Home

Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-10-2014, 01:06 AM   #241
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Revamped Connected Career Player Mode
This should be more cinematic, similar to 2Ks MyCareer.

Position Breakdowns
Quarterbacks: Cannon Arm, Precision Passer, Scrambler, West Coast, Balanced Field General.
Running Backs/Full Backs Speed, Power, One-Cut, Balanced, Receiving.
Tight End: Receiving, Blocking, Balanced.
Receivers: Possession, Red Zone Target, Route Runner, Speed.
Defensive Ends: Special Move, Pass Rusher, Run Stopper, Balanced.
Defensive Tackles: Pass Rusher, Run Stopper, Balanced.
Linebackers: Field General, Big Hitter, Coverage.
Defensive Backs: Press, Man Coverage, Zone Coverage, Protoype.

NFL Combine
This works one of two ways: One, you participate in it and how you perform determines your prospect rank. Two: You skip this and choose your prospect rank. The combine features 40 yard dash, bench press, etc.

Prospect Rank
High-Ranked Prospect You're the cream of the crop. The Peyton Manning of your draft class. Destined to be picked top ten. your combine was near perfect. You'll attend the draft and wait anxiously as your name is called. Your rating will range from low to mid 80s and being #1 on the depth chart is almost guaranteed.

Mid-Round Prospect: Your combine was decent, some flaws that stood out, but could still be an upright player. You'll attend the draft, but there are no hopes of going in the first round, and probably not the second. You probably won't start, but the preseason could change that. Rating ranges from low-high 70s.

Late-Round Prospect: You're not the best, but you're okay. You are not on any team's draft board, but you could be a gem that a team can find in the 6th or 7th round. You do not attend the draft, but you wait near your phone hoping for the call. Starting would not be an option, but you could definitely compete for an important role. Rating: High 60s.

Undrafted Prospect: You just weren't impressive in your college career and (if combine skipped) wasn't invited to the combine. You wait at home, hoping to go in the 7th round, but nothing happens. Hopefully you're invited to someone's training camp... (Rating: Mid-to-high 60s).

Draft
High-Ranked and Midrounders can watch the draft in a cutscene where their pick (randomly generated based on position and team needs) is called. Other prospects will get a call at their home from a team if they are drafted. This is exempted from the Undrafted Prospect, as they will get a call from a team of their choice and join their team for a training camp spot.

Training Camp
You compete against other players in position specific drills over a five-period course (representing full training camp). As long as you come in top 5 for the position, you make the preseason roster. High-Ranked Prospects are guaranteed this, and Mid-Rounders are almost guaranteed a spot as well. Late-rounders and Undrafted prospects will need to fight like hell to make a spot or may find themselves cut from the team. (Will be picked up in free agency during preseason and given reps.)

Preseason: Prospects will be given reps during these games. This is where all prospects can show their skills and High-Ranked and Midrounders can enter position battles and attempt to win the starting spot. Other prospects can fight for spots as well.

(To be continued)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 02:44 AM   #242
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Revamped Connected Career Player Mode
This should be more cinematic, similar to 2Ks MyCareer.

This is one idea, actually the whole game mode, that I can never ever understand or support.
MUT and "player mode" should go the way of the dodo until EA can make a football game that actually plays like football...

Last edited by Trick13; 03-10-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:04 AM   #243
Rookie

Actually I think the player models should be a regular human body with all the pads added on separately.. If it's like that, then we should be able to see the grass go up into the shoulder pads etc
Old 03-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #244
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold_Fries
Actually I think the player models should be a regular human body with all the pads added on separately.. If it's like that, then we should be able to see the grass go up into the shoulder pads etc
That's not a bad idea actually. I can imagine it might produce some interesting glitches the first year though lol.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #245
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
This is one idea, actually the whole game mode, that I can never ever understand or support.
MUT and "player mode" should go the way of the dodo until EA can make a football game that actually plays like football...
MUT goes away, as well as maybe 50-60% of the consumers. I don't like it and I'd be totally cool if it was gone, and I'm sure a lot of OS wouldn't mind either. But, all the "hardcore online" gamers (which there are a lot of) would flip their ****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #246
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
MUT goes away, as well as maybe 50-60% of the consumers. I don't like it and I'd be totally cool if it was gone, and I'm sure a lot of OS wouldn't mind either. But, all the "hardcore online" gamers (which there are a lot of) would flip their ****.

Those are not "hardcore" anything, never mind being hardcore Madden gamers. It's a stupid mash up of fantasy football (complete waste of time and severely annoying as all these dopey "experts" are wasting time telling nimrods who to start/sit) and collecting cards like Magic/Pokémon - total and utter waste of development time/energy...

Of course, it is of little consequence because as long as EA has the NFL license to themselves - they will continue to half-"expletive deleted" everything they do...
Old 03-12-2014, 07:35 AM   #247
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Couldn't agree more with last two posts. I have been in complete disagreement with MUT since it started.

They had and still have huge issues that need work and they created and keep focusing their attention on MUT. I understand why because it brings money in when people buy packs.

But still think it was a complete waste of time and focus.

Just my opinion.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #248
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Those are not "hardcore" anything, never mind being hardcore Madden gamers. It's a stupid mash up of fantasy football (complete waste of time and severely annoying as all these dopey "experts" are wasting time telling nimrods who to start/sit) and collecting cards like Magic/Pokémon - total and utter waste of development time/energy...

Of course, it is of little consequence because as long as EA has the NFL license to themselves - they will continue to half-"expletive deleted" everything they do...
I could not agree more with you. If they take half the time they put into MUT and put into the actual gameplay, who knows where we could be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »