Home

I think NG vs CG proves my theory

This is a discussion on I think NG vs CG proves my theory within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #17
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I think NG vs CG proves my theory

Look, I owned 2K5 and 2K8 (APF), and I wouldn't play those games over this one right now.

2K's focus was always on line play, and I believe that was the right focus, because it is one of the reasons there game is still better in Madden some ways today.

I liked the 3-5-7 step drop system in 2K, and I think it's something that Madden is missing as well.

However, this game right now feels as "complete" to me on the field as 2K was. The difference, as I said, was probably the Madden's engine wasn't made to run effectively on the CG consoles. 2K built there's properly for the things they wanted to do inside the confines of the CG and LG systems. Now we have the NG systems and all of a sudden all the things the Madden guys wanted to work are working mostly like they wanted them too. Hating Madden for getting it right now is like being mad at Germany for WWII. Worry about now.

I don't understand how that's vanilla ice cream vs vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup.

First of all, I'm not seeing, so far, most of the frustrations I experienced on CG systems. When someone tells me that NG isn't good enough because they "watched a steam," I completely dismiss them. This is a change that has to be felt. It's like driving a new Mustang, and then watching someone drive a Mustang that they took into a mod shop and completely redid the suspension, and maxed out the engine. You'll notice some difference, but your eyes deceive you.

Playing NG Madden I wasn't that impressed watching my friend, but jumping in and seeing the swat balls actually work as the ball entered the WRs hands, and watching a LBer break off a route to swat down my pass as the ball was in the air is something that you don't expect. You don't expect that kind of intelligence out of single players in Madden on the CG. You can abuse them with the stuff all day. There is no pass rush, there is no real pocket, and swat ball, especially once it's caught, flat out doesn't work. That's not even mentioning the overall coverage differences.

No one's here shouting from the rooftops that NG Madden NFL 25 is the ultimate football game we've been waiting for. What I'm telling you is for the first time in a while I feel like I'm playing a product that isn't frustratingly bad at places, that it simulates real life football pretty well, and that what it's showing me right now gives me a TON of hope for what they're doing for 16. This is a great FOUNDATION for the NG series.

Last edited by Madwolf; 11-18-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #18
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I think NG vs CG proves my theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This is why I brought up the 2k issue, I like to see posters stick around.

This forum is here to discuss Madden. The good, the bad and everything in between (left the comma out for the oxford dictionary guys).

It is NOT a forum to discuss 2k5 or NBA2k.

I've posted a similar sentiment in several threads so to those of you who have seen those posts this is going to sound redundant but I do feel it important for everyone to see.

If you want to bring up 2k for comparison purposes? That is 100% okay. But in order to do that, you have to actually compare something. Specifically.

Ex: 2k's line interaction was significantly better than Madden right now. Here is what 2k did and here is what Madden does (as an example). Provide proof of what you are trying to prove essentially.

Carry on.
Thats basically what I was saying. I only play APF2K8 and the calculations that engine was able to make at all levels of the game.. the line interaction, blocking, pass rushing, tackling, the way the defenders play the ball... all that was pretty damn spot on compared to EA Madden. I'm going to get Madden on XB1 because I need my football fix, however when 2K drops their next football game on NG, EA will have to work pretty hard to come out on top of that. Pretty sure they could have just bought or reverse compiled that game, overhauled the graphics while improving on an already stellar gameplay engine, and voila.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »