Home

ID the Mike?

This is a discussion on ID the Mike? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 17
ID the Mike?

How does this work? I read it in the manual but there was no tutorial for it. Is that the "c" that appears over some defenders pre play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: ID the Mike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
How does this work? I read it in the manual but there was no tutorial for it. Is that the "c" that appears over some defenders pre play?
LOL. I was just about to post this. Its not the "c". The C is a choice route. If the LB with the C blitzes, the RB will stay and block. If he doesnt, the RB will run a route.

I have no idea how to ID the mike and I cant find any info on it.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I asked this days ago......In the PDF manual it says you can and you also can choose who you want to double team block, but yet it doesn't tell you how to do it. I don't know if it is a hidden voice command or what......

So far I know it isn't the touch pad because I touched it all over the place and all that does is call a time out or send a man in motion.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Woul love to know this as well.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 17

Thanks Aaron. Glad I'm not the only one in the dark on this. Was starting to think I was missing something somewhere. Not sure why they'd talk this up without it being virtually invisible in game. Same for the double team blocking. I'd love to know how to pull that off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Thanks Aaron. Glad I'm not the only one in the dark on this. Was starting to think I was missing something somewhere. Not sure why they'd talk this up without it being virtually invisible in game. Same for the double team blocking. I'd love to know how to pull that off.
Dont feel bad, im pretty sure the CPU doesnt know how to double team block either.
I signed Justin Houston in my offline CCM and was playing against the Pats.
2nd quarter and he already has 3 sacks (im playing on all pro with sliders and this is not the norm for me) and the CPU NEVER tried to double team him.
He MIGHT get a chip block from the HB or TE but that was it.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. I was just about to post this. Its not the "c". The C is a choice route. If the LB with the C blitzes, the RB will stay and block. If he doesnt, the RB will run a route.

I have no idea how to ID the mike and I cant find any info on it.
I figured that was their basic way to call out the mike? (and the choice routes are those routes where they have options as to what they can run based on the coverage? like the curl/post/out route)

From my understanding (and I could be wrong)...

On running plays the mike is called out for someone to block (depending on the play, such as if the FB or C assignment is to block the mike), or for specific RB instructions (run at/away from the mike.)

On passing plays it depends on the play of course, but the mike can be called for either the line adjustments (if the Mike is to the left the LG/C double the DT on the left and pick up the mike if he blitzes) or in some plays is called for the RB to let him know who to block if he blitzes, otherwise he can go out for a pass, which is what i interpreted the C icon to be on those plays.

Pretty basic overall if true because it only uses it on specific passing plays (and I haven't looked closely at the plays that use it so I don't know if there is any specific reason for it other than...lets give the RB a mike assignment on this play because it would be cool.)

If I am wrong, is identifying in the O-line audible menu? Otherwise I don't know what else it would be or how to use it.

Last edited by joet6683; 11-27-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

The Mike is the same, don't matter if it is a passing or running play. It is the guy who is the center of the defensive front. The C is the potential blitzer the RB, FB or TE will be accountable for IF you choose to keep them in to block. IF you don't keep them in the backfield to block, then one of the free offensive lineman will pick that potential blitzer up if he blitzes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »