Home

Old 01-06-2014, 02:45 AM   #145
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

I don't know, it seems when teams audible in the NFL, most of the time they shift or motion or both to a different formation.

While it's good to have the option to only audible within the same formation, it's an artificial limitation that's NOT "in the game."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #146
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
I don't know, it seems when teams audible in the NFL, most of the time they shift or motion or both to a different formation.

While it's good to have the option to only audible within the same formation, it's an artificial limitation that's NOT "in the game."
In EA's game it IS a limitation to stop people from exploiting man coverage A.I. For what it is I don't have a problem with it. We have to ask what is the biggest problem. Not being able to audible as we wish or having some kid or adult audible as he wishes and lo and behold your defenders are all covering guys on the other side of the field or nobody at all. Instant TD. So it's really not the audible system that needs to be fixed. It's the man coverage, swapping logic and how that plays out when someone uses the audible system. As it was before, it was a serious problem in player vs player matches. The other problem apparently was player personnel lining up in positions they would never line up in and having effectiveness at that position. DeSean Jackson lining up at TE due to audibling down then of course if it is man coverage you get a linebacker on him and it's over. Or he lines up at TE and seal blocks the OLB out of the play. Stupid. Or the offense comes out in shotgun 4WR audible down to I form Pro with Jackson at FB. He either is going to block with good effectiveness in the run game or he's always going to be open for the pass in man coverage. Unfortunately, this is not just a football decision.

I would say maybe they can add on a few forms to others, but they should just leave it alone for now until the work out the defensive side of it.

Last edited by LBzrule; 01-06-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #147
Banned

OVR: 12

Audibling down is bad but there are people using dime and quarters personnel against run heavy formations and getting away with it too often.

People have DBs doing kill shots that stop big backs and TEs cold with the hit stick.

So there are a lot of imbalances which have been around a long time.

And in this particular version, you can have defenders undercut the passes by 5 yards, sometimes more so you don't have super leaping LBs anymore but they can "cover" faster TEs and even some WRs.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #148
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
Audibling down is bad but there are people using dime and quarters personnel against run heavy formations and getting away with it too often.

People have DBs doing kill shots that stop big backs and TEs cold with the hit stick.

So there are a lot of imbalances which have been around a long time.

And in this particular version, you can have defenders undercut the passes by 5 yards, sometimes more so you don't have super leaping LBs anymore but they can "cover" faster TEs and even some WRs.
Yes, but I'm not sure there are fixes for that except gutting the entire system and rewriting the entire code. Mind you I think this needs to be done anyways but they are not going to do that. To add, there are DB's who when they see a convoy of linemen pulling on Power plays that try to stack and shed linemen when they should be getting their a$$ on the ground and trying to take out the convoy. But they don't have the animations for it. Ultimately, we are stuck in EA's universe where some things can be "addressed" in one cycle and others will most likely never get addressed.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm sure this has already been said but I'll say it again. Make a true owners mode where you are able to spectate the games in franchise mode. Madden 12 has this feature but it has been missing in the most recent editions.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #150
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I want to start a career as a player, and get drafted. I don't want to just pick which team I want to play for. I want to have to go to the combine and do work outs. Then sit through the draft. And play a player career that way. I really don't like this current setup careers on the player side.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #151
Rookie

thatmanGriffin's Arena

I want a practice squad, active/inactive list not all 53 players dress only 46 dress.

Seperate depth charts for 43 and 34 defense.

No more specific position labels. Example Lt, rt, rg, lg, rde, Lde. Positions need to T, G or OL. DE, NT, DT, DL. OLB or LB, ILB. CB, DB, S.

Please!!! Add new gear. Multicolored gloves (nike, under armour, Reebok) and cleats (under armour, adidas, nike) Black lite, normal and max wrist tape. Knee braces, ankle braces. Ankle tape doesn't need to be bulky. Mouth pieces, single arm sleeves in both main and secondary team colors.

And teams wear leg sleeves with adjustable sock lengths. Example chiefs wear red leg sleeves at home with red and white stripe socks. They wear white leg sleeves with white stripes socks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #152
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

one thing i would like in cfm is to be able to control multiple people for the same franchise. i would like to be able to make both a gm and a coach but have them go to the same team.

i would also like to see al michaels back in the booth. best video game football commentary ever lol. for some reason i never got tired of listening to him in the old games. he just never got stale to me.

presentation needs a major overhaul. i liked where they were going with 10 i think with the everything you see on sunday. the only problem i had was that it was too mixed. i want to see everything you see on tv. you rarely see the player runouts and things like that on tv. but they need to add "commercial" breaks with a highlight play or two before them (not actual commercials but just where the screen will fade out then back in a few seconds later). have full highlight reels between quarters. basically they halftime reel from cg madden 25 should actually occur after the first and third quarters. then they need to add in a full halftime report from the studio with scores and *highlights* <---(very important) from around the league. then dont do a postgame report. instead have a weekly wrap up similar to what nfl 2k5 did. full reports from multiple games with highlights (as in more than a single play) from those games.

they also need to add true footplanting for every player on the field. the whold "true step" with the run game is great but it would be nice if all 22 players had that same tech. couple this with revamping the challenge system. if every player is actually planting their feet on every step then they can do a true challenge system for things like sideline catches. i had a play the other day where i caught the ball about 3 feet from the sideline and should have easily come down with it (in stride) but it was called incomplete. i challenged it of course thinking there was no way he didnt get both feet down since i saw him take two steps. well when looking at the replay i didnt get both feet inbounds because of the sliding. basically i ended up getting one foot down then as he started to put the other one down the first foot slid over and pushed the other foot out of bounds. so i wasted a timeout on what should have been an easy catch inbounds.

ah so many ideas lol.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 01-07-2014 at 11:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »