Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Extended Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Extended Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Extended Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by priam11
That last post concerns me enough to hold off on the purchase. Penalties are part of the game. Potential point getting drives get stalled by penalties all the time. To have so few, at the stage of the franchise, is what brings me crashing back to reality.

Like what happen to holding penalties this year in Madden and NCAA?
Just raise the penalty sliders. They actually work. I was getting holding calls on almost every play when I moved the sliders.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Overall, this version plays like Madden 2005, which is the last Madden I actually liked.I absolutely love the auto resume,it's something that never showed up on PS3 or Xbox 360. Now I can finish a game instead of using the awful super sim. A huge negative for me is the fact that the franchise mode doesn't allow you to create your own uniforms and stadiums.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by priam11
That last post concerns me enough to hold off on the purchase. Penalties are part of the game. Potential point getting drives get stalled by penalties all the time. To have so few, at the stage of the franchise, is what brings me crashing back to reality.

Like what happen to holding penalties this year in Madden and NCAA?
I raised the penalty sliders and I get about 10 a game total and no there never has been a PI penalty! My last game I scored on a run play with about 20 seconds left and it got called back for holding! Couldn't score again and I lost!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 5

I think it's fair to say EA took a very "safe" route with next-gen. Although promoting the infamous RGIII scramble, which is prominently showcased on featured Madden 25 commercials now is pure FALSE advertisement. Things they did tune seem to have all been achievable last gen. Even with the higher textures Madden still looks like a PS3 game akin to NBA Live.

The Player models are really bad and the animation is just an eye sore. The thing that irks me the most is the QB scramble, they've taken the most exciting play in football, (outside of a pick six) and made it look horrible. WHY DOES EVER QB DO THAT STUPID RUNNING ANIMATION WHEN SCRAMBLING? Can this please be addressed?

The commentary is so bad its dreadful. I started a CFM and traded away Josh Freeman before the start of the season. Sure enough once the season started, all Nantz kept talking about was how the Bucs needs Freeman to show them this year he is the leader. Even when we lost our first game week 1, he started a ramble the very next week about how the Bucs didn't play well but still got the win. Its no longer a question of technical limits - more so the desire to actually pay attention to detail. Unfortunately I think that is something Tiburon simply doesn't care about.

The line play and defense overall is well improved and for that I tip my hat to Tiburon. Nothing like staring down a receiver only to see a DB realistically jump the route or make a great break on the ball. It's a thing of beauty and it forces me to take what the defense is giving me. It also keeps me engaged in a chest match with the "often" over-powered CPU. But since sliders have been fixed this year, this by far IS the best playing Madden in 9 years.
But is that even saying much at this point?

That said, living worlds is a complete joke. The crowd swells are random, but when they do trigger it feels good. Problem is, there is no 3rd down emotion or sense of urgency. Nothing, it's just dead. There is much that could be added from real-time presentation. Don't get me started on the sidelines crap, that's just bad.

Over-all score: 6/10
Old 11-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #13
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Has anyone noticed that next gen madden doesn't have player acceleration like current gen does? In current gen from a kick off return, punt return, or even a qb to running back hand off, there's a small amount of acceleration the player goes through before getting to top speed. In next gen madden, this is non-existent -- the players don't have any sense of acceleration in the beginning, it's all one speed. I really hope some people have noticed this issue with the game. It is something that made current gen madden seem much more realistic.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #14
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
The lack of penalties and animation hicups killed the experience for me. I played a couple of games and called it quits. FIFA and NBA 2K offer a deeper experience with fewer frustrations. 25 years of Madden and the penalties still feel PSOneish.
How about how the challenge system has worked for years? We still can't select what type of penalty we want to challenge, and it's kiiiiiiillllling me. It's one of the most frustrating parts of the game for me.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
How about how the challenge system has worked for years? We still can't select what type of penalty we want to challenge, and it's kiiiiiiillllling me. It's one of the most frustrating parts of the game for me.
I'm assuming you mean we can't choose what plays we can challenge instead of penalties?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #16
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm assuming you mean we can't choose what plays we can challenge instead of penalties?
Yeah, sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »