Home

Madden 25 Xbox One Gameplay Demo IGN

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Xbox One Gameplay Demo IGN within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #9
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden 25 Xbox One Gameplay Demo IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by husani123
Just like I thought the graphics look better on the XBOX
I may take my PS4 version back tomorrow
Oh here we go...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by husani123
Just like I thought the graphics look better on the XBOX
I may take my PS4 version back tomorrow
You cannot be serious! You're being sarcastic, right? You forgot to add a smiley icon, huh? If you aren't joking, sir, I sincerely and resepectfully ask you to reconsider. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but...no wait, seriously? What was it to your eye that makes the graphics look better? Was it the Xbox icons?

Fellow OS Readers
: Finally, after 6 years of crappy ports on PS3 that were graphically inferior AND ran choppier & slower than the 360 version - we FINALLY get some parity between the consoles in a Madden game. This is cause for celebration! Of all the things we complain about, they (Tiburon) actually got one right for once! This IGN Xbox One Gameplay Demo video proves just that...compare it to the widely available PS4 gameplay videos that are showing up online and see for yourself. This game looks, plays and runs the same on both consoles. If you're going next-gen and want Madden this year, you can't miss. And check my post history - I give these guys a hard time. On THIS issue, they get kudos.

So hey my friend, if you're being serious about returning your PS4 copy of Madden, do yourself a favor and give strong serious consideration to stopping at the eye doctor first, man! (or at least check yo' TV because maybe it's busted!)

-SeventhWard

Old 11-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Game reviewers write a lot of things that make me skeptical.

I'm my own best reviewer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

I dunno. I have watched quite a few of the PS4 vids of this game, and I have to be honest and say this is the best looking I've seen this game and I'm watching it in 360p on IGN. Having said that, it may have nothing to do with any system power differences and more to do with the setting and lighting in this particular game on this particular field.

I'd argue that if you take the 360 version and play at 4:15pm with clear skies, with an open dome at Lucas Oil Field you'll see some of the best and brightest most dramatic lighting of any game on the market be it last gen or the now current gen of PS4/XB1. It really is remarkable.

The only way to know 100% for sure is a side-by-side in the exact same setting with the same teams.

Last edited by FaceMask; 11-21-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #13
Rookie

Hmm I know this is not the topic, but the player builds look different from the PS4 Madden. take Notice of the QB build.

On the PS4 the QB shoulder pads are huge and bulky. Overall all the player models seem true to size and defined.

Last edited by Don Figures; 11-21-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #14
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I dunno. I have watched quite a few of the PS4 vids of this game, and I have to be honest and say this is the best looking I've seen this game and I'm watching it in 360p on IGN. Having said that, it may have nothing to do with any system power differences and more to do with the setting and lighting in this particular game on this particular field.

I'd argue that if you take the 360 version and play at 4:15pm with clear skies, with an open dome at Lucas Oil Field you'll see some of the best and brightest most dramatic lighting of any game on the market be it last gen or the now current gen of PS4/XB1. It really is remarkable.

The only way to know 100% for sure is a side-by-side in the exact same setting with the same teams.
If there is a difference between the two versions, it is on EA's end, definitely nothing to do with PS4 hardware. I understood why PS3 got the short end last gen, but I would be shocked if that continued onto this gen.

The game looks almost the same to me. Its hard to get a good idea from these videos, as we learned from the PS4 twitch streams.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 11-21-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:45 AM   #15
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Isn't the Xbox One the official console of the NFL or something like that? And isn't EA connected tight with Microsoft, as well as being exclusively connected? I actually wouldn't be surprised if there was a little extra love to Xbox...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #16
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I can't believe how all this praise for the o-line and d-line interaction has taken off. Just look at the o-line in the 9th minute letting guys pass through and then they run in place with the pattycake hand gesture blocking air with all their might. Crazy.

Also, game looks much better on the Xbox one. As someone stated, many of us were suspicious that this could once again be the case as it was the previous 2 generations.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »