Home

Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #153
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollo29
These may have been mentioned before but i think that a player like Peyton Manning should be able to audible from formation to formation while players that have less experience and lower game management ability to only be able to audible within the formation.

Also there needs to be mistakes on offense like miscommunications between qbs and receivers. And more option routes for receivers like whether to run a curl or run a slant etc...
as awesome as that would be i dont think that one will happen. i remember them talking about fumbled snaps not being in the game because people would get too upset if it happened on a game winning drive or fg. personally i would rather they add all of it and just have the option of turning it off if you dont want it to happen.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #154
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by princejr226
They should add in the Tony Bruno show again, training camp where you can pick player and do certain challenges to increase there stats ala Madden 2005. Also get rid of xp and go back to preseason, week 4,8,12,16 progression based on performance. Maybe make teams that play worse on the road like the Saints and Seahawks ratings decrease and at home increase make it more realistic.
Stats based progression is highly unrealistic.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #155
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMHOTCHEEZE
I don't know why you guys hate the XP system so much.
Because it is completely unrealistic.

Quote:
It is much better than the extremely flawed potential system. A C rating player is useless since they will never get above 80.
Some players in the NFL will never be better than average. A potential system realistically reflects this.

Quote:
The XP system is more about statistics and less about a potential rating
Which makes it very unrealistic.

Quote:
which is the way it should be.
We are just after different things. Nothing wrong with you liking the XP system. You and I just disagree on how it should be, or what we want/like. I guess there is nothing wrong with a difference of opinion.

Hope this helps you understand why some of us DON'T like the current XP progression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 11:13 PM   #156
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

I second for whoever already said overhaul player movement for the players that don't have the ball. The DB/WR interactions... all of that.

Also scrap all the catch animations because it just seems like the catch animations were built for a sub par video game at best.

Also I wish there were manual buttons for stutter/hesitation moves. I think the stick work could be innovated better. Something like double tapping the RS to the left so the player can do a hesitation/stutter step move to the left, double tap forward for a freeze (move in place) hesitation move. I wish I could be able to control the player to where he can do early Devin Hester type moves.

Oh yeah and lastly and definitely not most importantly, new equipment. The NFL has a contract with Nike so why in the world do we only have Nike cleats from like 3 years ago. There is such a small selection when it comes to gloves and cleats. It should be similar to NBA 2k as far as the variety we have to choose from. The selection should be almost comparable to an Eastbay catalog. I see why is wasn't possible last gen but now we our in the new gen. Plus players have sponsors. It seems like there is no love showed for Adidas or Under Armour at all. Those big Adidas basketball shoes that Reggie Bush wears have got to go...that's corny bro.

Last edited by carvis#15; 01-07-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #157
Rookie

minoguerrover's Arena

I think something has to be done about rookie scouting this whole scouting points thing just drives me insane i liked back in the older maddens when you had a set number of scouting reports available which updated weekly and think something along those lines should be brought back
Old 01-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #158
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
We're at Next-Gen (well, current gen now, I guess), and that means there can't be any technological limit excuses. I mean, there just can't be. It's go time.

IN-GAME
Passing
We've seen the modifier for the running back/ball-handler. It's time we modify the passing game. QBs have the ability to modify the trajectory of their passes to best fit the route the receive is running. Like you hold L2 or LT to modify the running back, if you have a quarterback the has his feet set, holding the same buttons and using the left stick, the trajectory should be modified. And of course the accuracy for this should depend on the QB (Tom Brady would be able to complete a pass over a linebacker easier than Blaine Gabbert would).

AI: Best Way of Winning
Not only should the AI play better, but it should be able to recognize the best way to win. If you haven't noticed, during games, players' overalls do change, depending on how the game is going and how they are playing. So, if a usually 78 OVR Chad Henne throws three interceptions in the first half, his OVR should be a low 70, and the AI should realize that the now 76 OVR Blaine Gabbert is the better option and should bench Henne. This should also happen in CC, but that'll be explained later. Obviously, other AI improvements must be made, including dynamic team AI. The New England Patriots should have a very aggressive pass offense, while the Browns should focus more on short passes and running the ball.

Presentation
Nantz and Sims were cool for the first game of Madden 13, now they are stale as hell. It's so bad, the best commentary is no commentary. Fix up, add a lot more phrases, details about certain players, etc. Maybe even patches to add more throughout the year. ANYTHING to make this better. A half-time show would be great to, and a ticker (In CC/CF mode, ticker for your league, for MP or quick game, live stats). And the weird cutscenes after sacks and TDs have to stop. They are awkward, repetitive and annoying. They should be in game and have more variety. I'm tired of seeing my QB hop around with both arms up every time he throws a TD. C'MON EA.

Player Movements
Interactions between DBs and WRs need to be there and more obvious. QB sack animations as well should be added.

Penalties and Challenges
"Chopping" is irrelevant. "Block in the Back" is what it's called and that needs to be updated. We also see a lot of "Defensive Holding", "Illegal Contact", and "Illegal Use of the Hands" more often nowadays. These, along with "Horse Collar" should be added. I think "Hitting a Defenseless Receiver" could be apart of the game as well, but it could be weird to implement.
When challenging, you should have options on what to challenge. And if you are on Defense, make up your mind quick because the AI should be advanced enough to try to snap the ball before you challenge, and vice-versa.

Misc.
Fans should adapt to the weather; if it's hot, they wear shorts/if it's cold, they wear coats. Players should be more animated on sidelines. If there is a big play, sidelines should be running towards the end zones. We should see Refs throw flags and kids should be apart of the crowds so players like RGIII can hand them balls. Celebrations should have dregree levels, players like Steve Smith should do comical and fun onces, players like Stevan Ridley should have specific ones.

And players like Andrew Luck should have lesser ones, just a few high-fives with other players or a simple jog back to the sideline.

Connected Franchise Mode (Owner Mode specifically)
Dynamic Team AI
New England Patriots should always play an aggressive, vertical pass game. In the case that a player like Rob Gronkowski gets hurt, a team should adjust their gameplan: the Pats would rely more on other receivers in a conservative pass game or on run game.

AI Best Chance of Winning
Like earlier, this deals with the depth chart. Players should either progress or regress after each week, like cold and hot streaks. If Mike Vick has been playing badly the past few weeks, Nick Foles should be set as starter and given a shot to win a game.
This also would create POSITION BATTLES: Two-three players with very close OVRs should compete in the preseason, and the one who plays the best would be awarded the starting position.

Team Scouting
You should be able to scout opposing teams, look at their tendencies on certain downs and situations, etc.

Training Camp/Offseason Workouts
Simple: Select players to work out in offseason and run through practice situations in training camp (NOTE: Players should be in practice uniforms, not full pads).

AI Replacement
(For sake of consistency) Tom Brady retires and depending on Ryan Mallett's rating, that would affect the draft choice. For instance, Ryan Mallett had worked his tail off in the preseason and is doing well in the offseason/81-83 OVR= Patriots fill other positions in FA or draft. OR, Ryan Mallett doesn't progress well/75-78 OVR= Patriots look in draft or FA. I'm tired of seeing of QB with a 86 rating on a team that drafts a QB with a low-high 80 rating (This just happened today: Cowboys drafted a QB with an 84 OVR with Tony Romo at an 87, after playing a Pro Bowl season and leading in least interception for starting QBs).

In-Depth Roster Management
53 active player roster, with a full-working PUP and +IR, plus an 8-man Practice Squad. Teams should be able to sign players off of other teams practice squads.

Misc.
Add back the "end of the week show" back from Madden 11. Relocation should allow you to create your own uniforms. Realistic AI trades. More coaching positions/more coaches. Injury-depth: "Probable, Doubtful, Game Time Decision"- If GTD, decision is made before coin toss.

This is all I really want in the next (couple) installment(s) of Madden. They seems fairly simple, and not asking for too much. Just somethings that seem necessary.
I read stuff like this and I'm amazed at the depth that this game could have. So many things missing. Excellent post my friend. EA, hire this guys ideas.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #159
Rookie

OVR: 4

1) Please put back in a regular offline season mode !!! with 32 team control. offline players are pining for it big time.

2) put back in the ability to shut off the exasperatingly long instant replays ( like Madden 10 had ).

3) the announcers are great, but get a license to have cbs or fox integrated music and logos, etc to add to presentation....like Ncaa 10 basketball !!!

4) make the sliders for CPU much more sensitive like in the NCAA football games or madden on the ps2 or old xbox...they were great sliders for cpu.

5) ability to add our own music in when PS4 adds patch for CD's and MP3's.....

6) CPU vs CPU spectator in that offline season mode!!!!

that's it for me.....anyone else like some of these?

thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #160
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Can we get a darn soundtrack?

Man.

Plus the in stadium "Pump up" music needs to be added upon and we should be able to edit the songs for certain slots (first down, TD, timeout, 2 minute warning.. Etc).

Please add on and do not replace the current songs. Give us more more more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »