Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #33
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions

I have yet to see anything from Ryan Moody critiquing M25 Next Gen, and I have asked if anyone could present the article or video, but to no avail, shall I assume there is nothing but an interview with former NFL player Johnny Rutledge by this Moody phantom?

I would like to see if his review makes some good points...
Old 11-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've viewed a few of his videos and it's not about the AI being too easy, it's about the AI making boneheaded errors.

Now, there was a twitter conversation going back and forth today between several people and Clint Oldenburg. Clint was good enough, in my opinion, to take the constructive criticism and responded to one of the claims and agreed about the QB making a unbelievable throw.

Just wanted to clarify easy AI vs boneheaded AI. Nothing more, nothing less.
There are obvious legacy issues still in the game. I think that's been stated by anyone who's played with positive or negative impressions.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Respect? That's irony. There's nothing bogus about the agenda card, there's a reason that was written in to the TOS. If you want to believe in unicorns and fairy tales and that it's all about the betterment of the community that's fine, but it's blatantly obvious with a number of users that's no where near the case.

Continue with the victim card though.
So now you decide to attack and disrespect me and my opinion by accusing me of believing in unicorns and fairy tales. I'm seeing a pattern here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #36
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've viewed a few of his videos and it's not about the AI being too easy, it's about the AI making boneheaded errors.

Now, there was a twitter conversation going back and forth today between several people and Clint Oldenburg. Clint was good enough, in my opinion, to take the constructive criticism and responded to one of the claims and agreed about the QB making a unbelievable throw.

Just wanted to clarify easy AI vs boneheaded AI. Nothing more, nothing less.
Actually Roadman I have not even seen his review - but I appreciate you pointing that out -
Old 11-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
So now you decide to attack and disrespect me and my opinion by accusing me of believing in unicorns and fairy tales. I'm seeing a pattern here.
Pattern? Irony.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
So you've played a lot of the PS4 version?
That's a fair point given the thread title/topic, I have played it briefly, my gf's spoiled son has it already but not enough to give an insightful impression. Now considering the thread title/topic, I won't continue to post off topic.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #39
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have yet to see anything from Ryan Moody critiquing M25 Next Gen, and I have asked if anyone could present the article or video, but to no avail, shall I assume there is nothing but an interview with former NFL player Johnny Rutledge by this Moody phantom?

I would like to see if his review makes some good points...
okay, never mind, I found the video myself, and as I thought I did already counter his critique....There are holes in his review...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwdtx6Dc7k0

1 - Colts 93 is tracking Locker and does as he should, changing his pursuit angle...There was no clear shot on Locker as locker was rolling right and Walden's stunt had him going to the inside (left side from offensive perspective) The stop is the players change of direction. The weird look of the tackle picking up the block is just an example of Madden's poor animations and player models, IMO.

2 - LB Freeman, runs into his man while looking at the QB, he slides around DE Mathis but is met by the blocking RB; all of this is seen in any football game. Once again, Madden's poor animations make it look worse than it should, IMO.

3 - Angerer goes to the opposite side of field because as we saw earlier the RB was heading to that side of the field before picking up the block on LB Freeman - I would call this a zone defense....Could be that Angerer was man up on the RB and the safety was in a deep zone, maybe a Cover 2 under "D?" - also consider that the RB could be on a block & release assignment...Could also be that the RB was going on a flat route and because of the pass rush path, changed his path to block?

4- same player motions/animations - I agree, teh same old stuff and it needs to be changed. Madden has been milking these same terrible animations and player models for too long...

( I am not stating that Ryan Moody is wrong, just proposing other possibilities..)

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-16-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Actually Roadman I have not even seen his review - but I appreciate you pointing that out -
Yeah, he even calls them legacy issues.

The CB blitz Clint explained the RB darted over when the QB started glancing left. Said it happens in the NFL. Clint did agree with the QB throw.

Last edited by roadman; 11-16-2013 at 05:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »