Home

Madden 25 Next-Gen Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Next-Gen Q&A Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #201
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden 25 Next-Gen (PS4) Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLannister
Hey guys, I've got no idea about american football, but I enjoy playing madden.

A simple question: when i watch youtube videos about madden, the player are selecting their offensive-play by going to "formations" (i-formation and so on).

Why they dont select it via "type" (run > outside handoff, inside handoff / pass > quick pass, shotgun pass)

I just dont understand it, this makes no sense for me

and: as I already said - I've got absolutely no idea about football and the tactics etc. How can I learn to read the plays before they start? I've got the feeling my enemys know what I am going to do, already when my players are standing in their position
Typically the specific formation, and the run/pass plays within a formation produce distinct matchup scenarios based on the way they arrange players prior to the snap. To put it another way, a run play from different formations, and from different permutations of a formation all have different matchup implications, and can (not necessarily always) relate to specific scenarios like attacking a type of defenses, highlighting/taking advantage of your/their personnel, down and distance, attempts to establish a style of play, etc... So a run play in a certain direction is not just a type of play regardless of formation. A play and its formation are often linked to a particular scenario or purpose beyond simply running in a direction or passing the football from under center or out of the shotgun.

So one reason why people prefer to search through specific formations is it's an easier method of sorting through the specific thing you are looking for. Additionally, it gives you a chance to see other plays from the formation, which sometimes improves the initial idea by presenting a play that you realize might work better within your initial concept. Lastly, for a lot of players, this was the only play selection method in football games until fairly recently.

As for your other question relating to reading defenses—it's a lot more complicated. You'll want to learn some basics of both pre-snap and post-snap reads. I would simply suggest looking up some basic defense reading videos for Madden on youtube.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #202
Banned

OVR: 0

Was Wondering if during the Regular Season, do the west coast games start at 1pm west coast -- which is 4pm East Time?

And how is the Lighting?

Thanks.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #203
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
Was Wondering if during the Regular Season, do the west coast games start at 1pm west coast -- which is 4pm East Time?

And how is the Lighting?

Thanks.
Yes they do. Lighting is good. I have seen afternoon sun, and cloudy with the stadium lights on so far.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #204
Pro

OVR: 4

Quick question: Is speed, acceleration and agility for generated rookies messed up like it was on current gen?
Old 12-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #205
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Does anyone on here know how to make the depth charts stay from the updated roster once u start a cfm......vick keeps going back to the starter for philly???? Please help lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #206
Rookie

Is Madden next gen worth buying?
Old 12-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #207
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

I have a question as I am getting this game for Christmas.

Compared to current gen, in Connected Franchise is simming week to week any faster on Next gen? I plan on simming the 2013 season right off of bat.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #208
Rookie

mwink31's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroehms
I have a question as I am getting this game for Christmas.

Compared to current gen, in Connected Franchise is simming week to week any faster on Next gen? I plan on simming the 2013 season right off of bat.
Not as fast as you would think. A little faster than cur gen, but not lightning fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »