, I WANT to learn more about the sport. I grew up on football, love it with a passion....but when I look at what EA has done with football, with a new slate to start a new on, I am left wishing I was more of a basketball fan, more of a baseball fan, and more of a soccer fan...because football gaming has been dead to me for past 9 years, and I don't see it getting ANY better until the NFL lets other companies make games for them.
I haven't played basketball ever. Its the only sport I just can't play...and I believe I'm a pretty good athlete. I just flat out do not like the sport.

Yet I've bought 3 of the past 4 versions of NBA 2K because of how damn cool it looks. Trying to find a way to like this sport, I never really can, but the game is so cool I want to try.

Madden doesn't do this for anyone. Makes actual football fans turn away in digust. Polar opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I didnt see the video, but when you guys say it looks "exactly the same as current gen" do you mean the movement of the players and the presentation, or is the graphics included in that statement too??
Hard to tell the difference between the two based on what we saw.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #117
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I do not share your optimism...at all. Not after this. I don't even watch basketball, nor have played it since Junior High, nor have any interest in it...but after seeing what 2K was able to do with basketball on next gen, I WANT to learn more about the sport. I grew up on football, love it with a passion....but when I look at what EA has done with football, with a new slate to start a new on, I am left wishing I was more of a basketball fan, more of a baseball fan, and more of a soccer fan...because football gaming has been dead to me for past 9 years, and I don't see it getting ANY better until the NFL lets other companies make games for them.
Honestly, most sports games do not do a good job simulating the actual sport. There are very unrealistic elements to most sports games. I've played basketball for years and some of the things you can do in basketball video games are very unrealistic, the way most people play D and the percentage of 3pt shooting is extremely unrealistic. When you play defense you don't run at people as fast as you can and you don't run around in a circle trying to steal the ball on an inbounds pass. The games may look like what you see on TV, but a lot of times they are FAR from realistic. Madden and NBA 2k both fall under this category. I haven't played a ton of FIFA or NHL, but they seem to be more based on realistic simulation and fundamentals of their respective sport, than Madden and NBA 2k are.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #118
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Not trying to sell anything, that's honestly how I feel. I most likely won't be getting a new console until around this time next year, so I definitely have no bias towards Madden 25 next gen. I want people to play it for themselves and form their own opinions good or bad. My opinion for the future is that it will be impressive, that doesn't mean I'm trying to "sell" it. My opinion is more positive than some, I get that, but that's not "selling" anything. I want Madden to do well because I like the NFL, I want to play a decent product of NFL Football. If 2k or 989 or some other company made a NFL game I would support that too. If EA keeps the license and the product doesn't do well, who does that help? The better the game, the happier the consumer, that's all I'm really wanting. A better game, just like anyone else.
I get where you are coming from JP. we just don't get how you can support them when they clearly don't deserve support. Just because they are the only ones making football games isn't a good reason.
LA DODGERS
Old 11-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 10

I'm excited to see the scores when the review embargo lifts. Hopefully madden gets trashed and the right people take notice.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #120
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I was gonna respond to JPs post but it isn't worth it. This battle is clearly over, EA has lost. Maybe JP is right, and maybe "wait till next year!" will pay off M15, but the cat is officially out of the bag. EA has nowhere to hide. The game looks almost the same and seems to play exactly the same.

Get ready for this forums to blow up in 2 days.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »