Home

Too many INT?

This is a discussion on Too many INT? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #25
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Too many INT?

The Int's I throw, I understand. The coverage's are a lot tighter and I expect the WR's to run their routes correct, not drift at times.

As for the CPU, I can see the difference in Top Starting QB and their back-ups.
Sometimes they just make stupid decisions like throwing into the flat and my CB is right there.
Other times, QB's like Rodgers just can put the ball into very tight coverage.

Good Games so far.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #26
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Im using

React 35 Int 0 and Cover 25 for both hum and cpu on all madden
Works pretty good
ok these sliders are good for int. but this the game becomes too easy. I win every game. I believe there is no realistic slider for me.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #27
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

The problem is the same for current gen.It's that the players are reversed.The DB's play like WR's and the WR's play like pop warner players.There's no real separation between WR outside of speed and the likely hood of them holding onto the ball if they get popped.They just have to overhaul the WR/CB interaction.Press coverage is way to tight as well along with man to man defense.If they can fix those issues I think the INT's will go down as well.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #28
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

I think they just need more swats and inaccurate passes that just go to the ground.

The "black hole" receivers are a major issue for me as the game never seems to have any passes that just go to the ground safely. Like someone runs a curl outside the numbers and your guy overthrows it slightly and it sails out of bounds. or your guy runs an in route and you lead slightly too much and the ball harmlessly hits the ground. It seems like the picks and drops are a poor attempt to reduce completion percentage. More passes like that would result in much less drops and picks since it would take care of the completion percentage issue.

And the defenders go for picks it seems EVERY TIME... why it does this, who knows... but it does, and they never seem to go for swats, except for one of your defenders swatting it away from the guy you are ballhawking with.

Overall, completion percentages are way to high, even with all the adjustments the game attempts to make resulting in even more unrealistic drop and pick numbers. Just too few regular incompletions in this game. But you know madden, every play MUST be a big play.

Last edited by HingleMcCringleberry; 02-18-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
The problem is the same for current gen.It's that the players are reversed.The DB's play like WR's and the WR's play like pop warner players.There's no real separation between WR outside of speed and the likely hood of them holding onto the ball if they get popped.They just have to overhaul the WR/CB interaction.Press coverage is way to tight as well along with man to man defense.If they can fix those issues I think the INT's will go down as well.
What is your qb acu and pass block on?

Im having qb acu at 7 and hum pass block at 30 and cpu pass block at 55
Old 02-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #30
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
What is your qb acu and pass block on?

Im having qb acu at 7 and hum pass block at 30 and cpu pass block at 55
6 on QB ACU and 0 on pass and run block.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #31
Just started!

whats your slider settings caveman?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 9

Is there anything that can be done about this? I've turned down CPU interceptions, but it just seems like they get more of them... Every time the CPU has a chance to make a play on the ball, they seemingly always intercept it. I end up with a stat line of like 20 / 25 passing with 4 interceptions... Where the only incompletions are intercepted. I end up making 20 good passes a game, but then naturally have 3 or 4 bad decisions, and all of those are picked. You could say "stop making bad decisions," but that's not entirely realistic either... QB's make bad passes in games, even the best of them, it's just insane to see every played on the defense make incredible interceptions over and over again.

Turning down CPU int's seems to have made them better at intercepting the ball ...

*edit*

So, normally I play very conservative to reduce the number of ints, but in the last game, I wanted to open it up and throw like how an NFL team might when they are down. I didn't make many on the run throws, mostly all from the pocket to receivers in single coverage, especially deep down field or on blitzes.

Stat line with Tom Brady:
18 for 29 for a pedestrian 62% passing completion percentage. However.
Of my 11 incompletions, 7 of them were interceptions. Seven. 5 of these were on deep down field passes on a 1 on 1 WR vs. CB or Safety. In almost every case, the WR had a step.

Passes deflected: Zero.

Now, I can curb this... I just play more conservatively, in which case i'd likely be 24 for 29 with 3 INT.

Last edited by Rebel10; 02-25-2014 at 09:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »