Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 02-09-2014, 04:35 AM   #210
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Home field advantage plays a big role in the NFL, so why not in the game?
I think there should be specific advantages that affect the away team. For example a decrease in awareness when playing in a rowdy stadium like in Seattle and KC. Also away players should become fatigued quicker when playing in Mile High.
There should be a constant momentum bar because momentum is a huge part of games as well. Whomever the home team is would start with an advantage for having the fans behind them, then things like TDs, sacks, ints, big gains, would affect the momentum.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:40 AM   #211
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoDodge
Home field advantage plays a big role in the NFL, so why not in the game?
I think there should be specific advantages that affect the away team. For example a decrease in awareness when playing in a rowdy stadium like in Seattle and KC. Also away players should become fatigued quicker when playing in Mile High.
There should be a constant momentum bar because momentum is a huge part of games as well. Whomever the home team is would start with an advantage for having the fans behind them, then things like TDs, sacks, ints, big gains, would affect the momentum.
I forgot to mention but who has the momentum advantage would receive a rating boost in key ratings and the team without would receive a slight drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #212
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

All right, I got a few more ideas:
Extended Attributes
Quarterbacks

The last time the Passing game was truly revolutionized was when EA added the "Short Pass Accuracy", "Deep Pass Accuracy", etc. Ratings. Now, coupled with a lot more QB animations, some new ratings should be brought forth. But for the moment, I can only think of one for now:
Pocket Mobility
Quarterbacks like Eli Manning, Russel Wilson, and Drew Brees have an amazing quality to escape pressure by dipping, dodging, and ducking approaching defenders. With this rating, it would determine how well a Quarterback would be able to use the new QB animations and avoid defenders. (Assuming EA's focus is defense and the pass game.)

Connected Franchise Mode
1. Change the name. It's fine if you're playing online, but if it's offline, it's not really "connected." Just bring back to Franchise Mode.
2. At the press of a button, I would like to have control of every team. This should only work if I'm playing it as an owner. As for a coach, well you're a coach for that team.
3. Mid-Season Coach firing.
4. I think EA has really no choice with this one if they don't want a lot of upset fans. Customizable Draft Classes.
5. NFL Head Coach 09 coaching, game planning, and management depth. That little update show with Scheffler was cool, but it should be optional.
6. During the preseason, more than just the second-stringers should play. There are two ways of doing this: One, make it a coach slider before the preseason starts. You look at your roster and decide how much each position should play within the preseason. So, if you are like the Jags of the 2013-14 season, Gabbert and Henne should play even amounts until you are certain who should play. Two: While in-game, hitting a button in the depth chart menu should switch the rotations. This should also work in the Regular Season during blowouts.
7. Switch Team Control Mid-Game. I really like this because I can add some realism to the game, for me at least. If the opposing team's QB throws 4 picks, I like to go to the other team and switch QBs. But, hopefully EA makes the AI smart enough to fix this themselves.
8. Revamp the auto-subs system. It had literally never worked and takes way too much to work out. Make it simple: If I want to have a two HB running attack, have that just be an option and I choose how I want them to split time. (I am currently working on a diagram to show this.)

Player Roles and Weapons
This was the coolest thing back in Madden 08-09 (I think). Roles then reappeared in Madden 12 and I'm not sure that they've been back since. But, they do add a lot of depth to the game and I love them. Here is what we should have:
QB: Pocket Passer (Manning), Strong Arm (Palmer), Game Manager (Brees), Clutch Performer (Brady), Field General (Manning or Brady), QB of the Future (R. Wilson), Franchise QB (Rodgers, Luck), Bust (Carr, J. Russel), Overrated (Cutler, E. Manning), True Back Up (McCowns).
HB: Scat-Back (Bush), Power Back (Lynch), Fumbler (Ridley), Receiving Back (Woodhead), Premier Back (Peterson).
Stuff like this would be great.

And the last thing, as a totally personal want, is a farther camera view for the Broadcast Camera. It's my favorite, I love playing on it, but I can't really see the secondary all that well. Just a little something.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #213
Rookie

OVR: 1

Some small things I'd like to see:

Fix the AI 2-point logic. One example - CPU is up 16-3 with 14:00 left in the 3rd. They score a TD (22-3 now) and go for 2. No NFL coach (outside of maybe Steve Spurrier in the day) would go for 2 in that situation. Most don't go for 2 until at least the end of the 3rd qtr. and more realistically not until the 4th (unless it's a blowout like 35-3 and the losing team might go for 2 earlier needing 4 TDs & 2 pointers to tie).

Scoreboards should look pretty much identical to the actual stadium boards. If San Diego Studios can do it with MLB scoreboards on a PS3, Tiburon should be able to do it on Next Gen.

Clock rules for dead ball penalties have never been implemented correctly. The clock should run after a false-start penalty (for example) when spotted ready for play if the clock was running when the penalty was called (except last 2 min. 1st half, last 5 min 2nd half). This has been broken for years. Also, the 10-second runoff "penalty" is not in the game. I had situation in which the CPU was out of timeouts late in the 4th, a penalty was called when the clock was running, and 10 seconds were not removed from the game clock. When you're the officially-licensed game of the NFL, these basic timing rules should be in the game.

Better playcall logic, particularly in late-game situations. Have seen the CPU throwing the ball deep in their own territory with 2/3 TD lead in last two minutes of game, running a play in a kneel-down situation when the other team has no more timeouts, kicking 50+ yard field goals with more than one-score lead with under 2 minutes left when punting would be more logical, among other examples.

Better CPU punting. Even with accuracy maxed out, too many touchbacks. Better/more AI fair-catches would be nice, too. It seems every punt is returned - AI punters don't try to hang punts inside the 20 like actual punters do.

I had not bought Madden in years, and was pleasantly surprised by this year's game. It is a good foundation on which to build, and I hope that Tiburon will listen to the many great suggestions here on Operation Sports (and elsewhere) to make next year's game even better.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #214
Rookie

I don't know if anybody else has posted this, but it is something that I believe needs to be in the next game:

IMPROVE THE SCOUTING ON NFL DRAFT
Every NFL franchise has access to view and scout EVERY player going into the NFL Draft. The current scouting in Madden 14 (25) is completely bogus and unrealistic. On a good play through I can maybe scout 40 to 50 players and that is it. They need to go back to a system in which you know an accurate representation on every player coming out of College. The idea that a franchise only know 40 to 50 players coming into the NFL out of 300 to 400 players is absolute BS.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #215
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd like the ability to play defense in practice mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 05:49 PM   #216
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I'd like the ability to play defense in practice mode.
You can. Move the controller to the team on the left.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »