Home

Old 11-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #65
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

Great ideas in this thread and all, to some degree, need to be in the game; it appears we all generally agree on what needs to be done to the game, which is excellent to say the least....

Want put my vote in for the ability to customize plays..I believe that with solid NFL rules applied for what can and cannot be done in a play, custom plays could be implemented without becoming a "cheeze" issue...

Also, on top of all the other great ideas I would like a detailed explanation of how each attribute is used in game and how sliders and penalties work, specifically, and if penalty sliders effect game play, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
They had tattoos in Madden 04. The NBA allows tattoos. Is there any proof that the NFL won't allow Madden to put tattoos in the game.
You will need to take some of the vets here at OS word for it. This question is asked on a yearly basis and the developers in the past told us that the NFL won't allow tattoos.

There is no link online that you will find what the NFL will or will not allow in the game.

One of the other things the NFL won't allow is helmets popping off even if they allow it in the past in Madden xx.

This type of information was passed down from developers to OS in the past.

I don't know how else to tell you.

Last edited by roadman; 11-20-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #67
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

Ability to create/edit draft classes like in the NBA 2k series. This feature is a make or break feature for me. I refuse to play without real rookies for the first 5-6 years.

Also the ability to edit EVERYTHING, stats, equipment, contract, AND APPEARANCE for every player at any time, in any mode. Like NCAA series allows.
BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007
BASEBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Old 11-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #68
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You will need to take some of the vets here at OS word for it. This question is asked on a yearly basis and the developers in the past told us that the NFL won't allow tattoos.

There is no link online that you will find what the NFL will or will not allow in the game.

One of the other things the NFL won't allow is helmets popping off even if they allow it in the past in Madden xx.

This type of information was passed down from developers to OS in the past.

I don't know how else to tell you.
The NFL is also the reason we have no un-sportsman like conduct calls or fights. Remember the genesis days when you could retain control of your player for a while after the whistle and could tackle someone and get a 15 yard penalty? Me and my buddy would smash the heck out of each other if we were losing and frustrated. Seems kind of like real life!

Anyway, I just remembered something great from the NFL2K games. You could setup custom scenarios. Sometimes I didn't have time for an entire game so I would set it up as I was losing 24-17, 4:30 left in the game and I am on my own 5 yard line with 1 time out.

You could setup any scenario including Overtime games.

This would be cool to have back In Madden. I recreated several scenarios from classic NFL games this way.

And since we are at it, it might be cool to allow us to setup a custom playoff bracket so we could jump right into the playoff and align it with real life matchups. I'd dig this.

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #69
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
Ability to create/edit draft classes like in the NBA 2k series. This feature is a make or break feature for me. I refuse to play without real rookies for the first 5-6 years.

Also the ability to edit EVERYTHING, stats, equipment, contract, AND APPEARANCE for every player at any time, in any mode. Like NCAA series allows.
I'm going to quote my own post, because the feature I want to see is a must-add. Now with no NCAA series, it's time to allow players to create custom draft classes. Whether it has to be done in many hours on the console, or can be done on the computer. But it is seriously time for EA to give players full customizable control in Madden. It's time we get our money's worth on this game.
BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007
BASEBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Old 11-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #70
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

Sorry in advance for the length here:

One thing that needs to be changed is the inherent perfection in players.

Make the Awareness rating actually matter.

Right now, the problem I have most with this game is that players are not distinguishable enough.

How often do you see miscommunication in the NFL? Sometimes, a rookie WR gets mixed up on his route or goes the wrong way on an option route. Even with the "Route Running" rating, we don't ever see this in Madden. Have a new Composure/Big play rating, causing rookies to make mistakes and veterans to capitalize. Have a rookie QB with low awareness occasionally throw the ball to the wrong area as if he couldn't remember his read or the route.

Have some form of a CB aggressiveness rating to cause them to jump curls and out routes, but have trouble on double moves/pump fakes. Incorporate that into some form of play making ability instead, to use across all defenders, giving us an actual risk/reward with players like Asante Samuel. This would allow for more dynamic ratings, leaving you deciding whether or not to pick up a great cover CB that has a tendency to bite on fakes and over-run plays.

Allow different players have different options based on their awareness level, to add to the chess match of football. Make us go after top - tier QBs/LBs, Centers, Safeties, and WRs.

I want to go into the 4th quarter down by 7 and lose Peyton Manning... and realize I can't audible or hot route. Better yet, port over the NCAA No Huddle screen as Audibles for top QBs and leave the A,B,X,Y audibles for lesser QBs.

Create a "Play Recognition" rating for offensive players (or just receiving options) or have a QB/WR chemistry option if both have high ratings.

I want Steve Smith or Wes Welker to be able to read bad CBs and get in good position to fight for the ball.

I want a potential Manning/Harrison connection to form, where a new Smart Route option is available after opponents use a certain play too much, which would choose better routes with a prompt.

I want Patrick Peterson and Darrell Revis to really dissect a route combination, while Josh Norman and Dee Milliner try to stick to their man or zone.

I want to go up against Jonathan Villa or London Fletcher and have the defense try to react to my every hot route or audible. I want to play against a young LB and have him make mistakes on calls or decide not to audible. I want a challenge against good, intelligent players that can dissect pre - play formations.

Along with this line of thought: coach personalities. I want to play against Rex Ryan, Rob Ryan or Dick Lebeau and have trouble figuring out their defense. I want the Lions to play aggressive, leading to a little more penalties. I want the 49ers to try to impose their will with physical play.

Basically, I want this game to have dynamic, game - changing personality. It needs to be able to set players apart and make progression actually mean something. It needs to have us struggle without key players and make us strive for better ones. I want it to separate the elite from the good, not just the great from the benchwarmers. It needs to show us a difference between players like Calvin Johnson and Jordy Nelson; Jonathan Vilma and Larry Foote; Peyton Manning and Eli Manning...

Yet again, sorry for the long post.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #71
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

TL;DR:

Players' attributes need to reflect not only how they perform, but what they can perform as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #72
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

I typed all of that, only to realize 49UNCfan basically had what I said in 2-3 bullet points...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »