Home

PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread

This is a discussion on PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread

I've had better luck trying to use my middle fingers to get the touch pad. I've also debated taping some thread on the back or something to make a boxed area...I feel like i tapped it, but it appears i am too far to the right (in my opinion it doesnt spread far enough to the side of the pad.)

Ideally a new grip will come out with double triggers, with L2/R2 either squeezing some stylus to tap the touch pad, or ideally to use the expansion port and having them be their own buttons. Then they could potentially add small buttons just to the side of the sticks to be L3/R3.

I really am surprised nothing like this has been released yet. I think remote play is probably increasing vita sales, but i think having better button options would increase them even more, not to mention making money on an accessory for it.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #10
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
That's kind of what I do right now, but I'd love to be able to use the modifier at least. When I try to reach it, I often bump the r1 button and pitch the ball!!! Oops!
Is it possible to re-map pre-play pass patterns on another button ? (sorry don't have neither ps4 nor madden, hoping to get one on Friday on day1 here in Vienna but seems like they're giving out bread to a population on famine).

Anyway I think Madden is way more playable than other games where R2/L2 are *really* important, like Fifa.

Is the front touch somehow used ?
Old 11-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I switch between using a grip case and nothing at all and while its easier to access the touchpad without the grips, my hands cramp after extended usage.

Remote play away from home works great! Tried it using an LTE hotspot and the performance is pretty smooth (with a few hiccups every now and then).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

I am rocking out this remote play feature, and I am REMOTE. I have a good wifi connection at work and good bandwidth at my house, sixty miles away. I am halfway through a game with NO LAG!! Awesome stuff!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #13
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Wow you guys are inspiring me to check out this feature. Can't believe it works so well so far away.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
I've had better luck trying to use my middle fingers to get the touch pad.
That's what I do. When playing a game that requires triggers I end up with my index fingers on the L1/R1, my middle fingers hovering over the trigger areas of the back touch screen, and the weight of the device supported by the curve of hands rather than my fingers. It takes a bit of getting used to, and can bring on hand fatigue a little quicker, but it works.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #15
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
That's what I do. When playing a game that requires triggers I end up with my index fingers on the L1/R1, my middle fingers hovering over the trigger areas of the back touch screen, and the weight of the device supported by the curve of hands rather than my fingers. It takes a bit of getting used to, and can bring on hand fatigue a little quicker, but it works.
That's exactly what I do also, unfortunately I haven't really been able to do the L2 modifier for stiff arms and hurdles, etc effectively. I wish they made the thing with all of the exact same buttons in same place as a regular controller. Still having fun with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0

I am having a hard time adapting to the Vita. I think that it is a great device. I have played my PS4 games a pretty good ways from home with very, very little lag or interference. It really works seamlessly with the PS4. On a side note, I am able to remote into my PS3 and have access to all of my movie and video files on my home server through my PS3. It is pretty neat.

I really like it, but I am thinking about selling it because I just cannot get used to the controls. That, and I don't know how often I am going to use it. I am really torn on what to do. I got a steal on the Walking Dead bundle on Cyber Monday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »