Home

IGN: Madden NFL 25 PS4 & Xbox One Video Review

This is a discussion on IGN: Madden NFL 25 PS4 & Xbox One Video Review within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #49
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: IGN: Madden NFL 25 PS4 & Xbox One Video Review

This review is wacky but part of the issue is only the ball carrier follows sim which is true step while everyone else isn't using true step so it makes the game unbalanced and seem off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 39

I agree with some of what he mentioned, but didn't think this was a great review. I felt like he was giving Madden bad marks for the few positive advancements they've made instead of touching on the glaring oversights/lies.

Also, I bet this guy is more so someone who plays in tournaments and relies on CPU errors, glitches, and money plays to win/have a good time... And the part about "being too real for its own good?" - seriously - did Tiburon hand pick this dude. "See! Nobody wants a realistic football game, just look at this review!" Please EA, if you must continue making the only football game out there, at least keep going in the direction of sim & realism.

Last edited by sportzbro; 11-15-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzbro
I agree with some of what he mentioned, but didn't think this was a great review. I felt like he was giving Madden bad marks for the few positive advancements they've made instead of touching on the glaring oversights/lies.

Also, I bet this guy is more so someone who plays in tournaments and relies on CPU errors, glitches, and money plays to win/have a good time... And the part about "being too real for its own good?" - seriously - did Tiburon hand pick this dude. "See! Nobody wants a realistic football game, just look at this review!" Please EA, if you must continue making the only football game out there, at least keep going in the direction of sim & realism.
Here is Clint Oldenburgs reaction on Twitter:

Too realistic you say?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #52
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Drop the attitude.

You challenge him to at least watch it before posting? He clearly says he did. You may want to re-read his post.

Secondly, if one would have to play it before giving input, how is his input any less valid than yours or 99% of others around here?

You may want to be careful with "High Horse" accusations in the future....
Seems Cheyenne has the holier than thou attitude...Essentially labeling people in a negative manner based on how they viewed the game...
Old 11-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #53

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
IGN: Madden NFL 25 PS4 & Xbox One Video Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Why do you as a "green text member" bring up his post but say nothing when the guy he quoted said basically that he's not buying the "crap" that EA puts out? Isn't that expressly against the rules to say something like that? I thought there was this huge stickied thread about how only constructive criticism was allowed and phrases like "the crap EA produces" was grounds for banishment?

For reference:

But I guess it's okay to say things like that now? Because if so... well... I've got a few choice words to say about the game myself!
You're free to say you hate the game and think its crap all you want.

I've thought it's been crap for the most part for a couple years now. That's a fact (how I feel about the game that is). Re read my post if you think I said you can't say anything negative about the game.

I could have done without the "I'm here to set the record straight" attitude but nowhere in his post did he attack anyone personally other than small generalizations which if you find it insulting, I apologize.

And to clarify a bit, it's all about context.

Dropping into a thread and just saying this game sucks and that's it is not okay.

If you say as part of a larger point, it's not an issue. That larger point may not have been one you necessarily agree with but you will come across that at any forum.

He didn't violate the TOS. His post was no different than individuals who say similar things to those who proclaim to be junk without even playing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Seems Cheyenne has the holier than thou attitude...Essentially labeling people in a negative manner based on how they viewed the game...
So? There are a lot people in this forum with a similar attitude all the time. You yourself have exhibited a bit of it against anyone who claims the game junk.

It's not against the TOS. It may be a turnoff to you and it is to me too, but much like what I've done with some of your posts it's better to ignore the post if it bothers you that much and move on rather than come back with a smart response.

Last edited by kehlis; 11-15-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
"Too Realistic, less fun" Yeah can't take this guy seriously.
I never go to IGN, Gamestop, etc for ANY sports game reviews. Most of the experts in that area are on this site.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 24

Reviewer wondered why Kaepernick wasn't tatted up.....

Where's he been since the PS2 days????!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #56
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

So? There are a lot people in this forum with a similar attitude all the time. You yourself have exhibited a bit of it against anyone who claims the game junk.

It's not against the TOS. It may be a turnoff to you and it is to me too, but much like what I've done with some of your posts it's better to ignore the post if it bothers you that much and move on rather than come back with a smart response.
I have never called anyone crazy, directly or indirectly, in any of my posts..I have challenged peoples' assertions, but in my years of studies never has there been a case where challenging another persons' assertions has ever been frowned upon....

If I have made any post that you or anyone else finds as a "turn off," then please state so then, else hold your peace...Stating something like, "like what I've done with some of your posts it's better to ignore," long after the fact where proof is most likely lost in the shuffle.

From my knowledge I have said nothing offensive....

The Cheyenne person did jump into a thread and said the game sucked and that people who disagree are crazy, and he based this off his opinion without support; he left himself open to retorts.

anywho, in the end I cannot win against a moderator, so I have said my peace and am done with it.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-15-2013 at 06:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »