Home

Thread on Reddit with someone who has game on ps4

This is a discussion on Thread on Reddit with someone who has game on ps4 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #305
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Thread on Reddit with someone who has game on ps4

Is there a Youtube link or something to watch this on? I didn't get to see the live stream. I need to see this with my own eyes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #306
Pro

OVR: 8

This whole thread has made me extremely sad. I'm only a recent convert to football and the sport has really really appealed to me.
I stopped playing NBA 2K after 2K12 after I just felt the actual sport wasn't doing it for me. I found solace in the brilliance of the NFL and college football.

However, a major part of my enjoyment (apart from watching actual games) is to have a game which allows me to live out my hopes and dreams in a fantasy world.

I frankly still don't know enough about the NFL to pick Madden apart piece by piece (I'll let everyone else do it for me), but what I can tell is that other sports gaming products just look and feel alot better.

I certainly won't be getting this for PS4, but will keep my PS3 and play it there. I fully expect it to start collecting dust fairly soon, as I migrate over to next-gen and some of the better offerings on that system (not just sports, but stuff like watch dogs, AC4, etc).
Old 11-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #307
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzbro
I'm pretty sure IGN is rating games using a different standard for next gen (rating them tougher), and if 2K only got an 8.9 then Madden is looking at something like 7.6 from them.

OS review will be even worse, probably 6.5-7.5... at least it should be.
No way Madden gets a 6 or 7. anything from IGN. IGN and EA are tight, they are always promoting Madden on their site.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 11-13-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #308
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Given that FIFA got a 9.1 and NBA 2K14 got an 8.9. IGN can't give it anything higher than an 8.5 and that is if they are being generous. The majority of people watching the stream couldn't see the effects of the new Oline mechanics or True Step I don't see how they can rate the game that much higher than Madden 25 on current gen. I wouldn't be shocked if it came in lower than current gen Madden, which got an 8.5.
You are going to be shocked when it gets a 8.7, that is my prediction for the IGN review on next-gen Madden 25. Like I said, I suspect that EA and IGN has some kinda of friendly relationship. And with the bad feedback and sales numbers for Madden EA would probably do almost anything (you know make them an offer then can't refuse) to boost the public's morale towards Madden.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #309
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
It's a Play Now game. There should be the same "Halftime show" that we have in CG in CCF mode though. I guess we'll know for sure in another day or two.
There was an interview three weeks ago by a few developers no halftime or post game show. Probably another year or two for that to occur.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #310
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
You are going to be shocked when it gets a 8.7, that is my prediction for the IGN review on next-gen Madden 25. Like I said, I suspect that EA and IGN has some kinda of friendly relationship. And with the bad feedback and sales numbers for Madden EA would probably do almost anything (you know make them an offer then can't refuse) to boost the public's morale towards Madden.
These guys have never given madden less than an 8.0. They even gave Madden 06 on XBOX 360 an 8.0.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #311
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There was an interview three weeks ago by a few developers no halftime or post game show. Probably another year or two for that to occur.
Or another 25...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #312
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0

I only got to see a little bit of the stream while I was at work. It does look similar to the PS3 version. It was sort of hard to tell, though, from the stream. It looked like players where still sliding around a bit and I didn't notice too much of sideline action when a player ran out of bounds...not like I saw in the preview.

These are very minor issues to some, but some that annoy me to hell, for some reason.

1. Did anyone see if the replays are any better? I hate when I get to see my bad a** catch, run or tackle replay stuck on a close up of the player's numbers the entire replay.

2. Is the water break cut scene gone, or at least varied?

3. At the end of the game, did they show the play of the game that actually made a difference on the game? What I mean is, a lot of the time the play of the game is some insignificant play, like a 20 yard pass that means nothing or a 35 year field goal that had no importance whatsoever.

4. Player of the game. Has anyone noticed if they fixed that, instead of showing a cornerback that got 1 tackle for the entire game?

5. During post game, are the guys that interview the players still wearing tape (trainer) belts? It cracks me up to see the reporters in trainer polos and belts with a tape dispenser in them.

I am sure that are more, but I was just wondering if anyone noticed any of these things in the stream. Again, nothing major in the grand scheme of things, just annoyances to me and stuff that I think adds to the immersion of the game.

Thanks!
Testudo
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »