Home

Quick help on new running system please?

This is a discussion on Quick help on new running system please? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Quick help on new running system please?

So I get that I can't hit speed burst and expect to cut and change directions. I'm usually getting the handoff and trying to find the hole then hit it with a burst. I can't seem it figure out when to use the new precision modifier button, it seems to just slow my guy down. Also when holding it do I hit right stick to juke better, do I use B to spin or maybe A to stiff arm, it just seems so slow when holding it down so I can't figure out when to use it.

Also when not holding left trigger or right trigger and just trying to find a hole do I use right stick to cut towards hole or just the left stick like I did in NCAA on 360?

Pls help me getting a hold of these new running controls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Illcat's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Quick help on new running system please?

I'm having a heck of a time learning it as well. Although, I have noticed that when hitting the modifier alone, the RB will perform a little hitch move that kind of helps him navigate in close quarters.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illcat
I'm having a heck of a time learning it as well. Although, I have noticed that when hitting the modifier alone, the RB will perform a little hitch move that kind of helps him navigate in close quarters.
Thank you........ Hopefully others can chime in
Old 11-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

There are essentially 3 run speeds....Holding the "left trigger" (precision modifier) is the slowest speed and is great for waiting on blocks to develop. The "right trigger" is your burst and I find it works best when used as you enter your hole to burst passed the DL, or to get outside and turn the corner. Not holding any button will giver your runner a normal speed progression.

From what I understand, if you hold the "left trigger" and then release while pressing(engaging) the "right trigger" at the same time you'll get a little extra burst of speed. (This takes timing and I believe it is discussed in the "skills trainer."

Using the "right analog stick" while running will give you jukes from side to side, trucking when pushed forward, and a back step/stop when pulled back...You can also combine moves on the "right stick" by moving the stick in a direction and then pulling or pushing it upwards or downwards....

Precision moves add extra ability to your base jump, stiff arm, spin and dive moves for those players who have a rating of "90+" in the corresponding skill rating you are using...For example - if your RB has a spin move rating of 91 you will get a more wicked spin, but if you try the same precision spin with a runner without a 90+ rating in spin they won't pull it off, and may even fumble..

I find it is best to go into practice mode with "offense only" and use a run play to hand off and try the different moves until you get used to them and know what combos does what...
Old 11-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Illcat's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
There are essentially 3 run speeds....Holding the "left trigger" (precision modifier) is the slowest speed and is great for waiting on blocks to develop. The "right trigger" is your burst and I find it works best when used as you enter your hole to burst passed the DL, or to get outside and turn the corner. Not holding any button will giver your runner a normal speed progression.

From what I understand, if you hold the "left trigger" and then release while pressing(engaging) the "right trigger" at the same time you'll get a little extra burst of speed. (This takes timing and I believe it is discussed in the "skills trainer."

Using the "right analog stick" while running will give you jukes from side to side, trucking when pushed forward, and a back step/stop when pulled back...You can also combine moves on the "right stick" by moving the stick in a direction and then pulling or pushing it upwards or downwards....

Precision moves add extra ability to your base jump, stiff arm, spin and dive moves for those players who have a rating of "90+" in the corresponding skill rating you are using...For example - if your RB has a spin move rating of 91 you will get a more wicked spin, but if you try the same precision spin with a runner without a 90+ rating in spin they won't pull it off, and may even fumble..

I find it is best to go into practice mode with "offense only" and use a run play to hand off and try the different moves until you get used to them and know what combos does what...
Good stuff my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Eh IDK I often forget the "precision modifier" even exists and just stick to regular cuts and stuff and I do just fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »