Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #57
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
The problem lies in the execution. It's about the angle of blitz pick up. Based on the distance between the blitzer and the blocker from the QB, the blocker should have only been able to semi alter the blitzers path trajectory slightly away from the QB.

The pickup was appropriate, but the execution would not have happened if "true step" was given to all 22 players on the field. I'm out and about so I'm not going to use my data package on rewatching the video at this moment. (I was at home about 5 hours ago watching moody's video thru wifi.)
Could also be that true step has been given to all players but there is a triggering issue maybe? Just to take such a small sample and use it to make a general declaration so large may be going a little too far...I definitely want to see more footage..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 11-16-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #58
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
I have only 4 minor grips otherwise I'm enjoying Madden Next Gen

1. Uni's still aren't fixed. ( off white pants when you wear all white uni's)
2. When you custom your own rosters they don't stick when you start a Franchise (annoying)
3. Draft Rosters don't carry over like they promised (huge for me)
4. Still no 1 button 32 team control (sorely missed)
Old 11-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #59
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

With sliders this game is getting even bette. Just lost on All Madden as the Lions to the Bengals and it didnt feel cheap at all. Game was played in snow and I only completed 48% of my passes for 221 yds on 53 attempts. Dalton was 67.5 for 197 on 32 attempts. Bengals gashed me for 258 on the ground because I was missing tackles all over the place. Gotta get used to the controls more.

Hum Default All Madden but make sure you're Run Block slider doesnt end up on 75. Mine was at first for some reason.

CPU Pass Reac 75
CPU Pass Cov 75
CPU Tackling 60
CPU Run Block 60
Everything else default
Old 11-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 19
are there any new sliders or is it the same old same old?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #61
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
are there any new sliders or is it the same old same old?
Same sliders but changing them feels like they greater impact on gameplay than CG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 11
Here's my take on it. And you have to look at it from what kind of Madden player are you...

If you are someone who controls all the action with his controller then without sliders and what not, ratings don't matter. You could literally take the worst team, with the worst QB and RB and dominate the CPU on All Madden. Therefore ratings are moot, BUT the animations and things are because they are affecting how YOU control the players. This was something the IGN reviewer harped on. So if you're this kind of player you could make the case for either buying it for Next Gen or not if you already have it for current gen.

Now if you're someone like me who likes to go into coach mode with his franchise, then ratings really do matter because the CPU plays the players to their ratings, not to MY skill with a controller. This route means you actually feel good and care about your draft picks and talent you get from FA or loose to FA. So for me, playing the next gen madden mainly in coach mode when I'm doing my franchise makes me NOT regret my purchase of it. Also I noticed how in current gen say you make an awesome thread the needle throw, and your WR does an amazing catch and sprints up field for the TD.. the computer initiated replay would pretty much just show the last 8 seconds or so.. so sometimes all youd get is your dude sprinting up the field, you dont see all the greatness that happened leading up to that... for the most part in next gen madden the problem is gone. I see the FULL play being replayed by the game which is a little thing but makes that awesome play I just did actually feel awesome.

Visually I think the videos and even screenshots don't do it justice. While it's no NBA2k14, it looks and feels smooth and much better than current gen. Just my 2 cents. I will be trading in my current gen copy towards BF4 or maybe Fifa now.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #63
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Could also be that true step has been given to all players but there is a triggering issue maybe? Just to take such a small sample and use it to make a general declaration so large may be going a little too far...I definitely want to see more footage..
It's been confirmed by one of the developers that "true step" is only programmed for two players, user controlled ball carrier and I think it was the immediate user controlled defender.

All I recall was that "true step" had something to do with the user controlled player. And something about the lineman not having it, or something. A certain percentage of OS user were also dissappointed to hear that "true step" was limited to two on the field players.

If true step was fully implemented, theoretically, sliding, suction blocking, suction tackling, QB crazy scrambling footwork, WR/DB, OL/DL (leverage, angles) would be completely eliminated.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 11-16-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 0

Well fellas, this game is very fun to play and it takes time getting used to the true step tech. The people who were always bickering about SIM gameplay would suck are not enjoying this game I can tell you that!!!

Im having fun and havent had this amount of pleasure playing madden in a while. maybe its because its new and all but I can see myself playing this until the next version rolls around.

The complaining/arguing going on here is unwarranted really, I havent seen that many legacy issues at all and I am delighted to see players running and throwing at the sametime result in realistic results and thats more errant throws and less perfect strikes all over the field.

I feel this could have been achieved on PS360 but I will take what they give me and im running with it. Like I said earlier, people who have been hard on madden like me and expect some type of heart and soul put into this game will not be disappointed.

Ill check back in a few weeks with updated over time impressions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »