Home

I think NG vs CG proves my theory

This is a discussion on I think NG vs CG proves my theory within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: I think NG vs CG proves my theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
The problem is that 2K had no problem doing it 6 years ago. They didn't need 'next gen' hardware...
Exactly. It's like they constantly have to keep creating "new technologies" to do things that have been done many times before in the past. It's laughably absurd.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
What does 2k have to do with this thread? The OP didn't mention anything of that nature.
Since you mentioned 2k I feel obligated to say that this version of Madden is the first one where I honestly don't miss 2k5 so much. Other than the presentation aspects of 2K5 (ESPN branding,commentary, certain replays, halftime shows and weekly shows)I am completely satisfied. Now the game needs to make improvements but I am not longer pining for 2k5. Most of the issues are presentation oriented but it is still decent enough that I can live with it until MAdden 15, where hopefully they will address it.

This game feels "that" good so far.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
Pro

slowdifference's Arena

OVR: 2

More excuses being made for EA. The PS3 and 360 were more than capable of making a great game. EA made great games on PS2 and og Xbox. Just admit that they've been mailing it in because of no competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
Banned

Ovie832's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Since you mentioned 2k I feel obligated to say that this version of Madden is the first one where I honestly don't miss 2k5 so much. Other than the presentation aspects of 2K5 (ESPN branding,commentary, certain replays, halftime shows and weekly shows)I am completely satisfied. Now the game needs to make improvements but I am not longer pining for 2k5. Most of the issues are presentation oriented but it is still decent enough that I can live with it until MAdden 15, where hopefully they will address it.

This game feels "that" good so far.
I wouldn't say MOST of the issues are presentation wise (although a good chunk is) I still the gameplay needs to make bigger strides but overall I do agree with you. I wasn't expecting much out of NG madden but it has left me pleasantly surprised. It is still very much an EA game. (imo that means it doesnt feel as deep as something like mlb the show, both gameplay and presentation wise)..but I will say that it is the most realistic feeling madden to date. I truly think EA is making a push across the board to become much more sim. (probably thanks to the success of nba 2k).

There are still many legacy issues.. but I'm starting to lose some of the skepticism that I had with the previous gen versions. If they can improve their animation quality and depth.. and shoot for more photo realistic graphics. I really think we could have an amazing game. (COULD.. we aren't there yet) I've hated every madden since m10 but I'm finding myself to be very satisfied with the ps4 version. I play 15 min quarters on very slow and it feels life-like at times to me. (apart from the obvious animation faults)
Old 11-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
What does 2k have to do with this thread? The OP didn't mention anything of that nature.
He is trying to say that current gen limitations held back madden from really getting down football, when 2k was able to calculate all these things correctly on current gen years ago.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 11-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
I think until Madden stops playing catch up to 2k, and actually starts to make a 9 year old game look 9 years old 2k will always be brought up.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #15
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

In all honesty, I don't have Madden 25 on any system. However I played it on Xbox 360 a few times and it felt like it regressed from Madden 13.. And after seeing the "Next-gen" streams and stuff it looks like it's the exact same game. To say that because the little things you saw on next-gen vs. current-gen "proves" your theory is like me saying "I think vanilla ice cream is good but if I added chocolate syrup it would be great." No offense but it is more than obvious that an entire new system would bring a much richer experience to its games. I am by no means an "EA *****" or "2k fanboy" (I bought damn near every FIFA and always alternate NCAA and Madden), however, this game is not getting better.. Literally everything in this game you will see in a Madden on ps2 or xbox. The animations are all the same, the way the players interact are barely improved, and the logic is horrible. We still have Right Guards PULLING to the entire left side of the line of scrimmage because the defense brought a blitz to that side and nobody was there to compensate on a PASS play. The computer simply cannot be duped and it makes sure there are no blown assignments in the game.. If improving the power of the systems should bring better calcs and possibilities... Why haven't we seen a huge jump during these console changes??

Lastly, anytime someone comes into the Madden boards with a "2k did this 10 years ago," everyone goes crazy and wants to burn that person. Yes he didn't give any proof to back up his statement but he is right and his comment was relevant to your post.. ESPN NFL 2k5 did things that we still have yet to see properly implemented in our Madden to date. And that game was made on the ORIGINAL Xbox and PS2.. The fact that we are 10 years behind STILL is insane and nobody seems to realize it. We should be praising EA for having pre, half and post-game player/coach interviews and shows. We should NOT be praising EA for having a better merge of animations so that it doesn't look awkward that the player did something no human being would actually do.

But like usual I rant, carry on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This is why I brought up the 2k issue, I like to see posters stick around.

This forum is here to discuss Madden. The good, the bad and everything in between (left the comma out for the oxford dictionary guys).

It is NOT a forum to discuss 2k5 or NBA2k.

I've posted a similar sentiment in several threads so to those of you who have seen those posts this is going to sound redundant but I do feel it important for everyone to see.

If you want to bring up 2k for comparison purposes? That is 100% okay. But in order to do that, you have to actually compare something. Specifically.

Ex: 2k's line interaction was significantly better than Madden right now. Here is what 2k did and here is what Madden does (as an example). Provide proof of what you are trying to prove essentially.

Carry on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »