Home

Tweet the NFL to express your disappointment with Madden

This is a discussion on Tweet the NFL to express your disappointment with Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tweet the NFL to express your disappointment with Madden

Let's do this!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have nothing against EA. In fact I wanted them to knock it out of the park with this next gen. I played Madden in the late 90's, moved to 2k dreamcast, and then Madden 2001-2004 ps2 was just amazing, love it. Then I went 2k5 and my eyes were opened to what a football game could be like. Since Xbox 360 released versions, madden has just been way behind for me. I haven't fell in love with a football game since the xbox/ps2 days

At this point, I'd gladly sign my name to someone else getting a chance at a license. I don't care who, just want someone else to get a shot. 2k, Microsoft, just somebody
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #51
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
It will take me a few days to compile the information for the petition. I will have to go back to 2006 to obtain it. Once complete, I may have someone who is very articulate with wording, review and make the changes. The petition will be posted to get the signatures. We need a bunch. I will find a way to get the petition, as well as an email, directly to the NFL. Our objective is to raise awareness in regards to EA's business practices. EA cannot gain control of this generation. We cannot allow them to get too far ahead in the race, so to speak.
I know a perfect forum to post it on to get more signatures
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #52
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Oozing_Eye
However, the NFL itself is a monopoly.
The NFL doesn't come close to meeting the legal definition of a monopoly.

First, the NFL has every right to sign exclusive partnerships with various products and brands, to set up a rookie player dispersal draft open for entry to any who apply and meet the draft qualifications, set up rules governing the interactions between its 32 member teams, and so forth. It's a private entity, it can choose how it wants to operate within the confines of the country's interstate commerce laws, public safety laws, and whatnot.

Moreover, there are 28 active professional and semiprofessional football leagues in the United States. Nothing the NFL does - including but not limited to the examples I gave above - directly precludes on any of the remaining 27 leagues from conducting business, be it selling tickets to fans, attracting players into the league, or selling sponsorships to advertising partners. If the NFL were a monopoly, the executives of the league would have set up policies which actively work to sabotage other leagues' abilities to perform these actions and remain economically viable.

Finally, expanding the NFL's business to the broader definition of "entertainment via sporting event", the league competes for athletic talent and spectator eyeballs / dollars with any other American sports-related entity in existence, be it the NBA, MLB, MLS, or even WWE and UFC. If the NFL were a monopoly, the ability of these leagues to conduct business would be obviously impaired.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #53
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Moreover, there are 28 active professional and semiprofessional football leagues in the United States.
Which reminds me...didn't the Lingerie Football League partner with Yuke's for a game? Whatever happened to that thing?
Old 11-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

I havent played it yet, getting it in a couple weeks, but are we just hating this game becasue its the "cool" thing to do? From what I have seen it actually looks pretty decent.

I have played all other sports game out right now and Madden seems to be in the number 2 spot behind 2k, with Fifa in 3rd. Live doesnt even deserve a mention tbh
Old 11-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
I havent played it yet, getting it in a couple weeks, but are we just hating this game becasue its the "cool" thing to do? From what I have seen it actually looks pretty decent.

I have played all other sports game out right now and Madden seems to be in the number 2 spot behind 2k, with Fifa in 3rd. Live doesnt even deserve a mention tbh
This isn't hating, we're trying to get competition back into video game football. That's a win for consumers no matter what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
In the Spring/early Summer the Next Gen 49ers did NOT have metallic helmets.

Me and countless others spammed the ever loving heck out of the NFLPA and team owner twitters, etc for the duration of the Summer complaining about it.

IT GOT FIXED (and I actually got a response from the NFLPA). Of course, Kane might have had something to do with that, but the point is, if you spam them enough, they will take notice. Maybe all they do is remove the ability for us to spam them with our concerns. Or maybe, just maybe, they do something about the real problem.

But one thing is for sure: if the entire community here does nothing, nothing is bound to happen.
Should we all thank you because the uniforms are right now when they were wrong in a beta or alpha build of a game? Guess what I said there is 32 games in the NFL when there was only 2 in the demo..... Trying to claim something was done because of you spamming them about non-metallic helmets is a little crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »