Home

Old 02-25-2014, 02:45 PM   #233
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
They really need to work on the whole off season.

From scouting combine to senior bowl to free agency with restricted free agents. And add visuals to the draft to include Goodell and the rookies for the first round.

There is so much they could do off season and during the season (halftime show/weekly recap with highlights from other games). Even would like to see if I'm playing a Thursday night game during halftime have them talk about what big games are Sunday (2K does this during timeouts)
Yeah i agree and they should have the first round piks walking up and putting the hat on of the team that drafted them and shake hands with Goodell and holding the jersey up.That is long over do for this game.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #234
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Get your Goodell on!!!

A new set of features for commissioners, both for offline and online CFMs.

Set trade limits - 1,2,3 per season and if possible 1,2,3 per life of CFM for more strict franchises including multiple users and CPU teams

Set trades to require Commish approval (mostly useful for H2H trades)

Punitive capabilities - remove draft picks, cap penalties, suspensions (suspensions useful for 1st time offense of rules, forces a user to "sit out" thus having games simmed for them)

Feature toggles - expanded from the ones already in the game like; trade deadline, injuries on/off, etc

New ones; practice for XP on/off (unless of course EA finally includes a "sim it" feature for practice and includes the CPU getting points for "practice")
custom playbooks on/off
heat seeker
ballhawk
auto strafe
coach mode
each attribute on/off for XP purchases
Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #235
Rookie

more in depth presentation add NFL network to madden along with the commentary. . Fix mechanics of rolling left with a right hand qb.. That 360 spin move to throw the ball is horrendous... more animations between db and wr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 07:08 AM   #236
Just started!

Hell I'd be happy with realistic subs. I'll use cj all game and at the end he will be tired and will not come back

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2014, 07:11 AM   #237
Just started!

One more think. Make the com run the ball. Do like NCAA did and make coaching philosophys

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2014, 01:36 AM   #238
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Consecutive hits, consecutive hits, consecutive hits and just in case you missed it, consecutive hits!!!

What floors me about this issue, other than the high level of embarrassment it should be to someone who works on Madden that this even needs mention in a "wish list", is that it was on the dang PS2 version of the game!

There may not be any more frustrating thing in Madden than watching a ball carrier in a "tackle attempt" animation matriculate the ball down the field dragging one defender while 3 other defenders just watch. Yes, there are several things that might be equally frustrating but none top this.

See video;
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doqh4cwVCVo
Old 03-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #239
Rookie

packers96's Arena

Injured players who were away for a week, I could not use them in games in Play Now mode during this time, forcing me to get a player in free agency.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:16 AM   #240
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

I think scouting should consist of an actual combine mini-game where you can see the players, then of course all their measurements, and then various interviews that give hints as to what type of man/player they will be and develop into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Scouting!!!

Someone explain this "expletive deleted" to me;

I have never coached at any level. Despite that I can go online right now and get every measurable recorded at the combine - everything from wingspan, to shuttle times, to vertical leaps...

...so why in the "expletive deleted" in Madden do I get none of these numbers???

I am all for "busts/gems", but the way you accomplish these is not through the guessing game garbage that is scouting in M12/25. The way you accomplish these things is by having "development" a hidden trait and separating the players by larger margins in the non-physical or "technique/intangible" attributes. IE- AWR MCV ZCV BSH, FMV, PMV, TRK, ELU, PRC, RR, SPC plus INJ/STA/TGH and so on.

The scouting "department" that you hire should have strengths and weaknesses - maybe your scouting team is very good at evaluating DUR (INJ/STA/TGH) so you can rely on those numbers fairly well, but they struggle with pinpointing PBK, RBK, and AWR which means they may be off as much as ten points in those areas. You should get basic scouting reports on every player - essentially you get every rating in dumby blocks of A,B,C,D,F then when you "spend scouting points" on individual players it should equate to watching their film - meaning you get a little more fleshed out ratings scale by the addition of +/- to the letters.

If you go to the "Senior Bowl" (at a cost of some points) you get more fleshed out numbers on those players - ALL OF THE PLAYERS PRESENT...

Next, you have the combine - the letter grades for "physical" attributes then become numbers 22 bench reps, 4.55 40 time and the more you have spent on these players in season the more accurate your scouting report becomes.

Example; you have spent 2 blocks of points on a DT, he plays at the Senior Bowl, then does all the drills at the combine. Let's say he runs a very fast time for someone his size and has a great 10 yard split - but your scouting department says (in a lil blip on his scouting report) "Combine numbers indicate a better athlete than we saw on film" and his combine numbers fade in color or become darker. Then let's say he decides to skip his pro day - you get no further indication of his abilities unless you invite him in for a workout - which you only get a limited number of players to bring in. So, imagine he is a 1st rd prospect roughly projected in range of your draft position - you may want to include him in your "private workouts", but if he is a 4th rd prospect you may be just wait and take a flier on him at some point later in the draft if he is there and no one who really trips your trigger value wise is left on the board.

Same player, you decided to bring him in for the "private workout" and he tested well again - your scouting department is not real good at determining "block shedding" awr or PMV/FMV but you need a DT and you draft him - you go look at his ratings and see that he has 69 block shed, 55 awr/prc, and 67 for both PMV/FMV - not the worst, but until pre-season is over his "development" and OVR rating remains hidden. Then you have to decide to keep him or cut him without knowing his development potential. You keep him and then find out - "slow" development. Now you have a 1st rd bust, congratulations you are now on a path to be Jerry Jones.

And all of that doesn't mean he can't be a productive part of your team, he may even start and with his physical gifts you may be able to develop him into a mid 80 rated player before age starts to decline his physical skills...

Same player, same ratings, but 4th rd guy, you decide "what the heck" - you keep on the 53 (55 whatever it is) man roster and he has "fast" development. Now you just struck gold.

The other thing Madden needs is a "user controlled" Draft Board!
Similar to NCAA Football's "Recruit Board".
Here you should be able to rank players you like in the order you like them, remove players altogether (meaning if you have to miss your CFM's draft the CPU will not take the players you removed from your board).
The ranking you give players could start "rumors" on the "Twitter feed", but only in cases where you "over value" a player - so user teams won't down grade great prospects to drop their draft stock. You might get something like Adam Schefter -"Ray Stone is climbing war room walls" #risingstock - meaning that somewhere in your Madden world someone has ranked him higher than he is listed - thus creating a scenario where user "scouting" is impacting CPU draft boards - and possibly tipping off user opponents...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »