Home

Madden NFL 25 PS4 Videos

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 PS4 Videos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 25 PS4 Videos

I was extremely disappointed in the streams and with these vids as well. Apparently that makes me an ea ***** because I wanted to believe that player sense, war in the trenches, and tru step would be game changing. I also thought living worlds would be more immersive. I see no evidence of any of what was touted. Still see defenders covering grass, DBS and WRS standing flat footed, HUGE gaps in the line, players warping into blocks. Quite frankly, it's pretty embarrassing. I feel dumb for being surprised by this. I really wanted to try to like this game, but I'm sorry, this is not a significant upgrade.

It's time to get back into the nba and soccer I guess. Those are games that truly blur the lines between the games and reality.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:38 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Will just add them as they arrive. Post them, when you see them.

wow these vids look NICE!
Old 11-15-2013, 04:03 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You are probably right, it just doesn't look like the piece of do do I've seen on Twich the last few days, it looks better.(talking about the videos in this thread only) Another guy in the other thread said it might be because of the player. He was dropping back immediately 10 yds, rolling out,etc.... where no pockets could form.

I guess we'll see soon enough.
yeah but that should cause the super intelligent DL to release and bury the QB (a lot of times). I watched twitch vids where DE's still appeared to be glued to their blocks......I dunno know anymore, like someone else said ill wait till I have it, go to war with my sliders and see f I can find my sweet spot like I did with current gen.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:09 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 2

http://youtu.be/ca_tHIUwgsU

True Step
Old 11-15-2013, 04:16 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 1

IDK, maybe I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing. I watched the very first video on this thread. I listened to all the "noticeable improvements" and everything they mentioned I pretty much see on the last gen. I started using a slider set (0 threshold, 0 RB/PB) that I think works great and the line play looks the same to me. I have 2 monster d-lineman who are both over 90. Sometimes they dominate sometimes they don't get to the qb. I user the LE and I get cut blocked, chipped by the rb, and double teamed. I primarily use the bull rush and my only complaint about line play is that the RT gets knocked on his a** a little too much. I like to rotate in different LE's to get XP and there is a significant drop when I go from my starter to my backup. It's much harder to get to the QB.

As for the blitzing I don't see that problem either. Nickel Sugar Blitz (6-man rush) is a perfect example. I user the MLB and drop him back a couple of yards. The ROLB hits the C and leaves a nice hole to run through to get to the QB. Sometimes I get chipped by the RB, sometimes I get to the QB, and sometimes the O-Line slides their protection to pick up the blitz leaving the LE or RE as a free runner. It doesn't always work (just as it shouldn't) but my MLB has 5 sacks thru 14 games. My team has 51 team sacks thru 14 games which is the most I've had after 4 seasons of my CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
Ok I dont know if its because Im watching on my Iphone 5 or what but this video...looks very similar to Madden 96 as far as the pmayer models go.
Again if its my device for givee me but WTF?
And the "Highlight" video that KoachK showed earlier in the thread..not impressive - a wr making a TD catch on a full run coming to a complete stop 1 yard into the Endzone??
Am I the only one who sees this... At about the 1:20ish mark where the bucs are in throwback unis-the LB beats the Te and converges on the qb wth the Dlineman watch the end of that play??
Again usually this phone gets quality resolution, but someof tbis has nothing to do with resolution.
Im not here to slam the game because I picking it up with my XBone and the awareness stuff is obviously in there but is anyone else seeing this stuff or am I nutz?
It doesn't look any better on a laptop. That video is weird, the player models go back and forth between looking great and looking terrible. The scene with K.Wright is just awful, his number 13 is massive.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 21

If you pay attention to the vids the "game changers" are posting you will notice real quick the difference between the smoke and mirrors videos and the game play videos.

When you look at any live stream or game play vid from the view you actually play the game from you will notice this game is not doing much different from the game in your 360/ps3.

When shown from tight close up camera angles coupled with suggestive commentary the game "appears" to play like a different game.

One example is the simballcritic video where he is talking up the better zone coverage. If you pay attention you will see its really not better defense being played by the AI, but rather a bad throw made by whoever is playing offense. Since the replay angle is so close you dont pay attention to that. Dude should not have thrown the ball to the wr when he did in that vid. He threw it right into the coverage and its being hyped up to "better AI"

I see the startegy being used by EA and why they have been so geeked up on not letting gameplay footage "not created by them" slip into the wild.

Now on launch day they release the hounds to our boards to dump all there close up shot videos with the hype commentary.

Pay attention to what you are looking at, ignore the voice on the vid.

Last edited by TombSong; 11-15-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
If you pay attention to the vids the "game changers" are posting you will notice real quick the difference between the smoke and mirrors videos and the game play videos.

When you look at any live stream or game play vid from the view you actually play the game from you will notice this game is not doing much different from the game in your 360/ps3.

When shown from tight close up camera angles coupled with suggestive commentary the game "appears" to play like a different game.

One example is the simballcritic video where he is talking up the better zone coverage. If you pay attention you will see its really not better defense being played by the AI, but rather a bad throw made by whoever is playing offense. Since the replay angle is so close you dont pay attention to that. Dude should not have thrown the ball to the wr when he did in that vid. He threw it right into the coverage and its being hyped up to "better AI"

I see the startegy being used by EA and why they have been so geeked up on not letting gameplay footage "not created by them" slip into the wild.

Now on launch day they release the hounds to our boards to dump all there close up shot videos with the hype commentary.

Pay attention to what you are looking at, ignore the voice on the vid.

I was thinking the same thing about coverage. I saw that done and done well on CG. In fact not only in M25 but NCAA 12 or 13 did an outstanding job with dB's handing off players in zone cvg. Maybe they mean its less holes in the A.I. making it more consistent? I dunno.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »