Home

Fear the D - Defense is back in Madden

This is a discussion on Fear the D - Defense is back in Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fear the D - Defense is back in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
300 yards passing and 150 yards rushing per game is different then scoring 70 with Oakland, and you're probably not even getting a full NFL game in.

Try playing Oakland against KC or Seattle (updated rosters).
Those stats are with Oakland and those numbers are my averages. I've gone as high as 460 yards passing and 230 yards rushing. Doesn't matter who the team I'm playing against is... All-Pro offline is a joke. Took me 4 games to adjust and now it's just as easy as CG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp5o
Those stats are with Oakland and those numbers are my averages. I've gone as high as 460 yards passing and 230 yards rushing. Doesn't matter who the team I'm playing against is... All-Pro offline is a joke. Took me 4 games to adjust and now it's just as easy as CG.
Wonder if the PS4 version is easier?

Why don't you try All Madden?
Old 11-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Wonder if the PS4 version is easier?

Why don't you try All Madden?
I'm playing a CCM with two friends who are not on the same skill level yet, so I am waiting for them to catchup before we switch.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #44
Rookie

Yea, I'm having to get used to this. I hadn't played a Madden in the past few years but got 25 for 360 and got used to doing whatever I wanted on offense.

I threw a lot of ints when I got M25 on XB1. Pretty much every one of them I thought "oh ****" after I hit the button for the receiver. I knew it was a bad decision before the INT was actually made.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree that defense is back in a big way.

I play exclusively online ranked games and am currently 20-9 using only the Buffalo Bills. I've beaten good opponents using much better teams routinely. How? Defense.

The Bills have Williams, Williams, and Dareus on the D-line (All 90+), Kiko Alonso at MLB, Jairus Byrd at FS, and three corners with good speed and man coverage. I use the default Bills playbook and mix up my looks. 3-4, 4-3, odd fronts, keep the offense guessing. Just like the real Bills D under Mike Pettine. I have been successfully limiting and frustrating opponents. Nothing has changed about the way I play from past years. Its the AI that has changed. Now players actually have to read a defense, and its clear that many people can't, and revert to the same money plays that have worked in past years. But guess what? They're not working.

Defense in this game owns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #46
Rookie

Totalpackage83's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goganious
I agree that defense is back in a big way.

I play exclusively online ranked games and am currently 20-9 using only the Buffalo Bills. I've beaten good opponents using much better teams routinely. How? Defense.

The Bills have Williams, Williams, and Dareus on the D-line (All 90+), Kiko Alonso at MLB, Jairus Byrd at FS, and three corners with good speed and man coverage. I use the default Bills playbook and mix up my looks. 3-4, 4-3, odd fronts, keep the offense guessing. Just like the real Bills D under Mike Pettine. I have been successfully limiting and frustrating opponents. Nothing has changed about the way I play from past years. Its the AI that has changed. Now players actually have to read a defense, and its clear that many people can't, and revert to the same money plays that have worked in past years. But guess what? They're not working.

Defense in this game owns.
If this is truly the case, then it is music to my ears.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #47
Rookie

thesubmittedone's Arena

OVR: 1

This is such great news and music to my ears, but, I think I'm having a little issue with adjusting back to running my normal defense.

I've always played online with my Redskins and no matter how bad they've been ranked I was always good on defense. Then the last few Maddens changed all that. Nothing would work. Every QB was incredible and there was no way of stopping most seam routes up the middle. I figured out a way to slow some team's down, and that was by checking both of my outside DBs to the purple flat routes to take away the easy corner route from WRs and putting an extra guy on the opponent's strong side TE on almost every passing down. That helped, but only a little.

Eventually, I hated playing online and just stopped. Every game was a shoot out.

So I was excited when I heard from the vets here how much has changed. I went online to play a few games for the first time and in both games I played the same thing happened. Couldn't stop anyone.

I think it might be because I'm still doing what would work to slow people down before, which was a lot of purple zones to contain the corners as well as manning up the TE. Should I get out of that habit? Should I just assume normal zone plays, zone blitzes, and man coverages will work like they should more often?

Last edited by thesubmittedone; 11-28-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:59 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Love everything I'm hearing about the defense being back on the new gen. Just picked up the PS4 at midnight and I will be deep in the lab this weekend perfecting my sliders. I gave up on PS3 version a few weeks ago because of how horrible the CPUs defense was especially against the run. I can't enjoy playing a game where I can't get a competitive game against the CPU in all area's. I'm not the type of player who likes playing with a bunch of house rules just to enjoy the game. I'm not knocking the guys who do it but that's not how I play the game..

I still can't understand why some guys come on here and talk about how easy things are when they are playing on All-Pro. All-Pro has always been trash, is currently trash, and will continue to be trash in the future for any experienced player who knows how to play. All-Pro is for casual gamers. If you are an above average player you should automatically be playing on All-Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »