Home

To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG

This is a discussion on To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #17
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofx7
I also don't think that they will respond unless they are cornered about it.
Exactly, a dev will have to be asked point blank, and a video camera will have to be rolling. You will probably get the vague EA half answer, "umm, yeah, we used game assets for that video". Kind of like when a person asked if real time lighting was implemented for late afternoon games, as in, does it go from daylight, to dusk, to nighttime. "Yes, the game does have progressive shadowing". It's like someone being asked does the car go over 85 mph? And the car maker says, "yes, the car does move forward when you press down on the gas". The problem is these interviewers don't press after these lame *** responses, they need to be called on it.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This is a valid question but irrelevant to anyone who may want to buy the game.

I don't understand how the answer to this question would affect one's decision to buy the game. That should be based on what video's we are watching now which is the tangible product.

What changes the decision of a potential buyer based on the answer you pose here?
It probably more of an ethical or possibly legal question. It won't effect my decision to buy or not buy. If I could get it for $10 I would.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
Rookie

daenius's Arena

OVR: 3

I just watched that AP E3 footage again.

It looks "maxed-out" in comparison to what I've seen from the dreadful ESPN prediction-video-fiasco and gameplay.

I think the system simply couldn't handle what they showed at E3 in addition to a full stadium/sidelines/the full package. I don't even think they didn't know this until after E3, I am 100% certain they deliberately took out all the things that would make it look CG and just plain and simple fooled us with a build that's a year, maybe even two years away.

An embargo for 9am while the PS4 is released at midnight? Another one of EA's money-grabbing schemes for sure - make as much profit as possible on pre-orders and midnight launches before the public actually realizes that the NG version is just a piece of s*** port of CG.

I am thankful though, I decided to wait for reviews before I trade in my used PS3/X360 games for next-gen games and after seeing all of this I definitely won't be putting Madden on the list.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

I held off getting the game for the 360 until I get my XB1 next week. It is disappointing that the graphics shown at E3 aren't what we're getting in the game. I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews on the PS4 version. My biggest question isn't the graphics, its the gameplay and features. If those are all in place, I can't wait to play next week.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
I held off getting the game for the 360 until I get my XB1 next week. It is disappointing that the graphics shown at E3 aren't what we're getting in the game. I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews on the PS4 version. My biggest question isn't the graphics, its the gameplay and features. If those are all in place, I can't wait to play next week.
Why would anyone still rely on reviews when you can watch an unedited, unbiased, full live stream and make your own decision? You don't need a reviewer to tell you what you are seeing if you can see it for yourself. If you like what you see, then get it. If you don't like what you see, don't get it. You don't need someone to tell you what to see when you are looking dead at it and can make your own decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Live streams are compressed, not 1080p.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #23
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I feel for those that, for some reason or another, ONLY saw the E3 vids and will be in line at midnight...
And this is exactly what's going to happen with so many consumers. If only they were buying the game in the E3 trailer. All I can say is EA Madden lost me years ago when I was standing in line to buy the game based on the trailer with McNabb. Not fooling me again.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #24
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Man Im sure plenty of people will buy Madden thinking they're getting the E3 version.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »