Home

Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-15-2014, 12:08 AM   #305
Pro

smiley3's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Halftime shows and in game highlights from other games would be nice!! Maybe espn presentation!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #306
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

How about a REALISTIC game for a change!!!! Without having to A) figure out what slider actually means what and B) whether it is revered.
Not the same thing game in and game out. If CPU wins toss they receive. CPU always picks left regardless of wind. Hum always having two good quarters and the cpu having two good quarters. 2 mins left, qb goes from Tebow to Brady. CPU uses 9 - 12 offensive plays the whole game.

OH YES, and by ALL means make sure players have tattoos BECAUSE that is important for realistic gameplay
Old 05-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #307
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

Perhaps they could finally eliminate the cpu always calling timeout at the 1:01 mark of the 2nd and 4th qtrs. If they are losing and have the ball you can count on that every time. It looks really bad when they complete a long pass, rush to the line of scrimmage, waste 12 seconds and then call timeout because they have to, it's the 1:01 mark.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #308
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Add in signature moves packages for players along with generic ones. Like RBs having Right Stick UP be their signature package instead of Truck. LeSean would pull one of his jukes, Gore would try to bowl over his defender, AP would have a good mix.

Change the generic player trait system into a less cheesy version of a 2k-like signature skills system or tendency system.

Some examples for different positions:

QB:
Off-Script: QB often extends plays, trading check-downs for the possible open man downfield (Roethlisberger, Flacco, Romo, Vick. QB scrambles, but searches downfield)
Escape Artist: QB evades or fights through pressure to avoid sacks (Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers).
Analyst: Adept at reading defenses pre-snap. Adjusts plays on the fly and often does a hard count to give away reads. (Manning, Brady, Rodgers).
Quickdraw: fast release/throwing motion, gets ball out under pressure.

RB:
QB's Friend: sometimes chips DEs on routes near LOS.
Bruiser: favors signature truck/stiff arm moves with Right Stick UP.
Houdini: favors jukes/spins with Right Stick UP.
Check-Down Royalty: often catches screens/flats with momentum carrying him upfield and in stride.

WR:
The Natural: catches passes away from his body. Will reach out further on inaccurate passes.
Ballerina: aware of position near boundaries. Toe-tap animations trigger more often.
Rebound: good at getting body position for fades and jump balls
YAC! : same as Check-Down Royalty
Astronaut: hovers in open spaces after finishing routes and during QB scrambles.

DL/Pass Rusher:
Swat team: gets hands up in the passing lanes often on pass plays.
Reach: will extend arms past blockers sometimes on running plays or YAC situations.
Cat-like: will actively go after the ball when QB starts the throwing motion, resulting in both higher % strip sacks and incompletions, but lesser chance for regular sacks.

I'm running out on these now...

Wouldn't it be cool if, instead of scouting all their individual attributes in the process, you get raw numbers from the combine and get to scout their signature skills, which offer potential?

Like, for a RB, instead of seeing SPD-86 ACC-89 AGI-91 STR-61 TRK- 60 JUK-66 SPN-71 JMP-78 CTH-59 RTE-57 on your scout screen, you see this:
"40: 4.55 20-yard shuttle: 4.25 3-cone drill: 6.74 Vertical: 34 inches Bench: 16 reps
Not a polished runner by any means, tends to shy away from contact. Will never be mistaken for LaGarrett Blount. Gets crafty vs defenders sometimes. Doesn't have great hands as a receiver out of the backfield yet, but shows ability as a run-after-the-catch player, which shows room for development."

Last edited by allhailben7; 05-15-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #309
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

It'd be a way of making the draft and the full NFL more real and in-depth.

The difference between the first/second round prospects and the others is that they come out of the draft with signature skills. Some skills will have to offer new abilities (I don't know how you'd implement a reading defenses skill) or better development in certain areas.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #310
Rookie

Torris's Arena

• Announcers are worn out and annoying. They say the wrong things about 80% of the time and Phil Simms just sounds dumb with every word that comes from his mouth. I suggest re-doing their whole dialogue and also add two or more announcing teams. Hearing the same two guys gets annoying and old. It's also unrealistic that they would be calling every single game you happen to play. Multiple sportscasting teams would be cool, and that should be more interactive much like the announcers in 2k14. Also add in the option to turn their commentary off completely...
  • Defenders are just unrealistic when defending the pass. They'll go from slow to turbo speed in a heartbeat. They ALL can somehow stop running on a dime and turn their entire bodies to deflect or intercept passes. I understand NFL players are athletic but these mofos aren't superman. DBs also have the tendency to make plays on the ball while not even moving their heads. I'm pretty sure being psychic is an unfair advantage. Is there even a purpose to player ratings? Someone with speed in the mid 80s should not be keeping up with a player with speed in the mid 90s while running across the field. Stop making defenders god like.
  • Every hit is NOT a hard hit in the NFL. I could have my 225lb RB running at full speed towards some small CB, and the CB can somehow lay the RB out cold with little to no momentum at all. It makes no sense.
  • The drops are outrageous and have been for years. I don't understand why EA doesn't address this problem. Not every receiver is gonna drop a pass after taking a big hit, but EA seems to think so. And since 9/10 tackles are big hits for some reason this leads to ******** drops that just makes people mad. Especially when they happen in the endzone and/ord 3rd/4th down. Also the computer defenders jumping and making superhuman interceptions while user defenders drop the simplest interceptions is just stupid. It needs to be fixed.
  • Another problem that EA HAS to be ignoring on purpose is the idiotic game clock. If I'm tackled out of bounds, the clock stops. If a team just is just starting it's drive, the clock stops. Fix it.
  • QBs just look awkward when delivering passes. Fix the throwing motion to make it less robotic.
  • WRs in the NFL are taught to attack footballs coming their way, especially if a defender is in the area. WRs in Madden suddenly decide to replicate statues once the ball is in the air. This needs to be different in Madden 15.
  • Offensive Linemen are stupid. For example three 300lb men probably shouldn't run past a CB or LB trying to get past them to make a play on a RB during a screen. The OL tends to ignore the defenders and keeps running upfield as if the RB can block for himself. It actually takes a bit of thinking to play an OL position, but you'd think the guys up at EA would see this.
  • EA depends too much on us changing sliders to fit our playstyle. Make the game more realistic and stop making a game so dependent on sliders.
  • It's 2014... Players should be able to make and edit their own logos and uniforms for teams, and also the names. The location is the only thing that really needs to be said from the announcers, so making your own team name should not be a problem... Unless a team of lazy developers is working on Madden 15.... I don't doubt it.
  • As another user said, EA needs to take serious notes from 2k14's MyCareer.
  • Overall player smartness has to be fixed. Players just seem so idiotic and lost when on the field and not controlled by a user. They'll run into each other trying to chase the opponent, or just idly stand around while the QB takes off to scramble. WHY
  • We should be able to create our own stadiums.
  • I like the storyline ideas for the college players, and I think they also needed to be added to NFL players. Every NFL season there is some drama or breaking news story. It should be the same way during a madden season.
  • Players should be able to create their own PLAYS, not just a playbook.
  • ROBERT GRIFFIN III IS NOT THE ONLY PLAYER IN FOOTBALL WHO WEARS ONE LONG SLEEVE! MAKE THIS AN OPTION FOR ALL PLAYERS IN CUSTOMIZATION.
  • The players and coaches need some individual personalities. For once I'd like to see a scene where Dez Bryant is on the sidelines tossing helmets and cursing out Tony Romo, or see Jim Harbaugh whining like a baby to the refs.
  • We need an option to upload videos straight to YouTube.
  • Stop being lazy with player models, my gosh.

I have more but I can't really remember them now. I'm sure I will once I play Madden 25 later again. I can see any fan suggestions falling on deaf ears anyway since EA doesn't give a damn about our opinions considering they have no competition so they can afford to be lazy about making their NFL games.

I just wish 2K Sports would make a comeback to NFL football.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #311
Banned

Gurky26's Arena

1. Draft classes that can be drafted, edited, exported, imported, and shared.
2. Practice Squad.
3. Custom soundtrack.
4. Better coach selection and the addition of offensive, defensive, and ST coordinators.
5. More realistic depth chart system, allow for the different receiver, linebacker, and defensive back positions.
6. Permanent formation subs. The ability to permanently sub individual players into different formations during your connected franchise.
7. Better blocking on offense and defense. With the past few Madden titles my Left Defensive End is averaging like 5 sacks per game, and my right doesn't get a single sack. Also, there is still no real pocket for quarterbacks to step up into.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #312
Rookie

htamosan's Arena

Revival of cpu vs cpu on franchise mode.

The flexibility of MLB THE SHOW series is wonderful !!

I would like to sometimes watch cpu vs cpu slowly.

It will be required since NCAA FOOTBALL series was lost.

Last edited by htamosan; 05-19-2014 at 10:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »