Home

Zone Cover Improvements NG

This is a discussion on Zone Cover Improvements NG within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Zone Cover Improvements NG

A MaddenTips video highlighting the improved zone coverage, which I am really liking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee6U84imtlY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Zone Cover Improvements NG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
A MaddenTips video highlighting the improved zone coverage, which I am really liking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee6U84imtlY
Thanks for the vid url. But for me, I want to hear this from many that have the game, played a significant number of plays, gone back and replayed them to check out the zone and man coverage. I just don't trust one, possibly very carefully selected play to be convinced.

Waiting to hear from more OS'ers that have the game and have checked these kinds of things out. Like does the pocket really matter can QB's drop back 15-20 yards and be effective. Are Dlineman still suctioned into blocks or are they smarter and go after the tackle if the angle is right for them instead of staying engaged when it absolutely makes no sense.

Would like to see a lot more in depth perceptions in the perceptions thread.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Wait... Does he really understand the issues with Madden's "zones"? This video just showed better reaction to the ball. Better play on the ball by the defender. The same stuff you should see regardless of if it's man or zone. What I want to see is better drop in terms of technique, and location based on the routes being run. How do the players adjust to the routes being run. What decisions they make when certain routes are run through their zones! This didn't show any of that. I am disappoint.

What they did show, however, was pretty good. I will say that. Still some QUIRKY and very wrong movement, but much better.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Wait... Does he really understand the issues with Madden's "zones"? This video just showed better reaction to the ball. Better play on the ball by the defender. The same stuff you should see regardless of if it's man or zone. What I want to see is better drop in terms of technique, and location based on the routes being run. How do the players adjust to the routes being run. What decisions they make when certain routes are run through their zones! This didn't show any of that. I am disappoint.

What they did show, however, was pretty good. I will say that. Still some QUIRKY and very wrong movement, but much better.

He should know what he is talking about, Zfarls & Sgibs are top gamers and produce 100's of tips and advanced Madden gameplay "Winner's" kits...They also author the Prima Guide for Madden....
Old 11-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

Exactly correct. Zone play is not improved. The reaction of DBS however is very much improved. DBS still wander off into no mans land when a receiver is clearly in their zone, but the video is correct the DBS react much faster and at least make plays on late or poor throws. But the dumb ai guarding a zone is still helpless on properly thrown balls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
He should know what he is talking about, Zfarls & Sgibs are top gamers and produce 100's of tips and advanced Madden gameplay "Winner's" kits...They also author the Prima Guide for Madden....
I don't know these guys, but the quick google search, they sound more like tourney guys than sim guys. What do you know about them? Do you know if they are sim or tourney? If they are tourney guys, then I don't care how many Winner kits or Prima Guides they've authored. I would trust there "Madden" knowledge, but I would be skeptical of actual NFL zone coverage knowledge. Since I don't really know them, this is all just the feeling I get with what little I know about them.

But Winners kits and Prima Guides don't necessarily mean NFL knowledge.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Several other places this could've been posted. Doesn't need its own thread.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »