Home

Game Informer Madden 25 Stream (1:50 mark)

This is a discussion on Game Informer Madden 25 Stream (1:50 mark) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #81
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game Informer Madden 25 Stream (1:50 mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
When the man said Madden and 2k14 looked the same I just stopped reading his posts lol.
Then by all means, please enlighten me as to the finer superior details of 2k14 that I seem to be so obviously missing in your opinion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Really? I praised 2K...Maybe you want to consider getting rid of your crater sized EA/Tiburon chip?

But I digress, this is supposed to be about football video games, not personal attacks....If you find something specifically in my post that you oppose, please bring it to my attention...I am particularly interested in knowing where in my posts I showed having a chip in regards to 2K.
You said the pocket in madden is as consistent as real life and the criticisms were unwarranted. I completely disagree, it LOOKS like a pocket but does not behave like a pocket at all. It's not organic in the game, there's no push up the middle, there's no battle between the oline and dline all the way to the qb you either beat the block and get a clear path or you don't and stay put. I don't remember seeing the qb ever having to step up in the pocket in those streams, there's no pressure affecting the throw, I don't remember seeing any lineman get beat off the snap. It's not what they sold us with those videos.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 21

The most troubling thing for me when watching the stream is the defensive line pass rush looks exactly like current gen. I didn't see any of the stuff from the "war in the trenches" video.

Right now it just looks like Madden 25 CG with better textures and a 3d Crowd.

If this game has the same issues the current gen game has then that will confirm this is nothing more than a port of the 360 version(gameplay wise) with tweaked player movement, some 3D grass, and 3D crowds sprinkled on top.

Unless there is something we are missing or have not seen yet, I am not at all impressed by what they have done so far.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #84
Pro

OVR: 6

Why is it that as soon as somebody posts a negative about Madden they are automatically suspected of being a 2K guerrilla? What is the problem with using 2k as a measuring stick for progress within the football genre of games? There simply aren't many other recent alternatives with which to compare.

I see many posts that are critical of Madden and with just cause. Many of these same posters I have also seen give credit where credit is due for some of Madden's better ideas.

Conversely, I rarely see the posters that have nothing but good to say about Madden admit that there are shortcomings with the game. They simply refuse to acknowledge there are any problems whatsoever.

I have said this before, and the sentiment has often been touched on by other posters, but it probably bears repeating. We all want the same thing: a great football game. Our time would not be well spent here for any other reason.

I have been waiting a very, very, very long time for this great football game to arrive and I would like to see it before I strap on a pair of Depends and sip on a glass of warm milk at the retirement home.

I honestly don't care who makes the damn game, be it EA, 2K, Sony, or Aunt Jamima. I just want it to arrive.

So can we drop the 2K conspiracy theories please?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #85
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I have only seen a couple min of gameplay and I wanted to be blown away but wasn't. Then thinking I need to see and play myself to really get what is going on.
My only question is, do we in fact know what we are seeing is the final retail version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #86
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

EA should be ashamed of themselves trying to pass this off as a next gen game. I guess that ESPN video on youtube was correct all along. There is no way i am buying this game.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #87
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Geez, did I even say I go by that? I saw the fumble first and then heard, that's a fumble.
Take it easy lol. You said that "the guy even said he fumbled", so that sounds like you are using his opinion as a reinforcement of your stance that it was a fumble. I was just saying they know nothing, so what they say, matters nill. That's all.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #88
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
but I did call out the fact that a number of people here just seem to hate to hate...The majority of people, by a large percentage are busy playing the game instead of complaining and blaming others because they do not like EA for owning the exclusive NFL license and feel that somehow 2K football was robbed...
Madden puts out a better game, and then 2k doesn't get mentioned. The only reason people complain about EA owning the exclusive license is because this has caused NFL football video gaming to be so mediocre (at best) for so long. Has nothing to do with some vendetta over 2k being robbed. This part of your post just seems to be name calling and trolling.

Quote:
Some unwarranted complaints - Pocket formation (it is in NG and it is as consistent as it is in the NFL; but it appears the complainers believe a "perfect" pocket, by their beliefs, should be present on every pass play - that is a personal issue, not EA/Tiburons issue....
I thought I heard in one of these streams, by the streamers themselves, one mentioning the other taking 25 steps back on pass plays. I haven't seen the streams, just going by posts in these threads, but if this is the case, then the pocket formation is not as consistent as it is in the NFL. If I've misread the posts, or they are not accurate to what was on the stream, then I concede your point until I myself have proof one way or the other. Just saying if the posts are accurate, and one guy on the stream is saying to the other guy he keeps taking 25 step dropbacks, that's not a very good pocket being enforced.

Quote:
Also, graphics: I saw cleaner and more accurate uniforms and especially helmets; the helmets had the shine, and even the metallic helmets had the silver or gold look as in real life...If you saw a stream of a Redskins night game and closed in on RG3, you would have seen the same detail as in the trailer.

Another addition - actual fully rendered sidelines...Never saw that is CG...Hence an improvement.....
I think poster are admitting to some minor graphical improvements, just nothing next gen worthy. Gameplay animations seem to be a huge eyesore.

Quote:
There was instances of true step, also when warranted...Seems some people think true step should be active even when not required.
Instances? of True Step? when warranted? Isn't true stepping, with momentum, weight, agility, etc important in ALL instances? When exactly is it NOT required? According to EA/Tib, is only required for 1 or maybe 2 of the 22.

Quote:
From what I have seen there is a handful of Madden community players that over expect for each new release by injecting more into the promo videos and articles than what is truly there....
Over expect? I guess we will just agree to disagree. Seems the NBA2K developers disagree with you as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »