Home

Old 05-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #321
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

- A really indepth scouting/drafting process
- Practice squad
- Being able to sign assistant coaches........(including posiition coaches)
- Make rivalry games feel like rivalry games....want the stadium electric
- A more indepth injury/recovery process...maybe allow you to see wear and tear on a player's body or something also better injury frequency. It is absolutely ridiculous the amount of starters you lose in a season if you sim a few games. Absolutely ridiculous.
- Better CPU logic.....especially in offseason task
- More realistic stats...I'm sorry EA but 7 guys will not throw 5k yards in the same season
- More balanced sack numbers: IE. One guy get 22 with the rest of the team having 18 combined even though they have wealth of pass rushers
- Some sort of roster foundation & achievements menu option (IE: the show)
- Use of media outlets during a season for highlights, scores, and analyst
- Mock drafts by the so called "experts" and better draft presentation

I don't want much do I hahaha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #322
MVP

Toupal's Arena

1. CUSTOM DRAFT CLASSES- NBA 2k14 figured it out, and madden 12 also had it somewhat figured out. I understand it is easier to create a draft class of 70 for NBA 2k14, but there isn't a reason in the world why you can't keep the same draft classes that were in Madden 25, but to at least give the user the chance to edit the class before the draft. I love the fact that when there are real players, I don't need to do in game scouting. I do the scouting when I watch college football players play on Saturday. I am tired of seeing John Williams QB Central Michigan, when I can easily change it to Jameis Winston QB Florida State. Give the user the freedom to personalize their draft/ franchise experince. Even if this is too much to ask for, allow us to edit the rosters of our team and other teams, so that way when the Cleveland Browns draft "Pocket Passer, Mike Wislon, QB #13 of Washington State," I can manual go in and change that person in Johnny Manziel.

1.5 College Integration- Now that NCAA is no longer available, I would like to see some of the things that made NCAA so successful, and bring them over to Madden. Something on top of that I would liek to see, is create a new coach for franchises. Lets be honest, Jason Garrett isn't going to be cycling around for the next 10 years as a head coach option in Madden, give us the chance to make a new coach, whether it is a totally made up person, Nick Saban, Kevin Sumlin or some CFL coach.

2. Fix the retirements- Lets be honest, pocket QB's are not retiring when they're 36 or 37. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are staying in the league until the catch Brett Favre's passing record or another Super Bowl. Quarterbacks and kickers have the longest life span in the NFL, and I expect it to be that way in Madden.

3. Records, History, and Stats- I hate how after you play a season in Madden and you move on to the next, it seems as if the previous season never happened. I would like to maybe see something simple, like a ring ceremony, or a championship banner in the stadium, or (this is crosing over with my next problem), but I would like to hear the commentary talk about previous seasons in the game. If Peyton Manning breaks Brett Favre's passing yard record, I want to hear the Phill Simms talk about it. It is fun trying to catch the greatest football players who have ever played, but Madden has never really done a good job of celebrating and remembering some of the all-time greats and their accomplishments. I also want to see a previous season archive, where I can go and look back and see a game where I ran for 298 yards with Adrian Peterson or something like that. I want to be able to celebrate what I've done and what I have accomplished.

4. The Commentary- Why is Phill Simms such a negative nancy with his comments on Madden 25? It seems like no matter what I do, I am wrong. I kick it on 4th and 1, I am an idiot. I go for it on 4th and 1, and I am still an idiot. On top of that too, I am tired of hearing the same things over and over again. I want the commentary to be more personalized towards each team. Talk about the Bears, and their defensive rich history, or if the Buffalo Bills are doing really good, compare them to the early 90's Bills. That kind of stuff. On top of that, I would also like to hear from more than the Negative Nancy known as Phill Simms and Jim Nantz. I don't care if you have to bring a homeless guy off the street pretending to be Joe Buck, I will take it, just to have some variety. Hell, I'll even take old Lee Corso clips from the old NCAA's.

I know a lot of these may seem silly or farfetched, but that is what I think Madden needs to do to put this game closer to what it once was in the PS2 and XBOX era. Lets use the 4th generation of gaming system to step foward, and not backwards.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #323
MVP

Toupal's Arena

One more thing...
Coaching changes
How often do we see the same coaches get cycled thorugh Madden? Let's be honest, if John Harbaugh is fired from the Ravens, the odds are the Ravens aren't going to bring in a recently fired Dennis Allen to replace Harbaugh. Something I have wanted to see in Madden for awhile now, is to edit/ create coaches in a franchise, because how many times have we seen a successful team bring in a coach not fro mteh NFL? Marc Trestman (CFL), Harbaugh, Carroll, or Chip Kelly all have had some recent success in the NFL after coming from a different league all together. It is only a matter of time until we see more college coaches like Kevin Sumlin, David Shaw, and Brian Kelly get their chances in the league. On top of that, if a coach gets fired, he probably shouldn't be a head coach the next year.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:59 PM   #324
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
One more thing...
Coaching changes
How often do we see the same coaches get cycled thorugh Madden? Let's be honest, if John Harbaugh is fired from the Ravens, the odds are the Ravens aren't going to bring in a recently fired Dennis Allen to replace Harbaugh. Something I have wanted to see in Madden for awhile now, is to edit/ create coaches in a franchise, because how many times have we seen a successful team bring in a coach not fro mteh NFL? Marc Trestman (CFL), Harbaugh, Carroll, or Chip Kelly all have had some recent success in the NFL after coming from a different league all together. It is only a matter of time until we see more college coaches like Kevin Sumlin, David Shaw, and Brian Kelly get their chances in the league. On top of that, if a coach gets fired, he probably shouldn't be a head coach the next year.

Another reason I want to see position coaches in the game. You can see them become the next big OC/DC then being coveted heavily as the next HC.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:09 AM   #325
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Bingo! Look at the 90's Packers and 90's Browns. They have an insane amount of talent coming from their coaching tree.
That isn't even including the current ones from the Belichick coaching tree. Lets give new coaches their spot light in Madden 15 dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 12:36 AM   #326
Pro

Would be awesome to watch assistants continuously leave your organization to become coaches of rivals and such haha
Old 05-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #327
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Personalities
They need to add personality attributes. That is what would dictate the kind of player you are getting in the draft or free agency. Character issues are a big concern in the real draft, lets make it a part Madden.
Loyalty-How willing is your player to resign with you or demand a trade

Aggresiveness- Is your player going to go for the big hit, or the interception, is he more likely to commit a penalty, or is he going to go for the tight throw (Jay Cutler)?

Diva- Are they going to hold out and want a new contract, are they going to demand trades, are they going to allways want the ball, are they going to do more celebrations?

Clutch- Are they going to get better in the clutch moments of the game, are they a player you can depend on in big games?

Character- Are they going to be an off-field issue, will they face suspensions, are they a fan favorite, are they a media favorite, what plublicity will they give your team?

Not only for players would I like ot see this, but coaches as well.

I think there are some coaches out there that make their team, and Madden coaches really don't mean anything to the game. We saw what happened after the Bears replaced Lovie Smith with offensive guru Marc Trestman, the offense exploded, and the defense went down the toilet. The same goes for the 49ers. They were a team that floundered for the longest time, and as soon as they brought in Harbaugh, it sparked the team to 3 straight NFC championship apperances. Coaching attributes I would like to see are basically the same as the players, but with a few differences:

Recruiter- Do players want to play for him? Is a free agent willing to play for you and your system?

Scouting- Some coaches just understand drafting, granted it comes up to GM's most of the time, is it ironic that former college coaches like Harbaugh and Carroll get steal after steal in the draft? THey know their college players.

Teacher- Do they make your players better? Some coaches are better than others at progressing a player than others through the years.

Control- Are players willing to listen to you? Are you able to keep control of your locker room? Is your team going to have off field issues? Can you handle Dez Bryants and Ray Rices on your team?

I know these may seem over the top, but I think it adds a new realistic dimension to the game. I'm not say go out and create Aaron Hernandez situations for you to handle, but suspensions are apart of the game, so are players characters. I think it is great that players are looking more and more real, but in the end it is not their look that dictates their on field play, but rather their character.
And one more thing, I would like to see these changes put to assistant coaches as well.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #328
Rookie

pdandi1's Arena

My biggest gripe about this game has always been the generic feel it has.

When I play with a QB like Cam Newton, I want to feel like I'm playing with Cam Newton. I want to be able to avoid tacklers by doing back jukes and ducking and the whole sorts. When I play with a QB like Drew Brees, I want to be able to dissect a defense with ridiculous accuracy.

Basically, I feel like having a 75 WR is no different than having a 95 WR. There is no separation in ability. Players should have a unique feel along with their unique appearance.

Some QB's look too bulky (Kaep and Newton) and the players all feel the same regardless of sliders and difficulty.

The franchise mode is improved, but the FA signing logic needs to be redesigned. Too many times, I offer what the player is asking (if not more) and its usually declined.

Have the ability to view potential draftees at the combine, whether you're playing with them or what.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »