Home

Thread on Reddit with someone who has game on ps4

This is a discussion on Thread on Reddit with someone who has game on ps4 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Out of the Park Baseball 23 Review: Newcomers Welcome
AEW: Fight Forever - New Gameplay Footage and Details
How to Fix The Rec in NBA 2K
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #129
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Thread on Reddit with someone who has game on ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourlifeent
LOL....you guys are straight silly. Let the game come out first Jeesh!!!
Yeah man, we are silly. Please be on the forum on Friday so we can compare silliness.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #130
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I'm excited to see the scores when the review embargo lifts. Hopefully madden gets trashed and the right people take notice.
i feel like we have been here before "hoping madden gets trashed" on the big review sites. Unfortunately that seems to never happen. I won't be surprised to see some 8.5/10 garbage review.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #131
Rookie

Borshay's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm a basketball fan.. but not a NBA fan (dislike Stern and lack of salary cap), however I'm a huge NFL fan even though the league has done some stupid things lately. During the PS2 days I owned 1 NBA title. (NBA2K7), I owned Maddens 02 to 07 (then I jumped to PS3). I've only owned 1 Madden (2010) during the PS3 era and I disliked that one much. AllProFootball 2K8 was the first game I played on my PS3 and it was also my last. I played it throughout the entire generation.

I do have hope for next year though. March 2014 the exclusivity expires and I hope the NFLs asking price is to high to justify a Madden monopoly.

(side note I did buy Madden 13 for PSVita, I actually liked the touch integration and I wasn't too upset with it for being a handheld title)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #132
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Because I believe in the direction they are going, but at the same time, I can't expect and don't expect, everyone else to believe in it.
So what if madden 15 comes out and it's the same ole crap from them. When for you will enough be enough.
LA DODGERS
Old 11-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #133
Rookie

I got this for free from Amazon's deal but I think it's going back. I didn't even get to see the footage but it sounds disappointing already. I'll wait til Friday when the reviews and vids start dropping but I was holding onto a sliver of hope. It's like an ant seeing the shadow of a foot hovering above getting larger and larger. Eventually it's gonna go splat...

I JUST WANNA PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!
8 GB Kingston RAM
Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #134
Banned

Ovie832's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Honestly, most sports games do not do a good job simulating the actual sport. There are very unrealistic elements to most sports games. I've played basketball for years and some of the things you can do in basketball video games are very unrealistic, the way most people play D and the percentage of 3pt shooting is extremely unrealistic. When you play defense you don't run at people as fast as you can and you don't run around in a circle trying to steal the ball on an inbounds pass. The games may look like what you see on TV, but a lot of times they are FAR from realistic. Madden and NBA 2k both fall under this category. I haven't played a ton of FIFA or NHL, but they seem to be more based on realistic simulation and fundamentals of their respective sport, than Madden and NBA 2k are.
sorry bro but I couldn't disagree with you more. Any video game has the ability to be more arcade vs more sim. (dependent on options,sliders, house rules..etc.)

Madden is by far the most arcade out of all the major sports games. I enjoy playing head to head with my brother. (dont really play online). We are both hardcore sim players. When we play madden we have to have TONS of house rules. No swerving..no user picks..no spamming lb's on blitzes..etc. the list goes on. This is followed closely by NHL. it is a rock-em sock-em arcade style of hockey. (Hockey is my fav sport) I can barely play the game.

When I play MLB the show or NBA 2k.. house rules and slider changes are kept to a very minimum. To behonest.. they are the only 2 games i can even complete full games in. I've literally turned off madden after the opening kickoff because of how bad it looks and feels.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #135
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
So what if madden 15 comes out and it's the same ole crap from them. When for you will enough be enough.
I've said all along if Madden 15 doesn't deliver on their promise, then I'm done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #136
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
When you play against another human, that's where the cheesy tactics you're describing come in when it comes to 2K basketball. Playing against another sim user, or against the AI, all that nonsense goes out the window and you get the most accurate representation of a sport in video game form. MLB: The Show can also argue this fact.

Comparing Madden isn't even close. Playing against another user, no matter the type, or against the AI, the game is still a complete mess. And while 2K took steps to improve their gameplay, graphics and AI for next gen, Madden did nothing.

Stop the comparisons to other sports games, because Madden isn't on their level, not even a little bit.

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
i hate to go off topic but i had to when i saw you say that playing against the cpu in nba 2k is realistic. i cant speak for ng because i havent played it or seen enough to really tell, but cg ai in nba 2k14 is a mess. ive had the game since a week after launch and i havent seen a single charge called. same goes for 3 second violations to the point where i had to go back into replay mode to actually count how many seconds more than 3 guys were in the paint. and those are just fouls/penalties.

not saying madden does a good job but youre really overselling 2k. jp hit it on the head when he said that almost no sports game is a realistic representation of the sport. mlb the show probably does the best job at least out of the games i play and know the sport. i dont play fifa and dont know soccer much so i cant comment on that. same with nhl. but i can say with confidence that neither madden or nba 2k is an accurate representation of their respective sports.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »