Home

PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread

This is a discussion on PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #33
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PS4 Madden 25 Vita Remote Play thread

Can I play battlefield 30 miles away on my vita? Like online play?
Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebbunks
Honestly the button mapping is idiotic. It's apparent that there was zero effort put into the remote play feature for Madden, which is a shame. Assassin's Creed, for example, is perfectly playable (I play often from the office in between classes -- still GORGEOUS) due to the intelligent re-mapping of the buttons, that have PS4 L2/R2 as the shoulder buttons on the Vita, and R3 is the bottom right corner of the front touch screen. R1, rarely used, is still easier to press, as it takes up the whole right side of the back touch screen. If only we could just edit the button mapping ourselves... and copy Ubisoft. There were news reports that it took Ubi a whole 6 hours of work to prep the Remote Play features. Due diligence, IMHO.

Agreed. I wonder if they can fix it with a patch. Knowing EA, I hightly doubt it.

NBA 2K14 is unplayable as well since sprint is R2.

To be honest, I'm getting used to it in Madden and its not a game killer but still super annoying. Just being able to flip the L1/R2 with the L2/R2 buttons would be an exponential difference.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #35
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

made some skill drills on remote play and no problems on pass plays, got three gold medals easily. Run plays are thougher because of the sprint button on the back touch.

All in all is enjoyable, the only problem is indeed the sprint. Still cannot understand why in a game where you can edit everything you cannot remap buttons, typical EA. I think is to promote XBox, there's no other reason to not support remote play better. And Vita could be perfect for the coach stats as they have on xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #36
Rookie

penacho's Arena

OVR: 0

Could I access my online CFM while at work and make trades, signings, etc. via remote play? Everything I'd normally be able to do if I was playing on PS4?
Old 01-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #37
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by penacho
Could I access my online CFM while at work and make trades, signings, etc. via remote play? Everything I'd normally be able to do if I was playing on PS4?
That depends on your connection quality at work (and, I suppose, the quality of your home network). But if you can access remote play from work, then yes, you can do anything there that you can do at home. You have full control* of your entire PS4 system, so you're playing the full game, not some watered-down version.

* I did find that Netflix is blocked from remote play for whatever reason. Not a huge deal, obviously, since it has a native Vita app.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 2

So I'm thinking that the solution to not being able to comfortable use the R2 and L2 trigger is to up the speed on your players but lower the Minimum Speed Threshold slider.

Anyone know what would be a good set up?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #39
Rookie

penacho's Arena

So dope!! Thanks for the reply Azamien.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #40
Just started!

Ok I've read this whole thing and I'm contemplating buying a vita so please let me clarify some stuff for my simpleton brain.

So long as I pair my future vita to my ps4, I can take complete control I my ps4 from another location so long as I have wifi? Do I need a madden disk for the vita? Also, and most importantly, can I access my online league? All I have to do is leave the ps4 in standby mode when I leave the house? I travel almost 200 days a year and am really tired of lugging my ps4 around the country.

Thanks for this in depth review guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »