Home

another live stream on twitch right now

This is a discussion on another live stream on twitch right now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: another live stream on twitch right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingren
man does McCoy have some kind of clause in his contract where he cant be his real skin color in madden
He's so light because some Madden Dev saw the name McCoy and thought he was Irish.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #34
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

OVR: 0

Graphics do look better, as expected, and I'm seeing pockets forming intermittently, but these animations kill it for me. They still have that hideous stutter-step the cpu does in the endzone before they kneel it for a touchback. Really? Still seeing teammates run beside the ball carrier without trying to make a tackle. There's still the hideously robotic post play animations from almost everyone on the field. Ball carriers still seem to explode when you hit them in the legs from behind. I don't get it. I'm sure it'll feel better than CG when you're the one playing it, but small cosmetic changes is not what I thought we'd be getting after the first trailer. I'm sure all of this has already been posted ad nauseum, but it's just....deflating.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

I haven't bought Madden in about 3 years, so that may be part of it, but it looks pretty fun. I'm sure I'll get it when I end up getting a new console. At first I thought the user was the Eagles because he was taking off with Vick if there was an opening... turns out the CPU will do that these days. Pretty cool.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #36
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
According to Rex Dickson presentation wasn't a focus this year, they did some work on the replays and that was about it. Look for better presentation in Madden 15, I'm expecting MUCH better commentary for one.
In a recent interview, the one with Rex and Clint, somebody asked them a question about presentation. Rex's comment was something along the lines of "I can't answer that because I'm a gameplay guy" indicating he has nothing to do with the presentation aspect. My question then is, wtf were the guys who DO have something to do with presentation doing? They obviously aren't gameplay guys. The whole thing is just extremely shady, I'm very curious as to whether we will ever know what really happened between E3 and the Madden next gen release, I bet it would be very interesting to know what really took place, because no matter what anybody says, the E3 AP running demo, and the "actual game footage" clip they showed are simply 100% completely different than the finished product. As far as the review embargo lasting until the system has already been made available, thats the kind of tactic that will make me laugh my *** off and say good riddance if this company ever folds. How come FIFA can be reviewed but not Madden or Live?

Last edited by reverend_heat; 11-14-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #37
Rookie

wow they had eric decker doing the cat daddy. I have no hope for madden
Old 11-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #38
Rookie

So I watched a stream and the guy went into replay and zoomed in on the players. You can see where the screenshots and up close vids came from. The detail is impressive. But when you zoom back out you lose all of that.

- Uniform degradation is better with dirt and grass stains (actually the best part I saw)
- saw small smears of dirt on players skin (kinda cool)
- sweat detail on arms was impressive
- dirt kicks up realistically when cutting (but disappears after a few sec)

Honestly though still disappointing. The herky jerky animations are what bother me. And the guys said he saw 2 or 3 td celebrations out of like 12-14 TD's he scored. And I saw Wes Welker do the Dougie. Lol.

SMH

A lot of work to be done. But hey, I did see someone on the sideline catch a player running out of bounds in real time!
8 GB Kingston RAM
Old 11-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Yup, there just isn't any connection from what's happening on the field to how the players react and what cutscenes are shown. It's like everything is cut out and pasted on top of each other. It's the biggest reason this game has felt completely devoid of life for ages now.
The game lacks the same passion and excitement we see throughout NFL, and really on most levels of football, including pop warner. From the opening intro, to the menu music, to the way players and coaches react (or lack thereof), crowd (at this point there should be close ups of fans wearing cheese heads, black hole Raiders gear, paperbag heads, the dawg pound, etc)...If I can come up with this in the minute it takes me to post this, what does this say about the developers?

Watching these Madden twitch feeds over the last day and the one word that comes to mind about the game is BORING. There is nothing that jumps out to the viewer saying we have to have this game. It's really a shame.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 13

Lol, Game is not Next-Gen...End sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »