Home

Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #225
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
In a word, REALISM.

All penalties. Realistic amount of penalties. Many penalties aren't even in game.
Realistic amount of INT's and fumbles. WAY too many INT's this year.
Realistic kickoff/punting distance, coverage and return.
Realistic injuries. Lineman never get hurt. If someone gets hurt during a play you should see them pull up in the case of a hamstring injury, etc.
QB's are too accurate. Sliders must be put very low to actually see overthrows/underthrows.
WR's catch balls after taking big hits too often. WR's should drop more balls on big hits but there should also be defenseless reciever hit penalties.

EA - look at average stats for NFL seasons and model the game to return realistic results. The focus on line play was a step in the right direction. Keep up the under the hood fixes. We don't need flash, we need a football SIMULATION!
Problem with that last bit: most people play 6 minute quarters. If you want the game to be realistic, you'd HAVE to play near 15 minutes. Only real hard core sim people do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #226
Pro

Herschie's Arena

The lighting needs to progress much faster, and they need to make it autumn time instead of summer. For example, 4:15 ought to be pitch black by halftime. The 6:30 should look exactly like 8:30. The field should be covered in shadows by the end of a 1:00 game. Or they could make it seasonal too like MLB: The Show does. And NCAA.

This, of course, is in addition to any gameplay fixes that need to be implemented.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #227
Just started!

Here's my big list on how to improve madden, broken down into CFM, Presentation, and Gameplay. I've been holding all these ideas in for a while so this may get lengthy.

Presentation
Hightlight shows: I think the big thing here is adding a highlight show, just as 2k5 did. I mean they did it perfect and that was almost 10 years ago. Madden attempted this before, but the key thing is that you need highlight plays, thats what makes it so interesting to watch. It would also be cool to see a halftime show that shows other highlights happening that day, just as in real life, and a bottom line of course

Better Commentary: This has always been a problem, and I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever be improved. I think my best suggestion would be to make the commentary more dynamic. If a big play happens, let the commentators change the phrases they're saying mid sentence, like nba 2k does. Also, the long deadspots need to be removed, and too many phrases are repeated throughout the same game.

More realism at the end of the game: I hate seeing maybe 20 players on the field at the end of the game, where in real life the entire field is full of people. I'm not one to complain about minor details like this because I think its much more important to focus on gameplay and features, but this one really irks me. Why even show 20 players on the field? It looks so bad

Gameplay

Passing Game: This is my biggest problem with madden. I honestly feel like their goal to balancing easier offense within the game is to just add more interceptions. It is absolutely stunning to me of how the safeties can defend the entire field at ease. Not everyone is Dion Sanders. Here is what I believe the problem is and how to fix it. First off, the defensive players need to quit reacting to the buttons I press on the controller, and start reacting to what they see on the field. D backs are already going to my intended target before my qb releases the ball. But here is what I believe to be the major problem, throw accuracy. Either the ball will go right to where the receiver is going to be, or the throw will be 8 yards off. This leads, to either the ball hitting either the D back or reciever right in the hands, or the ball being incredibly overthrown and underthrown, so really the only time there are incompletions are when a ball is incredibly inaccurate, or a receiver gets hit. What I propose is to add a bunch of missed catch animations. When a qb is inaccurate in real life, this usually leads to the ball going off the fingertips of a receiver or just over his head. Implement this into the game! Rather than the ball always hitting a player in the hands, make a player jump and just barely miss the ball, same with the defenders. A pass looks incredible when it goes just over the defenders outstretched hands and into the receivers hands. Makes you feel like you are throwing into a window. Anyways this should cut down on interceptions while keeping a decent imcompletion ratio to balance offense and defense. Other things I'd like to see in the passing game is better receiver, D back interaction. Add some pushing and shoving which will lead to pass interference. No more sudden increases of speed when the ball is thrown. I hate when I'm throwing a post and my receiver has the inside position but the D back can just cut in front of my pass and knock it down. Receivers need to play the ball better than d backs. If I have calvin johnson or alshon jeffery, if a play breaks down I need to have the ability to just throw it up to them, and they will at least make a play on the ball, rather than letting the d back do whatever they want. Also add the back shoulder throw, and a lot more passing trajectories. I'm still seeing superman picks from players over 10 yards short of where the ball is going because I want to get the ball there quick. And no more defenders being able to run full speed, turn around and jump over 30 inches to intercept a deep ball when my receiver is beating him and Im leading the ball over the top. That should never happen

Running Game: This area of the game is pretty good. I'd like better tackle animations, and for not every juke and spin to look the same, and the stiff arm should not be a guaranteed success. It can get really easy as well, so maybe make it a little more difficult.

Blocking: I'd still like to see more of a pocket. It still seems like the defensive tackles are better pass rushers than the ends, which makes no sense. I should be feeling the need to step up in the pocket more than rolling out if I'm a pocket passer, but thats never the case. I think the biggest improvement would be the ability to stick out a hand while getting blocked and to be able to tackle. 100% of sacks in the game are an unblocked player running at your qb at full speed, which isn't always the case in real life. The same should apply to the running game. Many times a player will magically shed a block and make a solid tackle when I'm running past the block. What should happen is the defender would reach out and make a great tackle while being blocked, or slow the running back down, or stay getting blocked. Also, the game needs to quit focusing on the player the user controls. I like to play as luke kuechly, and its amazing how I get blocked by 3 people and cant get near the ball carrior, yet three unblocked defensive lineman destroy the back.

Pre-Play: I think that the qb should be able to call out a player who's blitzing to help his offensive line pick it up. You should be allowed to call out players that need to be double teamed by blockers, and the computer should do this as well. I hate how easy it is for a player to get 5 sacks in one game. It would be fun to make the game more of a chess match.

CFM

Scouting/Drafting: This current system has no realism what soever. If you want to see a good system, go play NFL head coach. Essentially you should be able to read all their combine stats. Send scouts to school's pro days. Invite a limited amount of players for personal workouts and interviews (to help with awareness or personality). Madden 12 did a decent job with this, although it did not give good information relative to those events. It shouldn't tell you exact ratings, but maybe a range of ratings such as 91-95 or A-. It would also be cool to have a budget for scouting, such as you can hire more scouts to attend more pro days and things of that nature. Also, as many other people have mentioned, the ability to edit and share draft classes. It would be cool if you could play in the senior bowl also, to help get an idea of how good the players are.

Personnel: Once again, take note from NFL head coach. I want to be able to hire every positional coach, and offensive and defensive coordinators that all gain experience based on their position's performance and overall team performance. The more in depth and realism the better. Also this should allow you to start out as any type of coach, say a defensive line coach, where you can only control the defensive line in a game. Then you can work your way to the top. Former players should be able to do this. When upgrading these coaches, use the system used in head coach 09, that was perfect. Also there needs to be a GM!

Player Improvement: I appreciate the goal to incorporate RPG elements into madden, but once again I think it takes away from the realism of the game. I think the player should improve based on the quality of the coaching staff, his performance on the field, and his potential. I think the computer should handle it again, but you tell your coaches what the player should work on such as athleticism, catching, pass rushing etc. and the computer will focus on improving that. Off season workouts and things like that would be nice to throw back into the game also to help your team get better.

Chemistry: Here's a fun little idea. You're offense and defense each have a chemistry rating that affects their awareness rating. Say you have 87% chemestry, then it multiplies your awareness by .87, or maybe not quite as dramatic as that. The longer you keep the same coaching staff in place, the better the team chemistry gets. The longer you have the same players the better you're chemistry is. If you start a new qb or a new player of any position, everyone's chemistry decreases and gradually builds up again over time. If you change schemes, than you take a chemistry hit.

Player Mode: there should be able to be two or more players on the same team. NCAA camera angles zoomed in on the players. You shouldnt choose plays or hike the ball unless you are a qb. Better controls when you are a receiver, such as a button to cut or push off a d back.

Miscellaneous: Ability to front load or back load a contract. Make falling into the salary cap a little more difficult (This might be because I always do fantasy drafts, but I've never had trouble staying under the cap and I feel like I could always get as many and whichever players I wanted in free agency). A practice mode to just run plays with your team. Weekly practice that you dont actually play, but rather focus on offensive and defensive aspects that increase ratings for the next upcoming game (ie. stop the run, improves block shedding, pursuit. Run outside, improves run blocking and awareness). Scouting reports for opponents schemes. More in depth scheming, such as if I want to utilize a two tight end set a lot, or utilize a two or three back system, and control how many carries I want each back to get when I simulate a game. More realistic simulation stats. More awards and better pro bowl offensive lineman selection. More player ratings, bring back Run and pass blocking footwork/strength. Give other player footwork ratings. Have player suspensions based on personality, such as players failing drug tests or other things.

Well I know that was incredibly long and tedious, but I feel better now and I hope you at least appreciate my ideas. End rant
Old 02-24-2014, 11:05 PM   #228
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Considering that the NFL Combine runs for 6 straight days on the NFL network. You would think that EA would emphasize that for CCM and also add a Senior Bowl.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 02-25-2014, 12:15 AM   #229
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Considering that the NFL Combine runs for 6 straight days on the NFL network. You would think that EA would emphasize that for CCM and also add a Senior Bowl.
Second this..It would at to real life.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2014, 12:24 AM   #230
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Second this..It would at to real life.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

They really need to work on the whole off season.

From scouting combine to senior bowl to free agency with restricted free agents. And add visuals to the draft to include Goodell and the rookies for the first round.

There is so much they could do off season and during the season (halftime show/weekly recap with highlights from other games). Even would like to see if I'm playing a Thursday night game during halftime have them talk about what big games are Sunday (2K does this during timeouts)

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 02-25-2014, 12:47 AM   #231
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Custom sub packages -

Formation subs - even the permanent ones that I keep seeing people ask for are not nearly as flexible as custom packages from the ps2 days.

In one single formation you can have multiple "packages" like 3rd HB, 2nd team, 2nd QB + TE slot + 3rd RB and on and on. That means you can come out in the same formation with an "inside RB" for a dive play and then the next play sub in your "speed RB" for a sweep/toss play.

The only thing that was not included in the PS2 custom packages was special teams - which I obviously would want fixed. You could create a "hands" team package for kick returns, that way you can audible to onside recover with better personnel - especially useful for games against that jack wagon who thinks that onside kicks are some kind of "strategy" in the first half...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 01:52 AM   #232
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Scouting!!!

Someone explain this "expletive deleted" to me;

I have never coached at any level. Despite that I can go online right now and get every measurable recorded at the combine - everything from wingspan, to shuttle times, to vertical leaps...

...so why in the "expletive deleted" in Madden do I get none of these numbers???

I am all for "busts/gems", but the way you accomplish these is not through the guessing game garbage that is scouting in M12/25. The way you accomplish these things is by having "development" a hidden trait and separating the players by larger margins in the non-physical or "technique/intangible" attributes. IE- AWR MCV ZCV BSH, FMV, PMV, TRK, ELU, PRC, RR, SPC plus INJ/STA/TGH and so on.

The scouting "department" that you hire should have strengths and weaknesses - maybe your scouting team is very good at evaluating DUR (INJ/STA/TGH) so you can rely on those numbers fairly well, but they struggle with pinpointing PBK, RBK, and AWR which means they may be off as much as ten points in those areas. You should get basic scouting reports on every player - essentially you get every rating in dumby blocks of A,B,C,D,F then when you "spend scouting points" on individual players it should equate to watching their film - meaning you get a little more fleshed out ratings scale by the addition of +/- to the letters.

If you go to the "Senior Bowl" (at a cost of some points) you get more fleshed out numbers on those players - ALL OF THE PLAYERS PRESENT...

Next, you have the combine - the letter grades for "physical" attributes then become numbers 22 bench reps, 4.55 40 time and the more you have spent on these players in season the more accurate your scouting report becomes.

Example; you have spent 2 blocks of points on a DT, he plays at the Senior Bowl, then does all the drills at the combine. Let's say he runs a very fast time for someone his size and has a great 10 yard split - but your scouting department says (in a lil blip on his scouting report) "Combine numbers indicate a better athlete than we saw on film" and his combine numbers fade in color or become darker. Then let's say he decides to skip his pro day - you get no further indication of his abilities unless you invite him in for a workout - which you only get a limited number of players to bring in. So, imagine he is a 1st rd prospect roughly projected in range of your draft position - you may want to include him in your "private workouts", but if he is a 4th rd prospect you may be just wait and take a flier on him at some point later in the draft if he is there and no one who really trips your trigger value wise is left on the board.

Same player, you decided to bring him in for the "private workout" and he tested well again - your scouting department is not real good at determining "block shedding" awr or PMV/FMV but you need a DT and you draft him - you go look at his ratings and see that he has 69 block shed, 55 awr/prc, and 67 for both PMV/FMV - not the worst, but until pre-season is over his "development" and OVR rating remains hidden. Then you have to decide to keep him or cut him without knowing his development potential. You keep him and then find out - "slow" development. Now you have a 1st rd bust, congratulations you are now on a path to be Jerry Jones.

And all of that doesn't mean he can't be a productive part of your team, he may even start and with his physical gifts you may be able to develop him into a mid 80 rated player before age starts to decline his physical skills...

Same player, same ratings, but 4th rd guy, you decide "what the heck" - you keep on the 53 (55 whatever it is) man roster and he has "fast" development. Now you just struck gold.

The other thing Madden needs is a "user controlled" Draft Board!
Similar to NCAA Football's "Recruit Board".
Here you should be able to rank players you like in the order you like them, remove players altogether (meaning if you have to miss your CFM's draft the CPU will not take the players you removed from your board).
The ranking you give players could start "rumors" on the "Twitter feed", but only in cases where you "over value" a player - so user teams won't down grade great prospects to drop their draft stock. You might get something like Adam Schefter -"Ray Stone is climbing war room walls" #risingstock - meaning that somewhere in your Madden world someone has ranked him higher than he is listed - thus creating a scenario where user "scouting" is impacting CPU draft boards - and possibly tipping off user opponents...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »