Home

PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread

This is a discussion on PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Nah, but I was sure someone would say something about that. She never undresses or dress in front of me. She always has a towel or robe on.
TMI my friend.

Back on topic, when you use the Vita for remote play does the disc for the game you're playing need to be inserted into the PS4? I ask because it appears games install onto the PS4's HDD, but I think this is to decrease load times and improve game performance. I don't think this would give a user full access, but I'm not 100% sure. When a digital game is purchased and downloaded onto the PS4 HDD, then I'm guessing you can remotely access your game library and easily play, giving the user more incentive to purchase digital copies.

Let me know if I'm missing something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #26
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikskillz
TMI my friend.

Back on topic, when you use the Vita for remote play does the disc for the game you're playing need to be inserted into the PS4? I ask because it appears games install onto the PS4's HDD, but I think this is to decrease load times and improve game performance. I don't think this would give a user full access, but I'm not 100% sure. When a digital game is purchased and downloaded onto the PS4 HDD, then I'm guessing you can remotely access your game library and easily play, giving the user more incentive to purchase digital copies.

Let me know if I'm missing something.
Remote play follows the same rules as the PS4 itself since you're taking control of the entire system through the Vita, including the dashboard or whatever Sony is calling it now. So, yes, you need the disc in for a game you didn't buy digitally.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 2

Someone mentioned auto sprint but is that even an option in the game? Also, what does the bottom quadrant of the touch pad do? I keep calling time outs inadvertently.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #28
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by miknhoj1983
Someone mentioned auto sprint but is that even an option in the game? Also, what does the bottom quadrant of the touch pad do? I keep calling time outs inadvertently.
I believe the bottom quandary is equivalent to the R3/L3 buttons.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 12-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #29
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by miknhoj1983
The front screen is why you keep calling timeouts. During remote play touching the screen is the equivalent to clicking the touchpad on the DS4.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 2

Thanks. So any way to turn on autosprint? That is the only thing keeping me from playing on vita exclusively. Love remote play but it would be a million times better if we could at least reverse the R1/L1 with R2/L2 as sprint and precision modifier and play view are very important.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Honestly the button mapping is idiotic. It's apparent that there was zero effort put into the remote play feature for Madden, which is a shame. Assassin's Creed, for example, is perfectly playable (I play often from the office in between classes -- still GORGEOUS) due to the intelligent re-mapping of the buttons, that have PS4 L2/R2 as the shoulder buttons on the Vita, and R3 is the bottom right corner of the front touch screen. R1, rarely used, is still easier to press, as it takes up the whole right side of the back touch screen. If only we could just edit the button mapping ourselves... and copy Ubisoft. There were news reports that it took Ubi a whole 6 hours of work to prep the Remote Play features. Due diligence, IMHO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #32
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebbunks
Honestly the button mapping is idiotic. It's apparent that there was zero effort put into the remote play feature for Madden, which is a shame. Assassin's Creed, for example, is perfectly playable (I play often from the office in between classes -- still GORGEOUS) due to the intelligent re-mapping of the buttons, that have PS4 L2/R2 as the shoulder buttons on the Vita, and R3 is the bottom right corner of the front touch screen. R1, rarely used, is still easier to press, as it takes up the whole right side of the back touch screen. If only we could just edit the button mapping ourselves... and copy Ubisoft. There were news reports that it took Ubi a whole 6 hours of work to prep the Remote Play features. Due diligence, IMHO.
I wasn't aware that the program or game could intelligently remap the buttons on the Vita at all. I figured all of the logic was on Sony's side. So you are saying that Assassins Creed automatically remaps when it detects remote play? Then switches back if you grab a controller? Or is there a setting inside the game that you have to choose to make this happen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »