Home

I have never seen this in a football video game until now

This is a discussion on I have never seen this in a football video game until now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #25
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I have never seen this in a football video game until now

WTF was that? And why was Peterson getting pancaked at the end running full speed? See EA hasn't changed. Just a port over. Give me a next gen football game with lineman who still don't play patty cake. Not spending my hard earned money on this product. I'll keep paying attention though. What choice do I have? Not alot of options out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #26
Banned

IrishFrank's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
And you shouldn't. That was just ridiculous why on earth would anyone be impressed by that? I still have an open mind about Madden NG but anymore vids like that will close it up in a hurry
Having seen something similar to that in yesterday's Notre Dame/BYU game at least I know it's possible.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
WTF was that? And why was Peterson getting pancaked at the end running full speed? See EA hasn't changed. Just a port over. Give me a next gen football game with lineman who still don't play patty cake. Not spending my hard earned money on this product. I'll keep paying attention though. What choice do I have? Not alot of options out there.
Im glad someone spoke up about that tackle at the end of that run. That tackle on Peterson was bad, not even close to realistic, Peterson would never get hit like that, momentum means absolutely nothing in this game. The duck in between the two engaged players wasn't bad though.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #28
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

I honestly don't know what's worse the fact that it was possible for AP to get that small without contact from either player he squeezed between or the excitement and unwarranted adulation of the person in the video ("fundamental football breakdowns" Pfffft). If it were Ray Rice, I might be impressed, but what actually appears to happen is the stumble animation takes control and the two players AP squeezes between are locked in their own animations and unable to interact. SSDD

BTW fundemental is spelled FUNDAMENTAL if anyone could get that to the video creator it might save him some flack from the youtubbers.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 11-26-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #29
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

same thing happened to me the other day

Old 12-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #30
Banned

fearme504's Arena

OVR: 1

I dont see what the big gripe is about. I could easily see how the play could happen to fast for the linemen to react in real life and in the game. I think it looks nice. Wouldn't want to see it all the time. In that second video you can clearly see that the offenseive linemans hands is pushed by Matthews as he goes through.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »