Home

IGN: Madden 25 PS4 Video: Cheifs vs. Broncos (User vs. User)

This is a discussion on IGN: Madden 25 PS4 Video: Cheifs vs. Broncos (User vs. User) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
IGN: Madden 25 PS4 Video: Cheifs vs. Broncos (User vs. User)

*One user is the guy who did the IGN review. He continues to discuss his "realistic" vs. "loss of control" stance he made in his review.

Last edited by RGmoney; 11-15-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IGN: Madden 25 PS4 Video: Cheifs vs. Broncos (User vs. User)

It seems like the reviewer likes more of an arcade feel to the game. He wants to be able to cut on a dime and not have to worry about the chop steps and weaving through holes.

I haven't played, so I can't comment on the feel of the run game, but I wouldn't cancel your purchase based solely on his review.

He also talks about the lack of impact the revamped line play has. He says when you see replays, you notice it, but not during game play. So far the line play looks improved, so not sure why he kept down playing it.

I did notice a 15 yard dig come open in man to man coverage. I never ran dig routes in madden because the CB would cut at the same time and easily be able to undercut the receiver. In the video the CB was playing inside technique. When the WR cut inside, the CB had to slow down and the WR was able to cross in front of the CB and came open. It was nice to see the CB have to react instead of cutting at the same time as the WR.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Saw some good things in the vid.

Better celebration and sideline angles. A few animations look better. Replay angles are better. Saw up the field rush fairly consistently from the ends. End game cut scenes looked much better than anything I remember on Madden.

Saw some bad too.

Tethered passing (vomit). Pass trajectory (probably, but need to confirm). Animations triggering that don't fit what preceded a collision. Coach and player models (especially coach models). Saw the same sideline scene where a coach was nodding at something that Coach Smith said, but two different coaches (one black, one white), but other than that it was the same. Speaking of coaches, I'm pretty sure that the exact same assistant (the black one) that was nodding at what Coach Smith said, transformed into the camera guy at the end of the game filming the players as they walked off the field...

Also saw some weird.

I saw several tackle animations that looked like a perfectly realistic horse collar and illegal face mask, yet no penalties were called. I say that it's weird, because the animations looked so good, that they had to specifically capture a horse collar and illegal facemask tackle. That being the case, why bother to capture them if you aren't going to institute penalties for them...?
Old 11-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

(A moment of slight off topic comment)

Speaking of a coach appearance showing up later on a camera man; In the CG, on more than one occasion, I swear I have seen Aaron Rodgers face on a referee...

I think it is sorta cool, as Rodgers has a reputation of being a photo bomber...Wonder if it is a nod to Rodgers?
Old 11-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just can't take any thing that is said by these guys seriously. They do not understand football and they are both terrible at the game. Wish UPS would hurry up and deliver my PS4 so I can try it out myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
Rookie

For me personally, I feel exactly how I did when I finally saw gameplay of Madden 06 on xbox back in 2006. This game just looks so bland, and poor IMO. I have a hard time believing this is next gen. Those fancy words they been throwing at us all sure seam silly now

Honestly, if I were EA, I would either give up the license, or I'd find another studio to make the game for me or something. This is just really bad. I actually prefer current gen, even though they are nearly the same. I think the crisper resolution graphics actually make the flaws look even worse.

And what is with this camera angle? I didn't get it on current gen, and I don't get it on next gen. Not that it makes the game play better, but at least it brings in more next gen graphic detail to the eyes, and not just sharper outlines from the higher resolution.

Last edited by BigDaddyHolmes; 11-15-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
Banned

Ive played the game and I enjoy it. The graphics and the 1080p is very nice. I find the gameplay to be improved from past years. DBs are much smarter and the D overall isn't nearly as bad as previous installments.

It's better than I expected.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:24 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
(A moment of slight off topic comment)

Speaking of a coach appearance showing up later on a camera man; In the CG, on more than one occasion, I swear I have seen Aaron Rodgers face on a referee...

I think it is sorta cool, as Rodgers has a reputation of being a photo bomber...Wonder if it is a nod to Rodgers?
THANK YOU!!! I was starting to wonder if I was the only person who noticed that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »