Home

Twitch - Running Tips with Clint Oldenburg

This is a discussion on Twitch - Running Tips with Clint Oldenburg within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #17
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Twitch - Running Tips with Clint Oldenburg

This is one hell of a stream, FYI. Madden guys should be flooding this thing.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I was able to get him to answer how some of the ratings work with regards to backs and linemen. Should be good for guys who are oblivious andgooff of hearsay like me.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Already answered by a developer one month ago from a podcast.

Q: Any improvements made to WR/DB interactions?

Rex: That can mean a lot of things. You have to think about all the different components of the feature, are you talking about press and release, behavior at the line or jam, are you talking about route running, hand fighting on the routes, or the interactions at the catch point? There's a lot of different factors of that feature. The one thing that will really jump out at you is with player sense and human intelligence at the DB position. You'll especially see this in zone coverage, the way defenders will react once the ball is thrown and break on the ball is really a lot more realistic. I think most people who played Madden 25 gen 3 felt zone was a little soft this year, but that is definitely not the case on gen 4. Zone defenders are brutally effective and will take much better paths to the ball, so their ability to break on the ball and target to their correct position to make a play on the ball or the receiver is vastly improved over what you've seen on gen 3.
Blah blah woof woof and you know it.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earth Blues
Blah blah woof woof and you know it.
Are you saying the DB play didn't improve from CG. Based on impressions on people who have the game and have played it, DB play is improved.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #21
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

OK. I am home now and missed the live twitch stream. Is it available anywhere to view? If not....can someone recap some of the important topics he touched on? I really hate that I missed it!

THanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
OK. I am home now and missed the live twitch stream. Is it available anywhere to view? If not....can someone recap some of the important topics he touched on? I really hate that I missed it!

THanks.
I don't believe they have the archived version available yet but host of the account said that they would archive it for those unable to view it live. Clint was very good about answering questions, and I even got to chose the AI team, the Bills!

No specifics, he went over how to run certain plays, like staying behind the pulling guard on a toss play. I asked him about some of the rating and how they affect the run game, awareness for linemen, run block, strength, and how strength affects the runningbacks. Some things I have been curious about.

He talked about the precision modifier and went out of his way to do what would be stupid moves in a live game situation. It was set up pretty poorly though because he was trying to read the questions and play at the same time. He needed a wingman. It sounded like he believed they would do it again in the future, hopefully with a better setup.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'm worried there may not be an archive due to a PS4/Twitch bug (referenced by icicle above).

And to add insult to injury, I actually recorded the stream with OBS anticipating this once I saw that it was a direct PS4 stream....and somehow muted my PC's volume at some point before I left for work. And the audio was what I probably needed out of this stream more than anything, if he talked about what the attributes do. I hate my life.

Looks like it was a pretty lengthy stream...about an hour and twenty minutes. Hope you guys do another one that I can watch live!

Last edited by bcruise; 11-22-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Doh! I really hope they get an archive version up. My running game needs help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »